Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
James Adomian on yesterdays CDR was on fire. Scott "incepting" Huell Howser was so goddamn funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Wyld Cannon posted:

I think Jon Hamm is a mark for comedians, in addition to the Nerdist he's been on Doug Loves Movies and Comedy Death Ray multiple times (which I guess is like the LA circuit?). He definitely holds his own though, he's legitimately a funny guy.

He has also been on Sklarbro Country.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
CDR 76.2 with Zach Galifanakis is up on earwolf now.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Steve Slavery posted:

5, 4, 3, nose, 1

poo poo like that is why I love Scott Aukerman.

and then you hear that countdown we are all so familiar with.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

soru posted:

I'm listening to the WTF episode with Dane Cook, and I have to say it's definitely raised my opinion of him. I still don't love his comedy, but it's good to see he's a normal human being underneath there who seems like fundamentally a good guy.

Yeah after that episode I really changed my opinion on Dane Cook. I don't love his stand up either, but he seemed like a nice guy who maybe let his ego get ahead of him a few times in his life. He didn't seem like a bad guy at all.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

big business sloth posted:

Anyone wanna let me in on which CDRR eps are just classic and really good? All the ones I've heard so far have been pretty good, but some have been better than others and it's tough to gauge by names alone.

I recommend episode 31. It was a episode they did on black friday, and it is just all star and hilarious. It has Micheal Cera, Harris Whittles, James Adomian,Paul F Tompkins, Jimmy Pardo, and Nick Kroll. One of the best Would you Rathers as well.

Oh and listen to episode 35. Patton Oswalt,Tom Lennon, and Bret Gellman reading his short story I Brain. Which is one of the funniest things I have ever heard.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

RightClickSaveAs posted:

If you've never had a chance to watch the magic that is Huell Howser you've been missing out. I first heard about his show from listening to Loveline, where Adam Carolla would always talk about it.

Huell Howser visits the Bagdad Cafe: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImpGsMenmSs

There's a bunch more on Youtube but that's probably the best. The punchline to the Burt Lancaster painting is priceless.

I grew up watching California Gold, so the Huell Howser impression is that much better for me.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

NecronSchmecron posted:

This. We need this right now, Mock Scockerman!

I would even just settle for Jerry Minor. I love that guy so much.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I like rolling on dubs.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

bananasinpajamas posted:

I absolutely adored the Fitzsimmons episode of Never Not Funny, and I hate anyone that thinks otherwise :colbert:

Fitzsimmons on Nerdist was really good too. People here are just crazy man.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
How can Brett Gellman be on CDRR. He had a second lifetime ban!

in all seriousness the new CDRR looks like it will be a great show.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Borrego posted:

God I love when Joey Diaz is on the Joe Rogan podcast. Also maybe it's because I'm a "hater". But holy gently caress Jimmy Dore and his wife made me not even finish this weeks DLM.

I don't see why everyone hated Jimmy Dore and his wife. They seemed like nice people who were high, and were discussing a movie that doug brought up. Why is that bad?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I also saw some of Jimmy Dore's stand up recently, and he was a really loving funny.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Sock The Great posted:

I feel like the show really thrives on the live audience, the studio shows don't sit as well with me for some reason. And I totally agree with Jimmy Dore and Stefanee coming off like total activist weirdos when Doug brought up "Waiting for Superman", it seemed to catch Doug off guard too because he changed the subject pretty quickly.

No he didn't he sat there and listened, and said it was pretty interesting. I think he was caught off guard because they were giving a different viewpoint than the movie had. I also think it was a big thing for them because Dore's wife is a california school teacher. I don't understand how talking about something makes them come off as activist weirdos.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

bananasinpajamas posted:

Thankfully I didn't understand a single word he said, but man it was loving awesome. Miles Archer is probably the most fully-fleshed character the show has had.

Brett Gelman and Jon Daly are loving terrible at improv and I loving love them for it. Their horrific puns are the best thing on the planet.

I love that Brett Gellman got banned yet again.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I want to see Bobby Bottle service come back for an episode. I still want to find out what an Ed Hardy boy is.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

I know what the brand Ed Hardy is, but what is a Ed Hardy boy.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I liked the Benson interruption, but only because I like to see funny people on tv. There was some really funny stuff too. Doing 3 comedians in a 22 minute show though is just awful.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

HAHA gently caress yes.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
New CDRR is up, and it has Eugene Mirman. God is a 12 year old with aspergers is a great album, and everyone should check it out. I also think this is his first time on CDRR.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Jesus the latest CDR is cracking me up so loving hard. at around the halfway mark it just goes off the rails.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Civil posted:

The american flag do-rag had me almost doubled over.

I can't listen to this poo poo in public, the constant giggling is embarrassing.

I try and cover my laughing when I am in public and listening to them, but it just makes me look even sillier.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Scott Aukerman is such a nerd. He made an obscure reference to the DC graphic novel "Kingdom Come" on this week's episode. Understandably NO ONE gets what he's talking about, so he just immediately goes "Never mind."

I caught that reference, and I laughed like crazy.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
The thing about Maron though is he will be the first person to admit that he is a flawed person that dislikes people for his own selfish non reasons. I am sure there will be a thing next show where Maron will apologize for the way he treated Scheer.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
One of my favorite interviews Mark Maron ever did on WTF was with Patrice Oneal. It is a really honest interview with just some super real moments. It is exactly why I love to listen to Mark Maron.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

King Lou posted:

Tig Notaro continues to do her focus stealing nonsense. I wish she would stick to her storytelling and not trying to be funny off the cuff since that consists entirely of trying to derail other peoples stories or her own inside jokes with herself.

That is her whole loving shtick man. Have you never heard Tig's comedy before? Did you not hear Kevin Nealon talking about how dry her humor is? I am pumped for Cyber Thug Radio being a full show now. I love Jerry Minor.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Tig telling everyone to shut up so she could tell Kevin Nealon's story was making me laugh.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I just wanna say. gently caress RACCOONS MAN.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

The 47 Reagans posted:

That's probably just a side effect of being bitten by the cake bug and getting the curse of second sight, though.

Well which cake bug? The regular cake bug or the cake scarab?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I can listen to Little Gary talk for hours. Everything he says makes me laugh.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
So according to CDR's facebook. Earwolf is getting another show tonight at midnight called Who Charted with Howard Kramer. I usually like Howard Kramer (Dragon Boy Suede) so I really do hope its good.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Shut the gently caress up bob, just shut the gently caress up. This is my loving show now just shut the gently caress up.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Kodo posted:

My favorite Cyber thug moment, singing his auto tune song:

"Do you like...money?"
"Yeah, sure!"

That was Jerry Minor not Cyber Thug. You silly person you.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Huell Howser will never get old for me ever. I grew up watching California Gold in school, so it really has a special place in my heart.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I finally listened to Who Charted, and I actually enjoyed it a lot. I think they need to change the format a bit, but I know they will work on stuff as they go along. One thing it did really well though was increase my crush on Kulap. She is adorable.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
And I am almost 100 percent sure that it was a bit considering they do that style of bit all the loving time on CDR.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Mt. Modular posted:

I'm really enjoying Who Charted right now. It's kind of haphazard and clumsy and that's what gives it so much personality. Kulap and Howard are really fun together and it just sounds like we're listening in on a bunch of friends having funny conversations about music and movies.

This is easily right below CDR as my favorite podcast right now.

I love how Howard pops in with I did some research, and then he will ask his guest a question about something that only vaguely has to do with what they were talking about. It never fails to make me laugh.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I just want to say that Mike Detective rules.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

sambafish posted:

That's the show I started with and it turned me into a fan(that's also the episode with Brett Gelman's iBrain story). It really seems like Little Gary is the most polarizing of the CDR "characters".

When I first started listening to CDR I couldn't stand listening to Lil Gary, but the more I started listening to the show the more I kind of understood the tone of CDR, and the more he became one of my favorite characters on the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

t3ch3 posted:

WTF is definitely worth your time. Don't expect a lot of laugh-out-loud moments. It's closer to This American Life than a comedy podcast, but it's still funny and consistently interesting. It sucks that the iTunes feed only has the last 50, but more episodes going back to March are available here http://wtfpod.libsyn.com/category/podcasts

Recommendations:
Maria Bamford
Robin Williams
Tom Lennon
Judd Apatow 1 and part 2

The Bamford episode is a great starting point because it's an incredible and very honest interview and starts with a long Maron monologue where he goes through his escape from LA roadtrip and all the poo poo surrounding it. Robin Williams is in his non-manic mode and Tom Lennon talks about the screenwriting and studio process for formulaic kids movies. The Apatow episode includes tapes of him at age 16 interviewing Jerry Seinfeld about comedy.

e: Oh, the Mencia episode is up there too. That's worth a listen for when it goes from :smith: to :gonk:

These are all great episodes, but i want to throw in his episode with Patrice O'Neil. That episode is amazing and gets super real. WTF is a great podcast.

• Locked thread