Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
Was the full audiobook version released along with the hardcover?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
gently caress Sanderson is a beast. I can't wait for this next book. Is it confirmed that he's doing TSA > WOT > WOT > TSA or might we see the second TSA book before AMOL?

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
I know, I was just wondering if there was going to be another Stormlight book directly after The Towers of Midnight and before A Memory of Light, or if now that ToM is done he's going to jump right into AMoL.

I honestly don't know which series I'm anticipating more at this point.

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
oh, what

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
Been listening to Alloy of Law on audiobook. Branderson owns and is getting even better.

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007

Popular Human posted:

Just finished Alloy of Law. It was an awesome little bite-sized Mistborn novel, left me wanting a new trilogy in this setting. Did anybody else get the impression that the crazy guy in the prologue was burning atium?

I did too.

I just finished the book and really can't wait for the next one. His books just keep getting better and better, and even the 'witty banter' didn't get to me as much as it usually does. Listening to it on audiobook is usually even worse than reading it, but I was into the story pretty much 100%

I also didn't realize that the next Mistborn trilogy is going to be set in a contemporary period and kind of wish it wasn't. But then, I usually don't like Steampunk/Victorian fantasy settings and loved this book.

I guess I'll just trust that Sanderon knows what he's doing and will put out something good. I'll probably even read the necromancer/pizza book if/when it comes out and the descriptions I've heard of it so far made me physically cringe.

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
I've been flying a lot these past weeks and did a re-read of TWoK in audio book format. Now I'm all excited for the second book again and still have 2 years to wait :(

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
I skipped all the flashbacks this time around, and I liked it a lot better.

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
Just finished a re-read of Well of Ascension. Even the second time the end twist is just so good.

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
That would be his new Gathering of Magic trilogy

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
Wow, I totally missed that too.

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007

Yeroc2 posted:

Good news! A new Sanderson book is coming out in December 2012. It sounds pretty interesting. Its called The Emperor's Soul

Its supposed to be half the length of Alloy of Law, and set in the Cosmere somewhere.

What the hell, Sanderson. Is he using all these different publishing houses because a single one wouldn't release all the random books he churns out?

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007

Streebs posted:

God I love talking about the Sword of Truth books. Terry Goodkind is the best.

Funny enough, although his books are absolute poo poo, the tv show they made based upon them was really entertaining.

Darken Rahl was awesome, and Craig Horner got ripped.

Season two was the best when they went all out with the gratuitous eye candy. Who was the actress who played Kara? I need to see if she's in anything new.

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007

BananaNutkins posted:

Starting to have doubts that Brandon will ever finish the Stormlight Archives.

Yea, he writes fast, but he apparently gets fat even faster. Watched his BYU lecture series recently and the guy has definitely been hitting the lemon cakes. It took GRRM 30 years to grease clog his arteries, but Brandon did it in 5. Maybe Dan Wells has been sharing his bacon stash.

He probably eats while he writes.

Edit: Just think how fat he'd be if he could drink coke or mountain dew

Koryk fucked around with this message at 22:01 on May 11, 2012

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
Has there been any word on a Legion audiobook?

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
Someone refresh my memory: what's the projected release date for WoK2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
I just finished it yesterday. I thought there was quite a bit of stuff that didn’t really follow/make sense. I just wrote off as YA simplification.

Cytonic will be a lot of fun.