Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

The quality of any given Dana Gould Hour episode can be determined by whether or not Eddie Pepitone is a guest.

Seriously, boh Eddie and Mike Murphy on as guests are a sure sign it is an episode that I never need to listen to. Insufferable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Jet Jaguar posted:

Seriously, boh Eddie and Mike Murphy on as guests are a sure sign it is an episode that I never need to listen to. Insufferable.

I meant it more in the sense that episodes with Eddie are the only ones worth listening to, but I'll agree that Murphy is an awful dumbshit.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I like Eddie but not in this specific context.

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
So I'm wondering if any of you guys with a great memory can help me. I'm trying to find a particular episode of Smartest Man in the World. Think it was from 3 years ago and it was about 2 hours long and featured mostly old timey baseball stories but the one that stuck out was Greg seeing Vida Blue's last game and getting ejected after one pitch and saying something like "kiss my black rear end".

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

In a similar vein, I'm trying to track down a podcast I listened to around (maybe) 2010 or '11. The only things I can remember are it was two American guys (one from somewhere cold enough to be snowed in over winter) and their theme tune was The Traveling Wilburys' "Handle With Care" with new lyrics. I downloaded iTunes and reset my old account only to find it didn't remember what I had subscribed to any longer.

perceptron
Aug 8, 2007

The mental gymnastics Proops manages to do with his anti Bernie poo poo is ridiculous.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

perceptron posted:

The mental gymnastics Proops manages to do with his anti Bernie poo poo is ridiculous.

He's not still doing that, is he? I stopped listening during the election, and I was thinking about (finally) coming back to it. :sigh:

Mst3kmann
Aug 8, 2005

FOREST WHITAKER EYE
Wasn't he doing one in loving Burlington, Vermont? Bet that went over really well.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

prefect posted:

He's not still doing that, is he? I stopped listening during the election, and I was thinking about (finally) coming back to it. :sigh:

Yeah, has Greg chilled the gently caress out? Dude started getting up his own rear end with his endless eulogies and thanking profusely every person who gave Greg a thing that night, and then would just rant about how bullshit it was that everyone wasn't sucking Hillary off as much as he was. I just want him to be like the first couple years, when he'd just poo poo on Bush for a while and be a snarky gently caress.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
I don't know what I was expecting from Bert Kreischer on "Comedy Film Nerds," but I wanted to hear Graham's thoughts on the Chomsky documentary. Kreischer said something along the lines of, "Ya know, the Muslim ban isn't actually THAT big of a deal!" Welp, won't be finishing that episode.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Comedy Film Nerds, now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time. Long time. It was one of the first podcasts I ever listened to. Is Graham Ellwood still annoying? Is the other one still boring? Are most of the reviews still: "You know, it wasn't bad. I just felt it kind of missed the mark."?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Comedy Film Nerds, now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time. Long time. It was one of the first podcasts I ever listened to. Is Graham Ellwood still annoying? Is the other one still boring? Are most of the reviews still: "You know, it wasn't bad. I just felt it kind of missed the mark."?

It's actually pretty good IMO. Sorry to hear you didn't like it in the past.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Majorian posted:

I don't know what I was expecting from Bert Kreischer on "Comedy Film Nerds," but I wanted to hear Graham's thoughts on the Chomsky documentary. Kreischer said something along the lines of, "Ya know, the Muslim ban isn't actually THAT big of a deal!" Welp, won't be finishing that episode.

Lovable Idiot Not So Lovable After Dismissing Wildly Evil Executive Order

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Anyone in here listening to Artie Quitter? Can't bring myself to pay for the subscription but I loved the Artie years on Howard Stern and I'm convinced the guy can put out good bits even without the circus of the Stern show.

Then again, considering he spends half his time on Twitter making GBS threads on Stern, I'm conflicted as to whether or not the podcast is just an hour or two of that every week.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I'm not a regular listener but I loved his interview with Joe Buck showing that they've become good friends after the infamous segment on his short-lived HBO show.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Anybody know why Ari Shaffir's podcast has been dead for 2017? Also his twitter hasn't updated since. Maybe he mentioned the reason for his radio silence on Rogen or Joey Diaz's shows lately?

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Anybody know why Ari Shaffir's podcast has been dead for 2017? Also his twitter hasn't updated since. Maybe he mentioned the reason for his radio silence on Rogen or Joey Diaz's shows lately?

He died, did no one tell you?

It was a real tragedy.

Jerked himself to death.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Think I read he ran off to Asia and is Living off the grid so nobody knows. Suppose to be back in April.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Go Bayside! is back with its finale/first episode in forever. With PFT, it's great. RIP.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

GraPar posted:

Go Bayside! is back with its finale/first episode in forever. With PFT, it's great. RIP.

oh poo poo cool. Is it back back or just doing that?

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

sexpig by night posted:

oh poo poo cool. Is it back back or just doing that?

This is the final ep. April's said she doesn't count Good Morning, Miss Bliss or the College Years as part of Saved by the Bell, so :rip:

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

SilentChaz posted:

This is the final ep. April's said she doesn't count Good Morning, Miss Bliss or the College Years as part of Saved by the Bell, so :rip:

I wish she'd at least do the college years.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea there is some rich ground in college years. Good Morning Miss Bliss is completely forgettable though yea.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Don't forget The New Class!

kidsam
Aug 12, 2007

YES
The Fatal Farm guys (Lasagna cat) were on DJ Douggpounds podcast 'The Poundcast' last week and I know most of this forum appreciates the incredible work they do so check it out. It's a real good ep and they confirm that the hour long pipe strip rant was one take and also the first take they did which makes it even more amazing.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
The Poundcast is underrated, but I always find it tough to recommend to people. It's so laid back that guests (who are also the hosts) tend to give up much more information than they normally would on a structured podcast. It's also very conversational, so it's tough to clip out good segments of the show to hook new people.

Doug is the editor/unofficial third member of Tim & Eric. He is responsible for the Awesome Show, Eric Andre Show, and Portlandia editing style that is copied all over the place now in alt-comedy.

Brent Weinbach is a stand-up comedian in the experimental vein of Andy Kaufman. He doesn't own a phone, hosts a videogame music podcast, and used to be a professional jazz pianist.

I highly suggest people watch their YouTube mini-series Pound House. There is nothing else like it. The less you know, the better.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Tatumje posted:

The Poundcast is underrated, but I always find it tough to recommend to people.

When I read this I was SO hoping this would be a Paula Poundstone podcast.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

sexpig by night posted:

yea there is some rich ground in college years. Good Morning Miss Bliss is completely forgettable though yea.

During the final Go Bayside episode, April mentions that she's seen College Years only one time as it originally aired. She doesn't think there's much interest in characters who are legally adults doing the dumb stuff they did in high school when they were teens.

I think there's plenty to mine in the College Years myself. The heavy handed episodes that tried to tackle "today's issues faced by college students" and the way the producers scrambled to get Tiffani Thiessen to come back for the second half of the series.

But after four(!) years of talking about Saved By the Bell, I don't blame her for wanting to move on to something else.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

SilentChaz posted:

During the final Go Bayside episode, April mentions that she's seen College Years only one time as it originally aired. She doesn't think there's much interest in characters who are legally adults doing the dumb stuff they did in high school when they were teens.

I think there's plenty to mine in the College Years myself. The heavy handed episodes that tried to tackle "today's issues faced by college students" and the way the producers scrambled to get Tiffani Thiessen to come back for the second half of the series.

But after four(!) years of talking about Saved By the Bell, I don't blame her for wanting to move on to something else.

yea pretty understandable to want to maybe do something other than talk about Saved By the Bell forever.

But yea, College Years had so many great 'these are the REAL ISSUES man' combined with the hilarious backstage drama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
She didn't like that they're older in the college years but the movie takes place after the college years. I just want continuity ok.

• Locked thread