Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

"Yeah, I mean c'mon! I'm sick of this 'swiper no swiping!' what the hell? I used to play football! My dad never came to my games, but I'm not bitter! Hey legitimate movie star, I made a movie once! Maybe you've seen it. Let me tell you about the ins and outs of the movie biz... Hey! My personal friend that I hired as a producer: quit loving the show up/close the door I can hear you/ p.s. you're a Jew! Let me tell you about how I hate Mexicans, and in particular the Mexicans I hire to do my menial labor. Hey famous guest, did that make you feel awkward? Did I mention this whole show is taking place in a garage full of my sweet cars that I own? Let me tell you all about cars whether you like it or not. Here's where I bitch about how I hate Los Angeles. How many times can I say 'swing a hammer' so people know I was once a working man? You guys know Dr. Drew right? Let me talk poo poo about him. Has is been 15 minutes since I told everyone I was on TV? Oh yeah, my kid's a human being. Since I once worked construction I feel I have open license to be a racist douchebag. I was on Dancing with the Stars and they just didn't understand my genius! Oh, famous guest, that's an interesting story/topic/idea, let me put the brakes on the whole show to tell you I know how to hang drywall or frame a door or fix a carburetor like I'm the Patron Saint of Screwdrivers."

This should go in the OP for the Carolla podcast information blurb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer

Combo posted:

Yeah, Seth just kind of hinting at the fact that he eats at some restaurant once a week and has never said a word there, but never (to my knowledge) expanding on it, is hilarious.

UYD has evolved into my favorite podcast by far.

You Look Nice Today is pretty good, but either my itunes isn't updating it anymore or they've only done like 2 episodes this entire year.

I enjoy Sick and Wrong too.

edit: One of my favorite segments of UYD on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/dirtysoufballer69#p/u/19/Vbh-7bM2yJk

I’m pretty certain that Seth is playing some sort of a character, either a really exaggerated version of himself or something made up entirely.  You can sort of tell when he shuts it on and off, like when he and Jah got into a fight in episode 67(?), the one where Seth was arguing that adoption is BS because the kid is never really yours.  Seth was rattled at how angry Jonathan became, and he backed off entirely.

His mystery is what makes him great though.  Jonathan has his band and his father’s money, but has anyone besides me thought about what Seth does for work?  He probably makes some decent scratch from UYD merch and the occasional sponsorship, but there’s no way it’s paying the bills.

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet
I hate that this topic is like some celebrity radio show blowfest, it's the reason actual good podcasts can't get listeners because everyone is always "Holy poo poo a celebrity is doing a podcast! Let's all listen!" Adam Carolla is the worst.

Sock The Great posted:

I’m pretty certain that Seth is playing some sort of a character, either a really exaggerated version of himself or something made up entirely.  You can sort of tell when he shuts it on and off, like when he and Jah got into a fight in episode 67(?), the one where Seth was arguing that adoption is BS because the kid is never really yours.  Seth was rattled at how angry Jonathan became, and he backed off entirely.

His mystery is what makes him great though.  Jonathan has his band and his father’s money, but has anyone besides me thought about what Seth does for work?  He probably makes some decent scratch from UYD merch and the occasional sponsorship, but there’s no way it’s paying the bills.

I'm pretty sure Seth works at a video store, he's dropped some hints a few times and it's where he met Jonathan.

I also recommend Stuff You Should Know, it's not a comedy podcast by nature, but I find the two hosts really funny.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

CharlesWillisMaddox posted:

I hate that this topic is like some celebrity radio show blowfest, it's the reason actual good podcasts can't get listeners because everyone is always "Holy poo poo a celebrity is doing a podcast! Let's all listen!" Adam Carolla is the worst.
Well, I don't like Carolla either, but there's a reason professional entertainers became such, and a reason two-dipshits-in-a-bedroom-making-dick-jokes-into-$30-usb-mics podcasts are utter poo poo 99% of the time. Hate on a specific show all you want, but it's pretty ridiculous to paint anyone of non-podcast-related notability with the same brush. (Gervais? Maron? Does Aukerman count?)

I'm pretty sure Seth works at a video store, he's dropped some hints a few times and it's where he met Jonathan.
Eh, that was like a decade ago; I doubt it's still the case. I know there were several discussions on the subject at the uyd forums, but I haven't been there in far too long to know if it was ever resolved.

Strange Matter posted:

Bald Bryan's sfx board was great though.
You can't judge.
No, it isn't, and of course I can. If I wanted lame, repetitive content, some dude rambling to fill time, wacky noises, and a useless, sycophantic broad reading pieces of paper to the host to trigger more rambling, I could get all the 'content' I want from Stern's 17 hrs/day of show.

WoG fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Aug 24, 2010

nah
Mar 16, 2009

BinaryW00kie posted:

Done.

I like that every single one of your posts in this thread are just bashing professionals for doing podcasts. Carolla blows, yes, but basically every single other podcast hosted by a "celebrity" is great. No one gives a gently caress if they're famous or not, they care that they're funny, and the vast majority of the great podcasts are not hosted by a couple of unknown guys.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

"Yeah, I mean c'mon! I'm sick of this 'swiper no swiping!' what the hell? I used to play football! My dad never came to my games, but I'm not bitter! Hey legitimate movie star, I made a movie once! Maybe you've seen it. Let me tell you about the ins and outs of the movie biz... Hey! My personal friend that I hired as a producer: quit loving the show up/close the door I can hear you/ p.s. you're a Jew! Let me tell you about how I hate Mexicans, and in particular the Mexicans I hire to do my menial labor. Hey famous guest, did that make you feel awkward? Did I mention this whole show is taking place in a garage full of my sweet cars that I own? Let me tell you all about cars whether you like it or not. Here's where I bitch about how I hate Los Angeles. How many times can I say 'swing a hammer' so people know I was once a working man? You guys know Dr. Drew right? Let me talk poo poo about him. Has is been 15 minutes since I told everyone I was on TV? Oh yeah, my kid's a human being. Since I once worked construction I feel I have open license to be a racist douchebag. I was on Dancing with the Stars and they just didn't understand my genius! Oh, famous guest, that's an interesting story/topic/idea, let me put the brakes on the whole show to tell you I know how to hang drywall or frame a door or fix a carburetor like I'm the Patron Saint of Screwdrivers."

Did I miss anything? Oh Yeah...

"Adam & Eve and audible.com because they don't sponsor every other podcast ever"

Also: boxing. But that's already a beautiful summary.

Dzokhar Duggar
Oct 18, 2008

Stupid Idiot Bitch

bananasinpajamas posted:

No one gives a gently caress if they're famous or not, they care that they're funny, and the vast majority of the great podcasts are not hosted by a couple of unknown guys.

But the very best podcast IS hosted by a couple of unknown guys. Makes you think...

soru
Apr 27, 2003

The Red God has his due, sweet girl, and only death may pay for life.
I used to really like Carolla's podcast and lately I find myself just skipping it every day unless he has some really amazing guest -- which is very rare. I didn't make a conscious effort to stop, he's just boring. It's the same thing every day.

Godspell
Jan 8, 2005
Welding is fun!

soru posted:

I used to really like Carolla's podcast and lately I find myself just skipping it every day unless he has some really amazing guest -- which is very rare. I didn't make a conscious effort to stop, he's just boring. It's the same thing every day.

I'm having the same problem but what are you replacing it with?

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

Godspell posted:

There is more than enough content in the OP to fill any gap that Carolla might have filled. Personally I listen to The Nerdist, Fitzdog Radio, Doug Loves Movies, CDR, Uhh Yeah Dude, and WTF (depends on the guest).

I unsubscribed from Carolla after a couple of weeks of the new format. Now I just check who the guest is, and if it is someone I'm interested in I just just fast forward to the interview. Which isn't often these days.

soru
Apr 27, 2003

The Red God has his due, sweet girl, and only death may pay for life.

Godspell posted:

Like the guy above me, Nerdist, Doug Loves Movies, and Comedy Death Ray.

oneof27
May 27, 2007
DSMtalker
I'd like to add The Grapes of Rad to this list.
http://grapesofrad.com/
In my opinion, funnier than Uh Yeah Dude and equal of The Nerdist or WTF.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

soru posted:

Like the guy above me, Nerdist, Doug Loves Movies, and Comedy Death Ray.

These are all great choices. WTF is good too if you like honest conversations about life and comedy. The Sklar Brothers new podcast Sklarbro country is really good as well. Even if you aren't into sports (I'm not).

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

You say you want a revolution

soru posted:

Same here. He's really entertaining until you listen long enough that he starts to repeat himself, and if his format is mostly him rambling without hardly letting his guests get a word in edgewise, that's inevitable.

Borrego
May 17, 2010

I need pictures!
Pictures of Greaser-Man!
Fitzdog Radio is pretty good. Greg Fitzsimmons usually has great guests and is generally a pretty decent podcast. The show is generally around an hour long. One of my favorite episodes is a little shorter than usual but has Bob Saget as the guest. If you're into Saget's comedy definitely check it out because he an Greg play really well off of each other.

WTF with Marc Maron is just really interesting to listen to. Before starting his podcast I didn't even know who he was. Now after listening for 2 months I feel oddly attached to his show. It's not always funny, it's not always interesting, but for some reason Marc's outlook on life is really interesting to hear. He's a very interesting person who struggles with real problems and more often than not it hits home with me. Hearing him quit smoking and listening to his attitude change through the course of the week was really inspiring. Some of his noteworthy episodes are:Episodes 75 & 76 which of course are the Carlos Mencia interviews.

I remember someone earlier mentioning dislike towards Natasha Leggero, I've heard of her a few times and really didn't think too much of her, but drat! On the latest episode of Maron's podcast (ep.101) she came of like a oval office. She kept going on about Marc's ex girls and arguments she's witnessed between them. I don't know if that's her stage persona or if she's that bitchy all the time maybe some of you goons can give me some insight because I don't know too much about her.

And like an abused wife I keep returning to smodcast. Although to my surprise the latest episode(130) was better than the last few weeks of the live shows Kevin Smith is still using dick sucking jokes as a go to comedic crutch. I'm curious to see how many of you listen to the red headed thoroughly beaten stepchild of the "smodfamily" The Toronto Ontario Mo & Glo Show. I don't know why I listen, Malcolm Ingram, the shows host isn't very likable on his own (although I liked his past appearances on smod) and his cohost is his mother. Each episode is like watching a car wreck. I don't enjoy it but I don't stop listening and I don't know why... Any other goons who listen to this one have thoughts on it?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Borrego posted:

Fitzdog Radio is pretty good. Greg Fitzsimmons usually has great guests and is generally a pretty decent podcast. The show is generally around an hour long. One of my favorite episodes is a little shorter than usual but has Bob Saget as the guest. If you're into Saget's comedy definitely check it out because he an Greg play really well off of each other.

WTF with Marc Maron is just really interesting to listen to. Before starting his podcast I didn't even know who he was. Now after listening for 2 months I feel oddly attached to his show. It's not always funny, it's not always interesting, but for some reason Marc's outlook on life is really interesting to hear. He's a very interesting person who struggles with real problems and more often than not it hits home with me. Hearing him quit smoking and listening to his attitude change through the course of the week was really inspiring. Some of his noteworthy episodes are:Episodes 75 & 76 which of course are the Carlos Mencia interviews.

I remember someone earlier mentioning dislike towards Natasha Leggero, I've heard of her a few times and really didn't think too much of her, but drat! On the latest episode of Maron's podcast (ep.101) she came of like a oval office. She kept going on about Marc's ex girls and arguments she's witnessed between them. I don't know if that's her stage persona or if she's that bitchy all the time maybe some of you goons can give me some insight because I don't know too much about her.

And like an abused wife I keep returning to smodcast. Although to my surprise the latest episode(130) was better than the last few weeks of the live shows Kevin Smith is still using dick sucking jokes as a go to comedic crutch. I'm curious to see how many of you listen to the red headed thoroughly beaten stepchild of the "smodfamily" The Toronto Ontario Mo & Glo Show. I don't know why I listen, Malcolm Ingram, the shows host isn't very likable on his own (although I liked his past appearances on smod) and his cohost is his mother. Each episode is like watching a car wreck. I don't enjoy it but I don't stop listening and I don't know why... Any other goons who listen to this one have thoughts on it?

I haven't listened to the most recent WTF, so I don't know how she comes off. I usually like her when she is on CDR though, and she seems to come off pretty nice there.

Also another good WTF episode is his interview with Dane Cook. It really helped my opinion of him honestly. I may not be a fan of his comedy at all, but he came off as a pretty genuine guy, and was at least honest with Marc unlike Carlos Mencia. I can tell that is the one thing Marc Meron hates is when people come on and bullshit him.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Amazing recommendations throughout the thread.

Echoing the love for The Nerdist, Sklarbro Country, WTF with Marc Maron, and Doug Loves Movies. I listen to these as quickly as they come in, and find myself rapidly burning through the back catalogues.

Trying to get into Bill Burr, Comedy Death Ray (the characters are ..jarring), Joe Rogan (some good stuff, but SO MUCH UFC), Pod F. Tompkast (this will be fine when it gets to a regular schedule), Never Not Funny, and Lou Reads The Internet! (the rap forum episode was great)

Needs more love from here: Comedy And Everything Else (great guests, likeable hosts), RISK! (very wife-friendly, and good for shortish drives).

The "very special episodes"/comedian gossip episodes you guys have picked out have been great. WTF re: Carlos Mencia was dynamite (Dane Cook too), as was the related Joe Rogan episode. In a similar vein, the Kyle Cease comedy school episodes of Comedy And Everything Else (did you guys read that Stanhope blog post?) are highly recommended by me. Any other picks for that kind of good stuff?

Borrego
May 17, 2010

I need pictures!
Pictures of Greaser-Man!
The episode with Dane Cook really changed my opinion of him as well. I'm not a fan of his in the slightest but I definitely think more of him since his appearance on Maron's podcast. Oddly enough though he appeared on Joe Rogan's podcast and he bugged me for some reason. I guess that's the magic of WTF.

SKULE123 posted:

Needs more love from here: Comedy And Everything Else (great guests, likeable hosts)
I started listening to this one but the host Jimmy Dore would go on long angry political tirades. I started out really liking his show and then during episodes he'd just dedicate portions of the show to just going on about how stupid republicans are and how great liberals are. His rants started out as jokingly mean which I didn't mind but then became what seemed to me like pure nonsensical hate. I'm not really a political man and I can enjoy jokes bashing on either party but he just came off with a Liberal superiority complex. Don't get me wrong I agree with some stuff he says and points he makes but he just comes off as a hateful rear end in a top hat. Maybe I just listened to a bad string of episodes but are his shows always like that? I'd love to bring it back to my subscription queue.

Borrego fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Aug 25, 2010

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Borrego posted:

The episode with Dane Cook really changed my opinion of him as well. I'm not a fan of his in the slightest but I definitely think more of him since his appearance on Maron's podcast. Oddly enough though he appeared on Joe Rogan's podcast and he bugged me for some reason. I guess that's the magic of WTF.

Well Rogan is pretty confrontational, and seems to not be able to really compromise his belief system. Maron seems to really want to figure out the person and see where they are coming from. I didn't hear the interview with Rogan though so I don't know how he was acting.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Borrego posted:

WTF with Marc Maron I remember someone earlier mentioning dislike towards Natasha Leggero, I've heard of her a few times and really didn't think too much of her, but drat! On the latest episode of Maron's podcast (ep.101) she came of like a oval office.

Really? I thought she was awesome. I think it's mostly persona, but Marc's great for that kind of cringe humor (awkward interaction, not offensive for the sake of offensive). The best part was the way he said "Yeah" when she asked if his girlfriend was around or when the girlfriend started clapping when Leggero called him out for talking about his ex-girlfriends too much.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Speaking of Marc Maron. I loved him when he was on CDR with the Wacky Ding Dongs (The Birthday Boys). I was laughing when he was talking about how he actually had his hands behind his back when he was "tied up".

A PRIZED MULE!
Aug 11, 2005

where's the bourbon?

Tunk posted:

Uhh Yeah Dude is the best thing in the entire world.

Oh man, I love UYD. Glad you're on board.

While I'm quoting you, can you explain the whole "Forums Cancer" thing? I guess I didn't hear about it. Are you trained or something?

A PRIZED MULE! fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Aug 25, 2010

plainclothes goth
Jul 15, 2001

Combo posted:

Yeah, Seth just kind of hinting at the fact that he eats at some restaurant once a week and has never said a word there, but never (to my knowledge) expanding on it, is hilarious.

This was probably my favorite thing he ever talked about on the show.

A PRIZED MULE!
Aug 11, 2005

where's the bourbon?

Borrego posted:

I started listening to this one but the host Jimmy Dore would go on long angry political tirades. I started out really liking his show and then during episodes he'd just dedicate portions of the show to just going on about how stupid republicans are and how great liberals are.

No doubt. I like Jimmy Dore, but... grr, I don't want to get political but yeah he was/is an extreme liberal. And I would consider myself a liberal or leftist but not to the degree he espouses. The show is usually fun though. I liked it better before Todd Glass quit.

BinaryW00kie posted:

Haha! Thanks to you guys who commented on that weird rant. It's a shame because he can pull some amazing guests, but he's too busy swinging his dick around to let them say anything. For example, that guy Kenji who wrote a memoir about how he was wrapped up in the Miami cocaine empires and turned FBI informant had so much to tell, but Adam would stop him every five minutes to talk about himself.

Another newer show that I really dig is See You Next Tuesday. It's pretty short-form (but a bit longer than the South Philly Paulcast, about thirty minutes) and this guy Troy is hilarious. Crass yet highbrow. And his voice is crazy. Talk into Audacidy or something. Now turn the pitch all the way down. Now listen to it underwater. That's how this guy sounds. Fresh.

A PRIZED MULE!
Aug 11, 2005

where's the bourbon?

hoodrow trillson posted:

This was probably my favorite thing he ever talked about on the show.

What about the crazy bitch at said restaurant that he fell in love with?

plainclothes goth
Jul 15, 2001

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

What about the crazy bitch at said restaurant that he fell in love with?

Yeah, the two concepts are so tied together that they're impossible to separate.

Peter North
Apr 23, 2003
Although it has already recieved some love here, I find myself laughing the hardest at Bill Burr's Monday Morning Podcast. It's Bill jumping around from topic to topic and leaving a wake of scorched earth as only he can, while somehow managing to come off less hateful than his content really is. There's something comically charming about all the dead air and also about how he laughs maniacally at his own jokes while by himself. I also like that he's able to fluidly argue for and against whatever he's ranting about at the same time. He always seems to switch sides multiple times, but it's always funny. He has a way of destroying everything in a hilariously hurtful way from all sides without coming off like a douche. The one thing I miss about the days when he used to podcast from his phone is when he'd literally be walking around town or sitting in an airport talking poo poo about the annoying people around him. It doesn't get any better than that.

A representative sample:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CxqU_1-hkM

modeski
Apr 21, 2005

Deceive, inveigle, obfuscate.
I may be a loving retard, but where the gently caress is the Uhh Yeah Dude archive? I want to start listening from episode one, because that's just how I roll, but for the life of me I can't see where the media is on the official website.

Definitely recommending Smodcast. I had no idea Kevin Smith even did a podcast, and listened to 104 episodes over two weeks, and then every week since. Tell 'Em, Steve Dave is also a good listen, but they take a few episodes to get going.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Tunk posted:

But the very best podcast IS hosted by a couple of unknown guys. Makes you think...

I wouldn't say Jimmy Pardo is unknown at all, but I could see that with Matt Belknap :smugdog:

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
Far too much American gobbledegook in this thread and not enough :britain:

Someone has already mentioned Adam & Joe's podcasts and those of Gervais et al. Obvviously these are all required listening.

But my absolute favourite is The Collings and Herrin Podcast starring Richard Herring (off of Lee & Herring) and Andrew Collins (off of the Radio Times)

By far the funniest, rudest and bestest podcast I have listened to over the past few years.

To compliment it, it's also worth getting hold of Herring's "As It Occurs To Me" (AIOTM, AIOTM) Equally brilliant.

webster876
Aug 4, 2007
Alright, because of this thread, I am going to listen to nothing but UYD ALL day at work, and I will see if I can develop a taste for it. I WANT to like it, because everybody else does, maybe I just haven't developed a connection with the hosts. I'll post a trip report later, so :f5: until I get back.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

While I'm quoting you, can you explain the whole "Forums Cancer" thing? I guess I didn't hear about it. Are you trained or something?

When someone posts at some unspecified rate in the poo poo forums (rfa), that gets attached to their account automatically, along with some other stuff like the submit button not working half the time, etc. It's a scheme for rewarding poo poo posters by 'punishing' them, and probably raking in some cash selling 'cures' and poo poo.

modeski posted:

I may be a loving retard, but where the gently caress is the Uhh Yeah Dude archive? I want to start listening from episode one, because that's just how I roll, but for the life of me I can't see where the media is on the official website.
Either throw the RSS feed in some sort of reader, or if you want to listen online/download manually, check out podcastalley (down at the moment).

Cast Iron Brick
Apr 24, 2008

webster876 posted:

Alright, because of this thread, I am going to listen to nothing but UYD ALL day at work, and I will see if I can develop a taste for it. I WANT to like it, because everybody else does, maybe I just haven't developed a connection with the hosts. I'll post a trip report later, so :f5: until I get back.

Praise Jah. Seatbelts.

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!
:yaycloud::smithcloud:

benito posted:

Here's one out of left field... The Vinyl Cafe with Stuart McLean. Just recently available on iTunes as a podcast. I've often described it to people as a Canadian version of A Prairie Home Companion, except McLean isn't as preachy and bitter as Keillor has become. The format is similar, with music, reading letters from listeners, and a portion where McLean tells a story, usually based around a fictional family headed by Morley and Dave, who used to be a roadie for bands in the 70s and 80s and now runs a tiny record shop.

As a Canadian who listens to CBC a fair bit, but not as much as I used to thanks to podcasts, I hate Stuart McLean. Don't get me wrong I haven't though about him for months, but for some reason he stirs more loathing in me than anyone I've ever heard on the radio. I can't stand his overly slow and sentimental vocal style, or his never ending story about his stupid fictional family. I want Morely to be brutally murdered, and Dave to go on a booze and coke bender where he ends up barricaded in his house with his kids until the inevitable murder suicide.

I'm pretty faithful to WTF, though I did find the Mencia and the Dane Cook interviews pretty annoying. Though they do quite clearly bring out how weaselly Mencia is, and that Cook is pretty much what everyone with a brain thinks he is. I do sometimes find myself a little annoyed with his intro's when he goes on too much about his neediness. His other bad tendency is to occasionally interrupt a guest to talk about himself. Other than that he's a great interviewer and gets things out of guests that most don't.

I also listen to The Bugle, and Nerdist regularly. The Bugle is great for an absurd take on the news. The Nerdist can be a little hit or miss he's had some great guests.

Doug loves movies, is my fall back at the moment for when I run out of stuff to listen to. I think I used to like it more, but the amount he interacts with guests before playing the games seems to be steadily decreasing and that was my favourite part.

I used to listen to CDR, but I just got a little tired of the characters.

I'll definitely be checking out a few more from this thread.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Echoing Best Show. I haven't missed an episode in the three or so years i have been listening and I am pretty bad about keeping up with anything. It might not be the most accessible thing at first but it's extremely funny and rewarding once it clicks. Tom's brand of humor is unlike anyone elses and it's what makes the show so great for me.

It's got to the point that the majority of my friends listen to it religiously so its usually the first thing we talk about on Friday nights.

webster876
Aug 4, 2007
Alright, time for the official "Guy who listened to Uhh Yeah Dude once for like 10 minutes and hated it and decided today to give it the genuine ol' college try"

I started at episode 1, made it about halfway through episode 7 (episode 6 was missing off my iPod for some reason, but whatever), and, in retrospect, I did judge Uhh Yeah Dude a bit too harshly. The guys have great chemistry, they are consistantly entertaining and are occasionally quite funny. Their banter is interesting. With that being said, I can imagine the banter getting a little bit stale after a while if it's only these two guys, but I might be wrong. I'm not sure if they have special guests, funny characters, or quiz games they toss in later. And it is not as funny as Comedy Death Ray or Doug Loves Movies, but I can def see UYD making it into my podcast rotation.

DannyTanner
Jan 9, 2010

The first podcast I listened to was The Ricky Gervais Guide To, which was pretty good but I feel that a lot of them turned into just giving poo poo to Karl. The only part I didn't like was when Ricky would start interrupting Karl or Stephen. I'll probably get around to listening to the original podcasts.

I've been listening to You Look Nice Today and Comedy Death Ray. Both great, but I feel Scott Aukerman talks too much when he isn't very funny.

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend
I've been giving CDR a shot based on my buddy The_Rob's recommendation and I'm liking it so far. I don't mind the characters and I haven't listened to it long enough for anything to become stale or overdone so it's good :)

The Ray Romano bit on one of the episodes with PFT and Kyle Kinane cracked me the hell up. "DEBRAAAA!!!" PFT as Andrew Lloyd Weber is amazing too.

E.T. NO HOMO fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Aug 25, 2010

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
PFT gets a lot of respect, but I love the hell out of Nick Kroll's characters. I could listen to Jon Hamm, Bobby Bottleservice, and El Chupacabra all day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend

Phone posted:

PFT gets a lot of respect, but I love the hell out of Nick Kroll's characters. I could listen to Jon Hamm, Bobby Bottleservice, and El Chupacabra all day.

I'm gonna have to make it a point to check out the Nick Kroll episodes. I saw him for the first time on a stand-up special as Fabrice Fabrice and loved him, and I've heard him on Doug Loves Movies and liked him there too so I'm sure I'll dig'em.

• Locked thread