Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Just finished Towers of Midnight and saw this was out, read the entire thing in a week. I enjoyed it quite a bit, although he's definitely not as good as crafting a world at Jordan. For example, I think I can only really name two areas in the book: the shattered plains, and the hilltop city with the giant library. And I have no idea where those things are in relation to one another.

I'm not even really sure who or what the voidbringers are, or what happened in the past (I'm still really confused by that intro chapter).

What other kind of books are like this? I've read Mistborne and enjoyed those quite a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

subx posted:

Not sure exactly what you mean - other Sanderson books? Or epic fantasies? As for epics, George R.R. Martin, Steven Erikson, and Joe Abercrombie have large series. I'm sure there's others, but those are the popular ones.

Sorry, I'm an idiot. Read WOT, ASOFAI, and all of Sanderson's books. Looking for others like this - I'll have to look up Erikson and Abercrombie. Any other suggestions?

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Does anyone know how much Sanderson made off of WoT? I seem to recall hearing he wasn't making all that much.