Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Kreeblah posted:

Edit 2: I forgot Goodreads is doing an ARC giveaway, too. This one has 200 copies available, so people who enter are going to have a better chance then people who enter the Tor giveaway.
This contest just ended. How do I know? I just got an email that says I was one of the winners! First time I've ever won any online contest I've signed up for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Don't know if anyone saw this yet, but Brandon did a Google+ Hangout tonight. This is the recorded video. Interesting to hear some of how he draws his ideas. (it's actually running in the background while I type this.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsrA90wsTv8

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Leng posted:

In case anyone missed it, Sanderson has ALREADY posted a status update on Stormlight on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Stormlight_Archive/comments/absjnj/stormlight_book_four_update_1/

I really love his work ethic and I'm excited to watch that new progress bar move this year!

Reading some of his responses in that post now make me realize that a few years back when I emailed him about one of his book signings asking if he was coming to the NYC or Philadelphia area it was actually Brandon that responded and not his agent/publicist like I originally thought. (Same typing style and tone in the responses.) It's really cool to see an author as popular as he is taking the time to personally respond to fans, even if it is the luck of the draw who gets responses.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Starsight: I needed some downtime after fine finishing Stormlight, so I wrote this book.

He does more work in his downtime than I do in my every day life.