Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Geekslinger posted:

It really was one of the funnier ones they have done in a while. The Sasquatching bit was 10x funnier than the 20 minute Vader pussy riff in the Kevin Smith episode.

Kirkman was doing great at putting Hardwick in his place every time he tried to reference himself.

"Hey I'm from Kentucky to."
"I don't care."

That and his jab at Johnah and Matt when he asked if he should know who they were.

I like how you think it's just putting him in his place, and not just loving around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Hey guys I was just coming by and wanted to say gently caress the weed guy. Ok see you later.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Ograbme posted:

Does that kind of slang even have a name? Like 'business major fratboy' or something.

It's pretty much just southern california slang.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
On twitter Scottobot sounded like he was saying there would be a new CBB tonight at midnight.

Edit: New CBB up.It has both Harris Whittles,and Bret Gelman. Lets just hope big daddy dick stink doesn't ban Gelman off Comedy Bang Bang.

The_Rob fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Jul 1, 2011

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

LITERALLY MAD IRL posted:

I would say there is a 100% chance of it wearing thin within the first ten minutes.

I am going to say you are 100 percent false. Gelman isn't just some dude, he is a super talented comedian, and all of his funny or die stuff is pretty drat funny.

And who can forget his gripping teleplay for Eagleheart.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Solidus posted:

What? That was hilarious. He really held his own and kept the energy going for someone who isnt even a comedian or entertainer at all. The part where it was just Harris and Scott overcriticizing him had me laughing so hard.

I also loved when he was being mean to harris during the foam corner just to be mean.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Ever since the Rob Courdry, and Lake Bell episode Cake Boss became my absolute favorite character.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Do people really not like Tig this much? I have found her funny every time I have heard her. Good One Robot is also the best.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

shotgunbadger posted:

I'd actually like a legit breakdown why people so violently suck off Norm but apparently Tig is literally the worst thing.

I really think it's because Norm still keeps this wink wink this a joke thing. Which isn't bad it is just his comedic style. While Tig plays it pretty straight and doesn't let up.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

soru posted:

Tig is awful and it's shocking that she's so well liked by real comedians. She's the opposite of humor. She is a comedy vampire who sucks the funny out of those around her until they are sad and grey and dead.

Isn't that what people who do anti comedy are supposed to do? Maybe all of the comedians who like her know something you don't.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Yannick_B posted:

A cakewolf of course!

I can only read this in the cakeboss voice.

I dare anyone to try and not to.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

HaterBaby posted:

This is sort of unrelated but I learned today that Brian Posehn is appearing at the Gathering of the Juggalos, which only confirms my suspicion that he's a dumb unfunny pandering nerd who exemplifies the bottom of the barrel of alternative comedy. I always dislike him whenever he appears on Comedy Bang Bang or other podcasts.

Pretty appropriate username.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

redz posted:

Scott Aukerman was on the latest episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm for about 10 seconds!

He was also on Childrens hospital for about the same amount of time!

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Big names on CBB today. David Wain, Ken Marino, and Paul Rudd.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Guys I agree with David in calling televison the plug in drug.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I have been making my way through a lot of the recent WTF's that I missed, and the two I was most surprised about were Demitri Martin, and Nick Thune. They were a lot more interesting than I had anticipated. It was interesting hearing Nick Thune really open up and talk about his faith. It seems like I will always stop listening to WTF for a while, then I will go back to it, and when I do go back to it I realize how good of a podcast it is.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

plastered quack posted:

Yeah this week's CBB definitely has Womp'ed it up

Shut up

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

ElCondemn posted:

I can't really remember any other female characters on the show, I'm sure there have been others but she's definitely the best.

However, I'm re-listening to all of the old CDR episodes and I'm up to episode 21 with Charelyne Yi, while she's not a character I was just now cracking up during her story with impressions of Joe Pesci and such.

her song about the wolf was loving great.

Also Good One Robot is indeed the best CBB character.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

King Lou posted:

Now you're just trying to start Tig Nataro arguments. Her 2 characters Good One Robot and "Mom saying YEAH?" don't even count as characters. I would go so far as to say that Good One Robot, which originated with Scottabot mishearing her, is just an extension of Tig's horrid attempts to derail or let the air out of other peoples bits. Sigh... look what you made me do...

I really hope you were joking...

Why would I be joking about the Good One Robot?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I just wanted to say that the new Earwolf Live app is really loving cool. It takes where you are and it will find comedy shows near you that feature comedians who have been on earwolf. It will tell you where the show is, and you can buy tickets right there. It's free too.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I feel like people rush to try and be the first to say how terrible CBB is now.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I have a man crush on Adam Scott.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Oh man I just noticed that a new Who Charted is up, and that Lee is the guest. That is awesome.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I am pumped because I just got 4 free tickets to PFT's comedy central special he is doing. The only thing is that because it is a tv taping it is still first come first serve. Is anyone familiar with these kinds of things? How early would be best to show up so I don't get turned away.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

ElCondemn posted:

I use chrome and was able to do right click and save as, not sure if it'd be different for other browsers.

I listen to all of these, but they're my "b team" of podcasts. I like all of the people way more than I like their podcasts but they are alright to listen to.

I think you may be missing a bit of Natasha's humor (regarding muslims, etc.), though I agree she does seem to not know seemingly common things.

I thought that Natasha's character was that she was too good for everyone,and that she was a rich stuck up girl.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Glitterbomber posted:

Maron is a legitimate scumbag dude and I have no idea why his 'style' is so loved. It's like if Barbra Waters somehow had less charm with his obsession with trying to force his guests to talk about how horrible and messed up they are, even ignoring legitimate good paths to focus on 'so really, are you an alcoholic, you know when I had a problem I didn't think I did either...' and sub-tabloid level interviews.

Maybe I'm tainted because my path to him went from hearing on interviews what a poo poo he is, hearing his standup and thinking he's not bad, and then finding WTF and rolling my eyes every five minutes.

How is he a legitimate scumbag? He hasn't really done anything scummy as far as I know.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

-Atom- posted:

I don't think so, but Maron also puts down comics that 'just tell jokes' like Anthony Jeselnik so who knows!

Except Maron talked Jeselnick up when he was on wtf, and Maron seems to be a fan of his comedy.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I finally got around to listening to the second Gelmania episode, and I was laughing so goddamn hard at that opening interview with himself. Gelman is seriously a national treasure.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Sensual Ozma Lover posted:

Yeah I could have been more clear there, obviously I know lots of A-list comedians fall into the same category too, it was more just a dig at guys like Maron who are especially bitter and jealous of other comics' success and have that clear divide between "trying to be funny" and "being bitter and resentful about comedy".

And yeah you can play the "you can never really truly know someone" card which is true no matter who you're talking about, but I feel totally comfortable generalizing and saying that Maron is an rear end in a top hat. Louis CK might have an angry ex-wife but Maron has legions of estranged former friends and people who will vouch that he is a petty idiot in his personal life, and since he has only enforced that belief through hundreds of hours of fairly personal podcasts I really doubt he is actually somehow a great guy to hang around

Edit -- before you got rid of it your edit said that it just seems like I'm "just trying to bash a comic that I don't like." That's exactly what I'm doing, sorry if there was ever any confusion about it. Someone made fun of Maron and Joe Rogan, comics that I don't like, and I agreed with him and added some generalizations about those types of dudes (standup comics who are bitter assholes in person)

But what's the point of sitting there and making long winded points about how he is an unfunny rear end in a top hat? Are you just trying to make a point? If so what exactly is the point? Should he stop making the podcast and doing comedy? I don't get why you are coming out and making big long posts about him being an rear end in a top hat. Like you seem really bothered by him.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

NotWearingPants posted:

Do they do their classic "pretend to be a horrible interview guest" thing? Because that always makes for a really great interview.:rolleyes:

Oh I get it you are being sarcastic.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Puffnuckle.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Trujillo posted:

I saw Brett Gelman last year at the Traverse City comedy fest on a show with Jeff Garlin and Aubrey Plaza. Even though it was a comedy festival it was Traverse City so the room was probably 80% old white people. Brett Gelman thought this would be a great place to read iBrain. I Can't even describe the look on the face of the 90 year old accordion player who was the only other person on stage until Jeff Garlin came out to cut him off. I think the people of Traverse City are too weirdly polite to walk out because I don't think anyone did but that was the most tense I've ever felt a room. The second show was a younger crowd though and he read the whole thing, which I'm not sure he's even done on any podcasts.

This honestly sounds like the greatest thing ever, and I am sincerely jealous that you got to witness this.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Al! posted:

And the world just got a little bit more funny.

Except the Sarah Silverman Program was great, and Wittles was one of the best writers for the show.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I think what the reviewer is saying is that Something Awful finds, and posts a lot of sleezy idiotic forums. Not that Something awful is a cesspool of a forum.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Everyone should watch the Eric Andre show. It is loving hysterical. I also don't get how he was terrible on Who charted. He was fine.

Seriously though Eric Andre show is great, and Hanibal Burres is his sidekick.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Eltoasto posted:

"She put me through law school but lately she's put on about 6 ounces"

DUMP
THAT
BIIIITCH

The funny thing is dump that bitch is a thing leykis says just about every show.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Asterios posted:

I'm going to be on Jordan, Jesse, Go! in a few weeks. Any longtime fans have tips or suggestions on what to do (or not to do)?

Make some good dick jokes. If there is one thing those two love it's dick jokes.

If possible maybe you can whip your dick out??

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Excuse me, but you couldn't even be bothered to whip your dick out? Looks like I am done with this show for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Asterios posted:

Episode's up! One of you fine goons are mentioned by name.

Jordan, Jesse, Go! #303: "Hobbit Coffee"

Real talk though you were really funny. You were actually probably one of the best guests they have had on in a while and hopefully you become a regular guest. They both seemed like they were enjoying the show.

• Locked thread