Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

taco_fox
Dec 14, 2005

Oh, wow. I loving loved the Mistborn trilogy, but I gave up on the Wheel of Time series a long time ago so I just figured I'd have to wait years for Sanderson to get that finished and continue on his own stuff. I can't wait for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taco_fox
Dec 14, 2005

mcable posted:

Especially since when we finally see Amaram's betrayal, I was really underwhelmed. Amaram took the shardblade for himself when Kaladin turned it down. What did he think was going to happen? That's not lighteyes being evil, that's just human nature.

You don't think killing Kaladin's friends (who were also Amaram's soldiers) then selling him into slavery so he doesn't talk about Amaram stealing the blade isn't evil? I think we saw enough of Kaladin's history to understand why he's so bitter towards lighteyes and it's perfectly reasonable.

taco_fox
Dec 14, 2005

I was really skeptical before, but now I'm getting excited. Can't wait for it to get farther along for more info.

taco_fox
Dec 14, 2005

Yeah, I enjoyed that as soon as Kelsier died he started punching gods in the afterlife. Fight the power!

taco_fox
Dec 14, 2005

I like Mistborn 2 and don't like Lift. A couple of hot takes care of yours truly

taco_fox
Dec 14, 2005

What is his aversion to selling things through a regular storefront

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taco_fox
Dec 14, 2005

Speaking of lovely grimdark fantasy, I've been listening to Way of Kings Prime on my commute and I'm super glad the final book didn't include the Shallan rape and multiple forced child marriages.