Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

I said come in! posted:

Maybe i'll roll someone else then.

I've been trying to find ways to dick around and waste spare time, when I have it, and I was thinking of revisiting this for a while. I have a shaman and monk (Lheo/Oehl) which I worked on quite a bit but shaman and monk became boring, fast, for me. I was thinking of working on either a Paladin/Druid or Beastlord/Wizard combo. I might be willing to group up with you, if you don't get super addicted and play 24/7 and far surpass me in levels.

P.S. Nebi I know you stole my platinum, you bastarddddd!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Susvain, do you browse this thread at all? Holla back if you read this!

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Suprfli6 posted:

Yeah every now and then. What's up?

Hey, dude, it's Lheo from in game. I came back and started playing and I noticed I had some plat missing. I had Slaariel look into it and saw you borrowed it from me. Do you think you could spot me back the cash you borrowed? :)

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Suprfli6 posted:

Hmm do you know the amount? As far as I recall I borrowed 5k for like my juggo charm and then put it back a week later. That was almost a year ago though so my memory might not be perfect. I haven't played in months but I'll log in and see what I have.

=/ ... Slaariel counted that you borrowed around 9.5k from Oehl, and about 7.5k from Lheo.

Want to coordinate a time where we can both log on?

Null1fy fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Nov 16, 2010

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Suprfli6 posted:

K I've got money for you, when are you normally on?

I appreciate it, duder. I'll be on now, through the afternoon for a few hours - at least.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Jotto posted:

Goon Squad is around, albeit not very large. You start out in a newbie guild along with all the other noobs so you aren't necessarily alone from the start.

If he ever makes it to 65 we usually do a thing pretty often.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

I dont know if any of you old retired people ever read this, but if you've been tossing around the idea of playing SoD again now would be a good time! We raid pretty often on Goon Squad, now, and we just cleared Sepulcher of Darkness (T6!) last night. So big things could be potentially heading Goon Squad's way. We're still pretty heavily boxed.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Especially if you love playing a cleric or shadowknight

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

wtsnaename posted:

Probably going to reinstall this evil game in lieu of a job at the moment. SoD gave me my first SA probation for saying "Going to get in on this as Slippers," way, way back in the day. So this time, I'm going to go ahead and not say that. But I will be in on this again. I'll make a cleric just for whoever wants to team up with me. In the game as Erinesu. I also have a level 65 chanter and druid but I'm rusty so I figure I'll just learn the ropes again.

You would be useful at raids as a chanter and druid. If you re-learned how to play them.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Dizz posted:

Is there any acceptance for a rogue in the guild? Last time I played I think I had a 40+ rogue. don't play much these days because it gets boring when you level alone :(

We'll basically let anyone in the guild, but there's not much you'll be able to do with us until you're 65. We have a few goons that are under that level whom you could probably group with, though. I really recommended to box a priest class or something to compliment your main class when leveling so you don't have to be lfg all of the time.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Dizz posted:

Although I can do it, I don't think I want to level a priest to 40+ in hopes of levelling my rogue. I've tried it before and got mixed up with me pulling with the priest instead of the other and it got frustrating fast. Honestly I have no problems if I have to lfg but there's those times when things get dull and I just can't dish out the effort.

[Also I want to do a select few adept mobs before I blitz in levels]

Why not make a mage or necro then? Their pets [usually] draw aggro and there's a goon in game that boxes a new rogue and his old necro and pumps out some serious dps to boot!

Plus they're easy to level.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Stanos posted:

I'm not sure if I want to level a bard or a mage, both are fun to solo with in their own ways (two-boxing annoys me). Mage seems like its more universally useful and better for dungeon soloing but Bards are awesome for groups.

Choices... :ohdear:

You're dead set on soloing? You know it's legal to two box? Bard AND Mage would be a good team!

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Pizer posted:

forgive my ignorance but can pets hold aggro over players in this version of eq? being able to duo a bard/mage makes me want to play some renovated eq1

Probably not at 65. But you could kite poo poo around with the bard and have the mage pet whack it while you nuke it with spells. Bards get some pretty high-powered DoTs and songs [spells, really] that increase spell damage.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Stanos posted:

I mean I'm not staunchly AGAINST it but I'd rather just play one character instead of having to tab back and forth and do things. If I had two computers it'd be a different story but having to tab through windows is kind of annoying to me. :|

Then it's up to you. Bards can take a hit and melee, but do sustained dots but no burst/aoe damage. Mages can't take a hit, but have big nasty pets for them, and do awesome-high burst/aoe damage.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

crotchduster posted:

Server rules and keeps gettin better.

For a second I thought you said: "Server rules keep getting better" to which I'd not entirely agree with, haha.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Tash posted:

We are upgrading the client to get rid of PL, Nvidea clipping bug and Radeon target ring bug.

Stuff also looks much prettier.

Will it show on the p99 server list and such?

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Christian Ethic posted:

I know it sounds like some homo eve nerd sperg but us eve dudes take this poo poo pretty seriously.

Oh shitttttttt

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Oh wait he's serious?

Is he serious? He's not serious is he?

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Christian Ethic posted:

Thankyou for your understanding and willingness to listen to our concerns.

Goonswarm, Goonwaffe and it's affiliated partners want to wish you good luck and a speedy development of your elf and wizard roleplaying game.

It's a loving video game.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

TJChap2840 posted:

Going to start playing this. I played EQ a good bit when I was younger but never got really far in the game because I didn't know what I was doing. Now I need to get my hands on an acceptable copy of the game that is compatible with the client!

You may or may not be able to obtain EverQuest Titanium from "friends" who would "share" it with you. I asked my friend "Isohunt" or "Piratebay" for mine a long time ago.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

cerebral posted:

I seem to spend about half my time trying to log both in at the same time because I disconnect about every other time I log one or the other in.

Are you logging in the same account by accident? That's the only time you will get a disconnect on the currently logged in character.

cerebral posted:

I spend another 1/4 of the time wandering around lost and/or working off experience debt because I'm an impatient moron that goes afk at zone entrances.

Does your bard have invisibility song yet? AFK with that on as soon as you get it!

cerebral posted:

The last 1/4 of my time I spend enjoying myself running around killing things and doing quests.

Still having lots of fun even though I'm terrible.

Do this more quarters of the time! :)

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Latis posted:

How active is Goon Squad? Are there any Euros on there?

We're all freaks and play at retarded hours. There's pretty much always one or two people on.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Dane posted:

Ahhh, just like I remembered it. Went LD after 10 minutes. The memories...

There's consistent lag that occurs at 3 AM PST every day. It's when the server backs up. Otherwise zone crashes aren't common.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Now's a good time to try out the game for those who are interested in playing. We've gotten a huge influx of new players. With a little motivation and work, you could catch up to some of them or, at least, if you made it to 65 you'd be able to group with people of your own caliber.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

tmills posted:

In response to your questions:
Consider getting player made potions to make things a bit easier!

Are you Torleran? I am willing to bet money you are. Already trying to sell off your potions to someone who isn't even playing the game yet. That's talent.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Bandwidth Wagon posted:

My experience with enchanters is a little dated but here's how things used to be and are likely still. Enchanters get a very powerful short duration melee buff that makes them very helpful on raids. Other than that, I think they cast tash and that's probably about it. For groups, most of the places I went at 65 didn't require CC and I spent a fair amount of time AE tanking with my paladin. Generally the need for CC diminishes with gear, though there are some places that are hard enough to require it (cmal comes to mind). So you wont really be needed in places that people tend to grind for AAs/Tomes but there are some high-end six-man dungeons where you can get raid-comparable gear where CC will be useful.

This. But if you want to go enchanter definitely do it, because we'll reluctantly bring you along and make you box someone. And generally the box will outweigh the limited enchanter dps.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

tmills posted:

Dragon Necropolis.

Ugh. I've spent more time in there than I care to think about. One day I'll get that loving breastplate.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Indecisive posted:

Went on my first miniraid today, we killed 3 adepts (mid-30's), and picked up a http://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Lance_of_Decay for my SK. Pretty nice, I like the Adept implementation, especially the way the items improve over time so they don't get obseleted so fast. Look like it's gonna take quite a while to level this lance though, takes ~300k exp per level and 8 levels :( Ah well, something to look forward to at least.

a 50/45 isn't awful though for a shadowknight since they don't get soulfire.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Tash posted:

We just decided to combine Rogues and Monks into a single class, the Hurter. Other big game changes are incoming today.

Any chance at combining Shadowknights and Paladins? Or Paladins and Clerics. Having High Priest's Bulwark/Rageo and being a Knight would rule.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Tash posted:

PL bug is fixed!

I saw that. How the hell did it get fixed? What was the issue?

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

KingFisher posted:

But the mob is always down because he drops
http://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/A_Small_Brittle_Stone
Which is a must have tank item, which I badly need :(

Holy cow, I never knew about this when I raided a ton. I might have to camp that guy when I get back into SoD.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Tash posted:

Ravenward is pretty damned nice in all honesty. Its only downfall is stacking.

It isn't listed in the wiki, what type of buff is it?

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Noah posted:

Banner brought me here as well. I dorked around on p99, and then for 3 months on the throwback Time Locked Progression server on Live until poo poo went down for 2 weeks and I didn't really care that much.

But this seems a lot more fun. Is there still opportunity for starting 100% fresh?

I think starting 100% fresh has gotten considerably easier with the implementation of cmal gear which (at least when I played)goons are tenacious about going for xp/drops. Also Ikisith brought fourth a crapload of insane twink stuffs which drove down the price of older twink gears substantially.

Long-story short: yes

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

robayon posted:

Moral of the story? Don't play EQ under the influence of alcohol.

Definitely don't do this. You'll end up making a character named Penorboner and get put in jail.

Not that I have experience with this or anything ... a friend did it...

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Wiz posted:

If any current staffer is interested, feel free to shoot me a mail and I'll tell you what needs doing.

You should say this to slaariel or woldaff in IRC when I am in there, sometime. I would like to see their response.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Stealthgerbil posted:

Treasure maps are pretty fun. You just go to a spot and dig and then monsters appear and you fight a few waves of them and then treasure spawns. Its actually pretty quick and it gives good xp and decent loot.

Do the Vah quest a few times and you might have a second outlook. But prior to that, I agree, once upon a time I liked tmaps too.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Equilibrium posted:

Words

If there was any thing I could ever say about SoD, or how I feel about what the game has become, is this. You hit the nail dead on.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

More tanks should come back to play. I need xp. Exion, Qward, I'm talking to you!

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Suprfli6 posted:

What nights does Goon Squad raid? Thinking about busting Susvain out of retirement if you could use a monk, or maybe putting some time into a new character.

You could come back and tear poo poo up with Susvain because there are no on-tier monks in goonsquad right now. But you'd also be royally cock-blocking Gegen and I if you did come back and play Susvain :p. If you want to come back and play, definitely do it - we're having a lot of success raiding!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Suprfli6 posted:

What's the deal with SoD 3.0? It seems like there was a summary post that Zaela made and other people quoted snippets of, but has since been deleted or something.

It's a slow transition to the modern client. It allows for newer things, namely classes, AAs and UI features. It has been a very tedious and slow process and since so much of the dev team has overhauled it is probably postponed indefinitely until they get their feat back on the floor with a new batch of devs to lead the project.

• Locked thread