Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Hasty
Jan 12, 2004
Dick Tasty for President 2020

team overhead smash posted:

3) What was the only order missing from the Knights Radiant scene that Dalinar comments on? Seems like it could be portentous.

3. I think he's not commenting on the orders so much as the 10 flashback characters where only Eshonai is missing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Hasty
Jan 12, 2004

M_Gargantua posted:

Finally getting around to Tress, and there is one Cosmere aware tidbit that bothers me - in this

“And if I’m the captain, then I’m going to go claim Crow’s bed. Don’t wake me up unless Death himself has shown up, nails in his eyes.

Which bothers me because

It implies that Marsh is somehow such a universal Death figure at this point that he's part of the folklore for a backwater girl on an entirely different planet

From the Lost Metals Ars Arcanum

"I have, after lengthy questing, obtained an interview with Marsh, the one known as Ironeyes on Scadrial. (As a side note, it is curious how news of his nature is spreading to other worlds. Is this natural rumormongering, or something more supernatural?)"

Mr. Hasty
Jan 12, 2004

pik_d posted:

Hero of Ages and The Way of Kings (chapter 22)

I went back to read the end of Hero of Ages to see what happened to the body of Ruin. It's just not mentioned (much like Marsh's body). When I first read the book I assumed Sazed turned Ruins body into dirt, but maybe not. The only thing that makes immediate sense is that Ati was Preservation and Rayse was Ruin, somehow escaped death, and is now in Desolation. This is of course assuming that The Way of Kings' epigraphs are concurrent with the text of the book which very obviously (from Mistborn era 1) might not be true.

But then also Rayse visited Sel per one of the epigraphs I read last night. I don't know how that fits into this theory at all. That and the Shattering of what I think is Devotion and Dominion.

Hero of Ages ch82
Ruins body shows up along with Vin's but Sazed doesn't recognize its significance.

Mr. Hasty
Jan 12, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

I chose my words carefully. (Full spoilers!)

Oh, also, I left a detail out. When Shallan draws Taravangian, she draws two Cryptics. Until the RoW reveal, you're supposed to assume that Shallan was just being scouted by multiple spren, but do we have a timeframe on when Testament got picked up and brought to Lasting Integrity?

RoW spoiler The inkspren Adolin talks to says Testament left 10 years ago to join the hunt for Radiants, and was found last year on an island far to the east. So Testament might have gotten separated after the fall of Kholinar.

Mr. Hasty
Jan 12, 2004

meatbag posted:

I meant it as a point against Chana being Shallans mother - if there are eight lines, no Herald died the same night as Gavilar, or at least not died-died
Stormlight 5 speculation
If Chana or another herald died before the desolation started, they would have returned around the same time Taln did, and we have no idea what she's been up to.