Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer

Saganaut posted:

Uhh Yeah Dude is the only comedy podcast you will ever need.

This is the truth, there is no disputing it.

If you're unsure, jump in at episode 177. I'm 90% sure that's when Seth goes on his rant about the Two Girls One Cup skateboard, one of the funniest moments in the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer

bananasinpajamas posted:

No guests and no stories about working in comedy? Both good reasons for me to skip this show.

Just pick any episode except numbers one or two and I swear you won't be disappointed.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Combo posted:

Yeah, Seth just kind of hinting at the fact that he eats at some restaurant once a week and has never said a word there, but never (to my knowledge) expanding on it, is hilarious.

UYD has evolved into my favorite podcast by far.

You Look Nice Today is pretty good, but either my itunes isn't updating it anymore or they've only done like 2 episodes this entire year.

I enjoy Sick and Wrong too.

edit: One of my favorite segments of UYD on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/dirtysoufballer69#p/u/19/Vbh-7bM2yJk

I’m pretty certain that Seth is playing some sort of a character, either a really exaggerated version of himself or something made up entirely.  You can sort of tell when he shuts it on and off, like when he and Jah got into a fight in episode 67(?), the one where Seth was arguing that adoption is BS because the kid is never really yours.  Seth was rattled at how angry Jonathan became, and he backed off entirely.

His mystery is what makes him great though.  Jonathan has his band and his father’s money, but has anyone besides me thought about what Seth does for work?  He probably makes some decent scratch from UYD merch and the occasional sponsorship, but there’s no way it’s paying the bills.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Just discovered the magic that is 'Doug Loves Movies'. Can believe I slept on this one for so long.

Are only the last 25 eps or so on iTunes?

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Seth's life is endlessly interesting to me. Any information on what he does outside of that one hour per week is pure gold; can't wait to listen to this weeks ep.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Borrego posted:

God I love when Joey Diaz is on the Joe Rogan podcast. Also maybe it's because I'm a "hater". But holy gently caress Jimmy Dore and his wife made me not even finish this weeks DLM.

I feel like the show really thrives on the live audience, the studio shows don't sit as well with me for some reason. And I totally agree with Jimmy Dore and Stefanee coming off like total activist weirdos when Doug brought up "Waiting for Superman", it seemed to catch Doug off guard too because he changed the subject pretty quickly.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer
This week's UYD was a real gem. Maybe the most memorable since the 2 girls 1 cup skateboard back in the 180's.

I can't believe I'm loving a black woman!

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm new to CDR and really enjoyed Pastor Rhe, while skipping pretty much the entirety of the urban thugs episode. Perhaps I'm missing something, but 'What Am I Thinking' doesn't seem like it could be funny, ever.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer

The_Rob posted:

I try and cover my laughing when I am in public and listening to them, but it just makes me look even sillier.

I almost fell out of my chair at my desk when Jesse Ventura said "I have a poem!".

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I had the same feeling back in June when I finished the backlog. I sent Jah a text to commemorate the event.

It's really not the same listening week to week.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I was hesitant to listen to last weeks DLM because the last couple of episodes were kind of lacking. But the 12/3 episode is really one of the best in a long time.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer

ALFbrot posted:

TJ Miller was awesome, Jen Kirkman is always good, but I was really disappointed by Ethan Suplee. Maybe I was just hoping that he isn't really as oblivious as every character he ever plays. Oh well.

Tig Nataro was unBEARable on the episode from 2 weeks ago.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer

j8910 posted:

Two Pod F. Tompkast extrasodes in two days! It's a christmas miracle!

His monologue and phone bits are amazing. But please stop with the horrible quality recordings from the live shows. If you're going to do that at least record off the board and not someone with a an iPhone in the third row.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I tend to pick out certain episodes of CDR based on the guests/characters on that episode. My favorites being Cake Boss, Merryl Schindler, and Jesse Ventura.

Are there any non-Adomian/PFT episodes I should not miss?

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Godspell posted:

Holy poo poo Doug Benson sent me a direct message on twitter!

DougBenson,
You looking to get blocked?

:smith:

Don't make fun of his new show I guess since he seems a little touchy.

Doug Benson is awesome, but The Benson Interruption is unwatchable.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Geekslinger posted:

I gave up on the 2nd episode it is just too much of an edited mess.

Yeah I knew it was going to be a disaster when Doug said they record for over 90 minutes and edit down to 22 minutes.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer
For those of you interested in comedy and games (I imagine there are a few of you in here); check out Nintendownload Xpress.

It's from Giant Bomb's Jeff Gerstmann and pokes fun at the loads and loads of downloadable shovelware available for the Wii and DSi.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer
For UYD fans, Jah's band Jogger has released their first music video:

http://vimeo.com/17826842

It's pretty good, any chance the guy on the beach is Seth?

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer

CharlesWillisMaddox posted:

"...fear not the vulture children.."
Seth: What the gently caress are vulture children!?

For the love of god I need to start listening to UYD again. I started at ep 01 in December of 2009 and finally caught up in July or August of last year. The show didn't have the same feel without that enormous backlog to work through, but I'm ready to fall back in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I really don't care for his standup or his sketch show, but Nick Swordson on Joe Rogan last December was pretty drat funny.

• Locked thread