Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

ArgoATX posted:

Oh, neat! Is he one of the four guys still working on CK2? I saw his name in the notes for a mod I was trying to get to work earlier, what a small world. Good for him.

I'm the project lead for Europa Universalis 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashurbanipal
Jun 2, 2010
hi, this is Saifg looking for a guild invite, thanks!

eldrumo
May 23, 2013

Bingo...

Ashurbanipal posted:

hi, this is Saifg looking for a guild invite, thanks!

Did someone get you?

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.
We are still raiding Sundays & Thursdays around 7:45 EST. We could use real dudes although likely not tanks! Goons are doing things outside of raid hours too so log in!

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Perhaps I will log in for more than 2 minutes with my cleric or something.

awn
Oct 8, 2008
THE FORUMS have been moved back to gs.jnumbers.com, as they were originally in the last iteration of goon squad. sign up if you haven't already!!!

also, we are raiding around t7/t8 with almost no boxes right now, so now is a great time to come back if you had a dude before!! or if you want to start yeah this is also a good time for That

eldrumo
May 23, 2013

Bingo...
We have been doing a ton of day raids, and off night snipes, in addition to the normal 2 days a week raiding. Raiding up to T8-9ish on official nights with a ringer tank. We could use a cleric main so we can drop a box.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

eldrumo posted:

We have been doing a ton of day raids, and off night snipes, in addition to the normal 2 days a week raiding. Raiding up to T8-9ish on official nights with a ringer tank. We could use a cleric main so we can drop a box.

Maybe I'll join in with my cleric... maybe...

Also, I pose a question to you all:

Is SOD going to get sold to russian mobsters like SOE just was? Only time will tell.

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

SoD is already in the pocket of Big Barrister

eldrumo
May 23, 2013

Bingo...

MF_James posted:

Maybe I'll join in with my cleric... maybe...

You used all our cash to buy your shitbox cleric a charm, and left my guys with garbage. You should log in and use her :p

MF_James
May 8, 2008

eldrumo posted:

You used all our cash to buy your shitbox cleric a charm, and left my guys with garbage. You should log in and use her :p

Can't log in, too scared of Russian mobsters

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

I don't think anyone uses my monk, or my bst or clr, but if a goon officer or whoever wants their info let me know. Bst/Clr probably only useful for buffbots if you're doing t8-9 stuff but they might still be handy. No idea if monks were ever made playable after the last changes but I'd assume they got some loving after I quit in despair so susvain probably would be helpful to someone.

Edit- Daffie has my info and my permission to give access to other goons at his discretion.

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Feb 11, 2015

Kyp Durron
Jun 16, 2002
Playing as Gazan. I'm level 38 now, but who knows how long or often I'll end up playing. It's a fun server though I'm enjoying the main quest.

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008

eldrumo posted:

Am I out of tier? :ohdear:

http://shardsofdalaya.com/fomelo/fomelo.php?char=Halinforth

http://shardsofdalaya.com/fomelo/fomelo.php?char=Medrayi

eldrumo
May 23, 2013

Bingo...
I'm sure that we could get you geared up fairly easily. That said, raids are pretty full right now. I think there was some talk of maybe adding a second bard? You should post on the forums that you are from SA: http://gs.jnumbers.com/ since I'm not really the one to decide who gets raid slots on full raid nights.

I can 100% tell you that because you are a goon, you are welcome to be guilded and to hang with dudes outside of raids.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Gear is easy to get, your time on the other hand is the premium in the game.

At the point goons are at right now is the point where gear isn't the limiting factor (in a way it is, but in a way it isn't). Likely an amount of time will be spent rounding out slots for everyone (this is trivial provided items needed actually drop), but during this time everyone will need to XP their asses off, the tiers that goons are coming up to is where most guilds stagnate because everyone can show up to raid 2 nights a week, but it's hard to also spend a bunch of time xping/farmingcash/questing outside of raids.

If you're interested in playing, just start playing.

KingFisher
Oct 30, 2006
WORST EDITOR in the history of my expansion school's student paper. Then I married a BEER HEIRESS and now I shitpost SA by white-knighting the status quo to defend my unearned life of privilege.
Fun Shoe
Any use for this guy: http://shardsofdalaya.com/fomelo/fomelo.php?char=ruach ?

eldrumo
May 23, 2013

Bingo...

We have an SK and Pal raiding at the moment, but logging in to group with dudes never hurts!

eldrumo
May 23, 2013

Bingo...
Any 65 bard/ranger want to come kill stuff tuesday/thursday/sunday 5:45pm EST?

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Every time someone posts here I end up looking at the "SOD 2.5 BETA" forum, and end up sad that it's still a bunch of tumbleweeds, crickets, and people wondering if anything is actually happening.

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004
"Put something in otherwise you get stupid newbie"

Mercury_Storm posted:

Every time someone posts here I end up looking at the "SOD 2.5 BETA" forum, and end up sad that it's still a bunch of tumbleweeds, crickets, and people wondering if anything is actually happening.

I used to do that, now I just assume if there's a client upgrade, it'll be discussed here in this thread so there's no need to check elsewhere.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Hello friends. New guy here, with a question. i had gave this a brief try maybe a year or so ago and didn't make it far at all. I remember not really knowing what to do at the time(basically as soon as I made my character). Is there some sort of guide with the bare basics to help get my started? FWIW I never played original Everquest. My only real mmo experience is WoW.

e: just found the wiki, I'm guessing that should be helpful for an issue I have starting out

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Apr 4, 2015

Tash
Oct 7, 2008

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Hello friends. New guy here, with a question. i had gave this a brief try maybe a year or so ago and didn't make it far at all. I remember not really knowing what to do at the time(basically as soon as I made my character). Is there some sort of guide with the bare basics to help get my started? FWIW I never played original Everquest. My only real mmo experience is WoW.

e: just found the wiki, I'm guessing that should be helpful for an issue I have starting out

The Wiki is the place to check. Be sure to check out the Newbie Area Starting Guides on there.

Welcome!

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Thanks! I'll see if I can get it installed tonight, but I may need to do some housecleaning on my laptop's hard drive first. Is there still an active goon guild?

eldrumo
May 23, 2013

Bingo...
Yes, we raid 3 nights a week, but are pretty full on raid slots right now. We do need a ranger, but you are a bit away from raiding with us because you will need to level up. It may be smart to hang out in the Dalaya Beginner guild for a while while you level up. If you /who all goon, and find some dudes let us know you are an SA guy and we can guild you whenever you want.

If you find my guys when I'm on, Daffie/Civin/Galelor I can toss you a few platinum to get you started. I would suggest boxing while you level to 65 as it makes doing things a lot easier.

FYI - The website we use for the guild is: http://gs.jnumbers.com/

eldrumo fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Apr 8, 2015

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
No one's posted about the upcoming account drive in late May?

There's an upcoming account drive. It will be in late May.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
I picked this up again and was surprised to see my Bard was 55 and AA locked -- does it make sense to grind out AA at 55 or should I just floor it to 65?

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

floor it

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
You're past the real real to level lock (Ragarati for the ring) and 55-57 adepts are sorta rare nowadays so yeah just plow to 65.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Im not sure what class I want to try to begin with, but if I make a healer type(druid seems neat), would anyone be willing to level with me?

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

eldrumo posted:

Yes, we raid 3 nights a week, but are pretty full on raid slots right now. We do need a ranger, but you are a bit away from raiding with us because you will need to level up. It may be smart to hang out in the Dalaya Beginner guild for a while while you level up. If you /who all goon, and find some dudes let us know you are an SA guy and we can guild you whenever you want.

If you find my guys when I'm on, Daffie/Civin/Galelor I can toss you a few platinum to get you started. I would suggest boxing while you level to 65 as it makes doing things a lot easier.

FYI - The website we use for the guild is: http://gs.jnumbers.com/

Ah, didn't see this post. Thanks, that all sounds helpful. I'm not sure on the boxing, at least at first. I really have no idea how this game works and probably need to acquaint myself before playing 2 dudes at once.

eldrumo
May 23, 2013

Bingo...

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Ah, didn't see this post. Thanks, that all sounds helpful. I'm not sure on the boxing, at least at first. I really have no idea how this game works and probably need to acquaint myself before playing 2 dudes at once.

Absolutely, get comfortable with how to play before you do that. Many of us are old everquest live players, so jumping into playing multiple characters at once is no big deal.

I would suggest you jump in and get use to the game. You are going to find that most people on the server are willing to help you out in terms of answering questions and getting you rolling. I would highly recommend that you check out the wiki so that you can understand how in game commands and things function.

Turning run on and chat commands should be a priority for you to understand. Then you can start to understand the con (consider) system so you know what monsters to attack, attacking, and casting.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
I kind of want to main an Enchanter, but I'm being told that getting a caster raid-ready is pure hell unless you can find people who are willing to do the older content or something. Are goons still running that stuff with any regularity or should I look/hope to catch the new player wave that the next account drive will bring?

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Enchanters are really good later on, they have a pretty drat big increase in power later on. It's just painful getting there, sorry. Everyone loves the mained tomed/geared enchanter after you get your big buff spells but ughhhhhh.

eldrumo
May 23, 2013

Bingo...
I've never leveled an enchanter, so I don't know. I do know that dudes wont mind helping you get your relic spells, but the archaic is a little more involved. We do alt raids and quest stuff tuesday, so i'm sure it is possible to get archaic then.

In terms of gear, it is way harder to gear a tank than a caster. just fyi. You could get decent gear in 2 weeks of raiding depending on what drops and how much loot shower you get.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Having a bit of an issue with installation - as soon as the patcher's done, AVG detects EQW.exe as a threat and removes it. Is there anything I should be doing differently?

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP

Lizard Wizard posted:

Having a bit of an issue with installation - as soon as the patcher's done, AVG detects EQW.exe as a threat and removes it. Is there anything I should be doing differently?

Using something other than AVG. Whitelist it, it's not a virus.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Well, I got the game running and made my character, but I can't move. I have no idea how to do anything, really. What do I do?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Well, I got the game running and made my character, but I can't move. I have no idea how to do anything, really. What do I do?

Arrow keys. Press alt+o(?) to get a nifty bar appear where you can open other stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eldrumo
May 23, 2013

Bingo...

Lizard Wizard posted:

Alt + o gives you an options window and allows you to navigate to the in game keyboard setup menu. You can learn all your keyboard keys from there. There are only a few that are important such as the movement and targeting keys, the camera keys, etc.

The arrow keys are what I use to move. Not sure if the WASD keys are movement keys too.
The H key hails, so if you are close enough to a NCP (non-player character) in game. You click on them to target them and then hit 'H' to hail/interact with them verbally.
The way to interact further is by hitting the 'enter' key and then typing '/say' + your message. Or by typing 'enter' then '/cmd #' where the number is the command number indicated in the NPC text.
To talk to other people there are a few options you can get to by hitting 'enter' then:
/ooc (Out of Character - which is server wide)
/shout (this is zone wide)
/say (this is open text to anyone in your close vicinity)
/auc (Auction - server wide sales chat)
/gu (Guild - this is server wide guild chat)
/tell playername (this is a direct message to another player)

Once you understand the chat commands, most game related stuff you can ask in /gu or /ooc and people will help you out. If you are having persistent issues, there is also an IRC channel maybe be able to help too this channel address can be found on the wiki). I would suggest posting on the SoD forums in the tech help section instead of here. Goons are a small part of the SoD community, and I don't think any of us check this specific thread daily.

The server loves getting new dudes rolling so everyone is willing to help.

• Locked thread