Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
I'd like to thank the thread for getting me into The Complete Guide to Everything. It scratches my Uhh Yeah Dude itch, and it gives me something new to archive binge on.

Also, thanks to an equipment acquisition, Those drat Ross Kids will now be recorded in person, and not over Skype. So, if you like that recorded-in-person feel, you might want to hit us up soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

The new Those drat Ross Kids is up, and I'm happy to say that the recent equipment acquisition really improved things. Check it, kindly.

http://duckfeed.tv/tdrk/42/

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

The newest episode of Those drat Ross Kids is up and ready for you to enjoy.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

Behold! A Elk! posted:

BWOMomwomwomWOMwoooooomMMMM.

(That is how I imagine a didgeridoo sound is spelled)

It was all one breath, too.

Thanks for listening, and for the kind words.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

In Gooncast news, this week's Those drat Ross Kids is well above-average (in my biased opinion). Check it out.

http://duckfeed.tv/tdrk/44

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

It's not comedy, but the 5by5 network does really well with their advertisements. Granted, they're hyper targeted to tech professionals, but I think the unintrusive delivery of the ad helps out too.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

Tim's story about getting hit by a cab while in a burger frenzy is top notch.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I can't count the number of times I've cycled through You Look Nice Today. It's to the point where I can mouth along.

Do mp3s wear out like video tapes?

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I wholeheartedly endorse Actually Happening.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I love the idea of ever getting to go to MaxFunCon, but I'd only entertain the notion if I was assured to meet either Merlin Mann, Adam Lisagor, or Scott Simpson.

I would then explode.

It's weird how, when you listen to podcasts to the exclusion of most other entertainment, your pantheon of people you consider to be "celebrities" changes.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

If you're looking for brother-related podcasts, you should check out Those drat Ross Kids.

Just thought I'd leave that blatant self-plug here.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

Not everyone does the "abrupt cut to jungle" as well as You Look Nice Today.

Quite honestly, it's unfair to expect them to.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

Roderick on the Line always jumps to the top of the queue when a new one comes out. I have 50 unlistened-to podcasts, but RotL comes first, dammit.

And then there was pump chili.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I takes what I can gets.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I'm working on a You Look Nice Today thread for the occasion.

EDIT: Oh, look, here it is. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3475634

Song For The Deaf fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Mar 31, 2012

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I learned 2 things after the past month or so of Judge John Hodgman episodes.

1). Monty needs to be bailiff for life.
2). I would listen to a daily five hour show hosted by John Darnielle.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

big business sloth posted:

Are these his only two podcast appearances?

So far as I know. iTunes only turns up an appearance on Bullseye.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

Aatrek posted:

Going back a few months in the thread, am I the only one who listens to The Complete Guide to Everything?

I listen. It's good, but I can understand why it doesn't get talked about too much here.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

Jesus Christ, Lou. I thought your Cum on Food episode was bleak... I don't know if I can make it through this current one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I don't have a better way to get ahold of you, Lou, but I just came across one of your voiceovers in the wild. I'm working on a video for a client and they passed along a video made by AT&T to describe APIs (for reference) and it wasn't until halfway through that I realized it was you. After that I started wondering when you'd start talking about forcing people to eat cum.

What's worse to read: Crappy explainer video narration, or graphic anal vore fantasies?

• Locked thread