Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
This book may be good or bad, I have no idea, but the description of it on wikipedia makes it sound loving hilarious:

quote:

The world of The Way of Kings is one constantly assaulted by hurricanes.[3] Flora and fauna have evolved to cope with this condition.[3]

Oh okay, kind of interesting.

quote:

In response to an attack by malignant entities (known as Voidbringers),[3] the "Almighty" fashions magical weapons and suits of armor, called Shardblades[3].

Uh oh.

quote:

The "Almighty" equips knights, known as Radiants, with these Shardblades,[3] and, eventually, the Radiants defeat these evil Voidbringers.[3]

Hahahahaha.

quote:

Then, for unknown reasons, the Radiants turn against mankind and begin fighting over the remaining Shardblades.[3]

Shartblade.

quote:

The book begins at a phase where warlords have, for many years, been gathering armies around Shardblade wielding fighters.[3] These armies fight over possession of the remaining Shardblades,[3] in an attempt to acquire enough for a decisive advantage.

Sounds like a videogame I would play.

quote:

Sanderson describes the plot specific to The Way of Kings on the Barnes and Noble forums:

The book follows a young spearman forced into the army of a Shardbearer, led to war against an enemy he doesn't understand and doesn't really want to fight. It will deal with the truth of what happened deep in mankind's past. Why did the Radiants turn against mankind, and what happened to the magic they used to wield?[3]

I wonder if he'll wield the mystical shartblade?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Okay I'm going to read this stupid book you guys better not be wrong about it.

Expect a scathing review in 3-4 weeks (depending on when I can get it from my library).