Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

bananasinpajamas posted:

Speaking of both of those, PFT did the Nerdist this week, and it should be released soon.

This I an very happy about. I love Paul F. Tompkins doing anything. Freak Wharf was my favorite comedy album in a longgg time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valrik
Apr 16, 2003

Bald!
Marc Maron fans, he did a stand-up spot on BBC's Friday Night Comedy:

iTunes link to the BBC show

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet
If you want other podcasts that aren't a bunch of celebrity stroking radio shows this weeks episode (230) of Uhh Yeah Dude is really good, between the return of one of their only "segments", rap/country song of the week, Jonathan reveals to Seth that he has black ancestry which blows his mind.

No guests, no lovely segments/shticks, no morning zoo crews where they can swear it truly is the perfect podcast.

But it's getting plenty of love.

One that isn't is You Look Nice Today

As much as I love Sick & Wrong and UYD, You Look Nice Today is minute by minute the funniest podcast out there. I can't explain why it's so funny, for a show recorded over Skype with guys who met over Twitter, they have amazing chemistry and comedic timing.

I recommend listening to show one, then every show after since it found it's stride from day one.

Now defunt, The Awful Show had a pretty good run until Tha Mike left and the show slowly descended. The opposite of UYD. Guests, segments and plenty of gimmicks and has a morning zoo crew, but dammit it worked.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I can't seem to find it on my own, so I ask you Doug Loves Movies fans: where can I find the episode where Len Maltin comes on the show?

KING OF BLOGOSPHERE
Aug 26, 2008

Phone posted:

I can't seem to find it on my own, so I ask you Doug Loves Movies fans: where can I find the episode where Len Maltin comes on the show?
It's in the archive of shows that aren't linked on the main site, but someone linked on page 1

http://ilovemovies.blip.tv/rss

http://blip.tv/file/get/Ilovemovies-SammLevineAndGrahamElwoodGuest128.mp3

Scared of Bees
May 14, 2004
Save your fork there is pie!!
If you haven't listened yet, the most recent Nerdist podcast had David Koechner doing his gay character Roy stand up. Stay for the Fred Willard also, always funny.

http://www.nerdist.com/2010/08/nerdist-podcast-31-fred-willard/

A PRIZED MULE!
Aug 11, 2005

where's the bourbon?
Fun Fact: I can't remember which episode it was, but I asked Doug Benson to do an answering machine message for me on I Love Movies and he actually followed through and did it (while clowning me in the process).

Note: I would not recommend that anyone does this.

edit: Check out the Jimmy Dore and Todd Glass episode for the "FISHERMAN'S WHARF!" bit, which kills every time.

A PRIZED MULE! fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Aug 12, 2010

nah
Mar 16, 2009

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

edit: Check out the Jimmy Dore and Todd Glass episode for the "FISHERMAN'S WHARF!" bit, which kills every time.

Greatest moment in podcast history.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Today's interview with Bob Odenkirk on Comedy Death Ray is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Amazing.

A PRIZED MULE!
Aug 11, 2005

where's the bourbon?
When I get paid in six minutes I'm ordering my "Delta Force 5" T-Shirt like so fast!

edit: AHHHHHH! They quit selling it!!!

A PRIZED MULE! fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Aug 13, 2010

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Okay, I may have misjudged Comedy Death Ray.

I downloaded a show from July with Paul F. Thompkins, Todd Glass and a character named August Lindt, a german tourist.

That was utterly hysterical.

So, that's 1 for 2. Anyone have any suggestions for specific CDR shows to catch?

redz
Sep 19, 2003

What's a not gay way to ask him to go camping with me?
Just got around to listening to this week's Never Not Funny and the phone call to Matt's dad was one of the most awkward, funniest things they've done this season.

A PRIZED MULE!
Aug 11, 2005

where's the bourbon?

Strange Matter posted:

I downloaded a show from July with Paul F. Thompkins, Todd Glass and a character named August Lindt, a german tourist.

So, that's 1 for 2. Anyone have any suggestions for specific CDR shows to catch?

I think this is one of the funnier episodes because Nick Kroll is hilarious and Jon Hamm is really really loving sharp when it comes to comedy.

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/episode-12-howard-kremer-jon-hamm-nick-kroll

The new Earwolf site makes it super easy to track down CDR episodes and clips!

e: Oh yeah, you get some Dragon Boy Suede too!

A PRIZED MULE! fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Aug 13, 2010

A PRIZED MULE!
Aug 11, 2005

where's the bourbon?
Hey, fans of NNF season one and/or Mike Schmidt: I made this in like 3 minutes on zazzle.com

Hopefully somebody gets the reference...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

j8910
Apr 2, 2002

Strange Matter posted:

Try Episode 46, with Paul F. Tompkins, Ben Stiller, Jeff Garlin and Andy Daly. Andy Daly is the same guy who did the german tourist character.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

I think this is one of the funnier episodes because Nick Kroll is hilarious and Jon Hamm is really really loving sharp when it comes to comedy.

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/episode-12-howard-kremer-jon-hamm-nick-kroll
e: Oh yeah, you get some Dragon Boy Suede too!
And Doug Benson!

Downloadin this

BarryMantlesnorks
Nov 14, 2005
Episode 51 is maybe my favorite because it has Bob Ducca reading his list of ailments, Huell Howser, Bobby Bottleservice, Jesse Ventura, and John C. Reilly, Andrew Lloyd Webber and Ice-T in it. Only downside is Little Gary and Tig Notaro sucks occasionally.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

Hey, fans of NNF season one and/or Mike Schmidt: I made this in like 3 minutes on zazzle.com

:thumbsup:

I think they also briefly sold a shirt based on that story afterwards.

Uatu The Lurker
Sep 14, 2003

I can say no more!
Already I have over stayed my time in this ephemeral sphere!

BarryMantlesnorks posted:

Only downside is Little Gary and Tig Notaro aren't in it enough.

Lemme just go ahead and fix that for ya.

Setheck
Sep 20, 2002

Look at me, I'm a sexy boy!
My favorites are
RedBarRadio -> https://www.redbarradio.com/ and
NobodyLIkesOnions -> https://nloradio.com

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

Setheck posted:

AS YOU PEOPLE ARE INTERNET USERS, perhaps you also enjoy the FULLY WIRELESS TECHNOLOGY KNOWN AS RADIO?

IF SO, then allow me to recommend THE BEST SHOW ON WFMU.

EVERY TUESDAY EVENING, from 8-11, Tom Scharpling is besieged by a rogue’s gallery of strange friends and stranger callers. They try his patience, stoke the embers of his many grudges (DOLENZ!), inspire his equally numerous enthusiasms (ABBA!), and occasionally provoke him to one of his beautifully righteous, hulk-like rage-rants.

IN COLLUSION WITH HIS FREQUENT NEMESIS, Jon Wurster, countless FANCY GUESTS, and all on his own, Scharpling has perfected a new kind of comedy of aggrievement, and THE BEST SHOW is truly one of the most surprising and delightful pieces of culture I have ever ABSORBED THROUGH MY EARS.

Its also a comedian's comedian show as you have people like Paul F Tompkins and Patton Oswalt calling in.

Its main attraction however are the collection of weird characters incarnated by Jon Wurster as he calls in, over the years, those funny, absurd characters create the tapestry of a fictional town of Newbridge.

You can listen to last year's instant classic conversation of Tom and Paul F Tompkins discussing the Gathering of the Juggalos right here: http://www.areasofmyexpertise.com/2010/02/happy-best-day/

And discover a whole bunch of Jon Wurster's incredibly funny characters here:
http://wfmu.org/playlists/BD

Its a type of humor that slowburns and couldnt exist anywhere else other than this format but when you get into it, its amazing.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I almost forgot, but Don't Stop or We'll Die are awesome, and I am glad CDRR exposed the world to them.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

The_Rob posted:

I almost forgot, but Don't Stop or We'll Die are awesome, and I am glad CDRR exposed the world to them.

I also find myself legitimately loving the music Paul Rust does, but other than Don't Stop or We'll Die, I can't find anything else. It's disappointing.

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

You're going to make me buy the first two seasons I don't have of NNF JUST to get this, aren't you.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Conrad_Birdie posted:

I also find myself legitimately loving the music Paul Rust does, but other than Don't Stop or We'll Die, I can't find anything else. It's disappointing.

http://paulrust.com/music/?x=109&y=34

This has his music on there to stream, and I think you can download.

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

https://www.presidentbaby.com
You have to listen to The Best Show on WFMU. You just have to. It's the best comedy podcast out there.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Yannick_B posted:

You can listen to last year's instant classic conversation of Tom and Paul F Tompkins discussing the Gathering of the Juggalos right here: http://www.areasofmyexpertise.com/2010/02/happy-best-day/

Just finished with this; basically the best thing ever.

A PRIZED MULE!
Aug 11, 2005

where's the bourbon?

bananasinpajamas posted:

I think they also briefly sold a shirt based on that story afterwards.

I heard that, and Belknap made a comment about it, but I can't find it anywhere.

Uatu The Lurker
Sep 14, 2003

I can say no more!
Already I have over stayed my time in this ephemeral sphere!

bananasinpajamas posted:

Just finished with this; basically the best thing ever.

"Beach Boy Drummer John Stamos will be piloting the helicopter!"

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
Vanilla Ice was mentioned as one of the performers, and they totally ignored it. What the hell? I had no idea he was still performing, and they just gloss right over it.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Strange Matter posted:

Espisode 12 is really good.

Also Earwolf/CDR messed up the printing on the Delta Force 5 shirts and are going to put them up for sale once they get it sorted out.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Strange Matter posted:

I think number 31 is a classic. It has Micheal Cera, Harris Wittles, James Adomian,Paul F. Tompkins, Jimmy Pardo, and Nick Kroll. It is loving great.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I've not listend yet, but just glancing at the Talking Points, I think I'm on this weeks episode of My Brother, My Brother and Me. Whoo!

EDIT: Haha, yes I am. I'm the "pecking" guy BTW. God I swear the word choice didn't sound weird when I wrote it. It is surreal to hear those guys reading your words, though.

Conrad_Birdie fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Aug 16, 2010

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

What the hell is a BUGLER

A PRIZED MULE!
Aug 11, 2005

where's the bourbon?

Asterios posted:

You have to listen to The Best Show on WFMU. You just have to. It's the best comedy podcast out there.

I tried it out, but I can't stand Tom for three hours. Maybe it was just a bad episode (the most recent), but he just seems annoying. I get that he's trying to improv somtimes, but he doesn't sound like he's good at it. The callers are pretty bad too.

Different strokes though, I'm not hating on it.

A PRIZED MULE!
Aug 11, 2005

where's the bourbon?

Whitey Ford posted:

What the hell is a BUGLER

http://tinyurl.com/2ccap5o

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

http://tinyurl.com/2ccap5o
Uh yeah it was a reference to the most recent Low Budget FM podcast, but good job being being a smug dick about it and missing it anyway.

A PRIZED MULE!
Aug 11, 2005

where's the bourbon?

Whitey Ford posted:

Uh yeah it was a reference to the most recent Low Budget FM podcast, but good job being being a smug dick about it and missing it anyway.

Oh, sorry for not getting a one-off inside joke from a podcast you listen to with zero explanation. Chill the gently caress out.

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend
Just started listening to the first episode of Pod F. Tompkast and I'm already grinning like a moron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I posted it earlier on in the thread, but I figure, in case anyone just wants to give it a quick try, I humbly suggest Ask Mr Biggs. I wouldn't repost if it wasn't a fantastic-yet-infrequent-podcast/show.

Two hosts, Roger and Mr Biggs, answer any and all questions regarding pretty much whatever comes up, though it's supposed to be sort of a DIY call in show.

The twist of it is that there are no callers. All calls heard on the show are real people whose call has been edited (and the original host removed) to make it sound like it's part of this show.

I figure I'd post the same 6-minute bit that hooked me, and hopefully you guys will enjoy it. In it, Biggs confuses the hell out of Roger and the poor lady on the line about what will happen with the digital TV switchover (the episode is from 2008).

I didn't make the show, I just loving love it.

• Locked thread