Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

bananasinpajamas posted:

Doug Loves Movies - http://feeds.feedburner.com/DougLovesMovies

My favorite podcast, by far. I urge you all to look up the recent(-ish) episode with Jimmy Pardo, Paul F. Tompkins and Kate Micucci. Some of the funniest poo poo I've ever heard anywhere.

edit: Here it is on blip.tv: http://ilovemovies.blip.tv/file/3625291/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

bananasinpajamas posted:

Here's a good place to find all the old episodes of Doug Loves Movies (formerly I Love Movies). Some good ones to choose from:

Bob Odenkirk and Chris Hardwick. They break down the top 10 movies of the last 25 years I believe, and Odenkirk provides some amazing opinions.
Jon Hamm and Jimmy Pardo. Just great chemistry between the three of them. Hamm (of Mad Men fame) really knows comedy.
Adam Carolla and Patton Oswalt. Again, the chemistry is awesome, and this is about the best environment I've seen Carolla in outside of Loveline.
Andy Kindler and Marc Maron. If you don't like Kindler, :frogout:
Paul F. Tompkins and Sean Cullen. Both amazing comedians, both get along great and both sing together at some point. Special.

I would also like to add TJ Miller, Natasha Leggero and Dan Gabriel recorded at UC Irvine. The discussion about How to Train Your Dragon (aka How I Met Your Dragon) is hilarious.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Vanilla Ice was mentioned as one of the performers, and they totally ignored it. What the hell? I had no idea he was still performing, and they just gloss right over it.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

caveman thug poo poo posted:

For those of you who are like me and haven't quite figured out how to time when the new Doug Loves Movies "plop", there's a new one up now and Leonard Maltin guests again. It's a good one.

Do you have a working link? Mine cuts off at about 5 minutes in.

edit: vvvv Thanks!

Binowru fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Aug 21, 2010

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

dancehall posted:

Just spent the whole subway ride home laughing at Alan Rickman. What a masterpiece.

I enjoyed it up until the ending. Scott Aukerman sobbing and turning into a leprechaun was just bizarre and unpleasant to listen to.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Natasha Leggero was goddamn hilarious on her last CDR appearance with Harris Wittels.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

substitute posted:

I don't listen to music anymore.

You're missing Sklarbro Country.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Comedy Bang-Bang just released the exact same episode as last week but with a different title. What the hell? :confused:

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Evil Agita posted:

Those stoners are so fun to listen to. Is lavender hour any good?

Listen to the recent one with Jeff Garlin. It's a great interview.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Eardrop would be 10x better if they changed the number and didn't give the new one to Nick Thune.

Or Rory Scovel.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Brian Posehn revealed on the Joe Rogan podcast that he's planning his own podcast that will be released through Earwolf. I'm... cautiously optimistic.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

shotgunbadger posted:

Hey anyone have the link to that Best Show where they spend the last half or so just ripping on the Juggalo festival? I can't find it searching the itunes archives for 'juggalo' or anything.

It's on this page, the one dated July 21, 2009

http://wfmu.org/playlists/BS

edit: Juggalo hilarity starts around 1 hour 27 minutes in. Goddamn, listening to it again, I still loving lose it when they talk about the helicopter rides.

Binowru fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jun 19, 2011

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

shotgunbadger posted:

I once drunkenly sent in a write-in for them early on, and was legitimately shocked and disgusted that it 'made the cut' by any barometer.

Well come on, now you gotta tell us. Which one was it?

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Omgkittens posted:

Uhh Yeah Dude has been in some really awesome form over the past month or so. Maybe it's just because I didn't listen to them for awhile, but they've had me laughing far more then is appropriate for public travel.

It's because of UYD that I now know what gold star gay and double-gold star gay mean. Also Jah's story of being on a plane next to a woman watching Never Say Never was awesome.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

CortezFantastic posted:

I love the Rogan podcast but he seriously thinks that a zombie outbreak could happen. Love the fucker but dude, really?

My biggest head-slapping moment was when he was talking about the moon landing. Like, he doesn't completely buy the conspiracy theories, but he's also not totally convinced we ever went to the moon. Seriously dude, what the gently caress?

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

shotgunbadger posted:

Why does Seth care?

"To Catch a Predator" recaps were a regular feature on UYD when that show was on.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

For all UYD fans on Twitter, I highly suggest you follow @UYDQuotes

quote:

Maybe there isn't Seasonal Affective Disorders, maybe Y'alls just a bitch...Bitch rear end Bitch Disorder. Oh you have BABD?

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

NotWearingPants posted:

People pay for these? Is that to get them through iTunes or to get them earlier? Or is the episode you're talking about special?

Whenever Doug records on the road or somewhere other than the Upright Citizens Brigade theater, it goes into the iTunes album section for sale. I think Doug has said before he'd like to offer them for free (or for 99 cents) but iTunes wouldn't let him.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Maarak posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Challenge_coin#Challenging

I can see the appeal, but it's just not a common enough thing outside of the military.

So it's like the original Bros Icing Bros?

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Anyone else kind of disappointed by the Lavender Hour? I expected it to be funny, because Duncan and Natasha are both really funny stand-ups, but so far it's a lot of crap about how America sucks and being vegan is great.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

How bout Seth and Johnathan on WTF? That would be a trip.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Civil posted:

I think part of Scott's shtick is liking unpopular unfunny things - plane breaks, banal catchphrase discussion, super long intro themes, plugs, Tig Notaro, etc.

He also despises things that are actually entertaining, like he does with Jukebox Jury and Jack the Lumberyard owner.

Also Scott's favorite song of all time is "Batdance" and second favorite song is "Octopus's Garden." I used to think he was joking but after listening to Who Charted I'm not so sure.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Shogunner posted:

I feel like the more I listen to Adam Carolla, the more I dislike him.

He just... talks alot of poo poo, which I know is his thing, but sometimes he needs to put a limit on it. He lets it get in the way of his guests talking way too much. Sometimes it's funny, but, sometimes it's just uneasy to hear for me.

Anyone else feel the same? :P

I had to stop listening to Adam Carolla for kind of the opposite reason, after the episode where he had on Andrew Breitbart, who is basically the conservative Michael Moore. Carolla did nothing but kiss his rear end the whole time (despite the demonstrably immoral things the guy has done and is proud of doing) and the liberal in me just had to tune out.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Shogunner posted:

Was this the episode before Rob Schneider? Because the guy who was on before Rob Schneider (if I recall correctly) was basically what you're describing. Maybe not as extreme but Adam just kissed his rear end and I really just couldn't finish listening to it.

I don't know which episode came after it because, well, I unsubscribed.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Teepkick Shakur posted:

Anyone that has a problem with his rant about Mexicans clearly doesnt live in Los Angeles. I do, and he's right.

One area is clean and the other dirty because one area is rich and the other poor. It's not because one area is gay and the other Mexican.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Teepkick Shakur posted:

No offense but your conclusion is not only overly simplistic but quite stupid. Homosexuals graduate from high school, dont poo poo out a bunch of kids, and care about their community. The Mexican culture in this area on the other hand is the exact opposite. Thats right culture. Thats the issue at hand and he's surprisingly made that very clear time and time again. He doesn't just point out foibles in Mexicans he does it with everyone. Gays, Blacks, Mexicans, Jews, Asians, even middle class, rich, and poor white people. None of his complaints are as simple as the color of ones skin and he actually has well thought out opinions as to why certain groups behave the way they do. They arent always right but they are the very least considered.

Instead of derailing this thread further I'll just point out that Adam also tried to link the growing number of pot dispensaries in Los Angeles with the growing number of gourmet cupcake shops (cuz stoners love to eat right? :haw:) and leave it at that. He doesn't exactly use the best reasoning all the time.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Ellaybee posted:

Anyone know the name of the artist who made that Pod F Tompkast illustration? I'd love to see more of his/her work.

According to PFT's Facebook the artist is James Fosdike.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Mojo Threepwood posted:

I love checking this thread every few weeks to find new podcasts. I just started We Hate Movies!, and based on what people have been saying I've got to listen to Mike and Tom Eat Snacks.
I'd never heard of Uhh Yeah Dude apart from this forum, but it looks worth a shot. 284 episodes is a bit daunting.

If you want a good first UYD, try Episode 278 (June 30th, 2011). The discussion about the boy who survived two plane crashes is one of the funniest things I've heard on any podcast.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Peter North posted:

What if we're just on another plane of existence

What if they're all around us right now but we just cant feel them

What if Alex Jones is the only guy telling the truth

What if God is Ayahuasca from Planet X Nibiru

What if I'm gay

These are half of Joe Rogan's podcasts, the other half is MMA talk.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

plastered quack posted:

Just a quick heads-up: those of you who are fans of DLM but maybe haven't tried the Benson Interruption podcasts, the new interruption is broken up by quick Len Maltin games with Samm Levine versus audience members.

Yep, I'm the fourth guy, Brian. Listen to it if you want to hear me fail.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

E2M2 posted:

edit: I also love Brett Gelman too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtV80ZdpTY0

Through the related videos, I found a YouTube account that has uploaded every Harris' Phone Corner. Rejoice/mourn as you will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qAAh91GJSM

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

So, the latest Joe Rogan podcast released today has Daniel Pinchbeck as a guest. I thought that name sounded familiar so I decided to wiki him.

Wikipedia posted:

Daniel Pinchbeck (born June 15, 1966) is an author living in New York’s East Village, where he is editorial director of Reality Sandwich, a blog website centered around New Age philosophy and activism.[1] He is the author of Breaking Open the Head: A Psychedelic Journey into the Heart of Contemporary Shamanism and 2012: The Return of Quetzalcoatl.

Yeah, I think I'll be skipping this one...

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Chunky Delight posted:

I feel like some kind of freak for not caring for anything Earwolf that isn't hosted by Jewish twins from St.Louis.

Did you like the episodes of Sklarbro Country with Patton Oswalt? I'm guessing the answer is yes. Find an episode of CBB with Oswalt on it and give it a chance.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

The newest "How Did This Get Made?" is by far the best one yet. Not only is Patton Oswalt in the house, but they have the director of Punisher: War Zone there to talk about it. Completely different from the typical "That literally made NO SENSE!" type episodes.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I haven't listened to the Indoor Kids but are you guys talking about Duncan Trussel? He has his own podcast called the Lavender Hour and he's a frequent guest on Joe Rogan's podcast. Yeah, he's a pretty weird dude but he's usually at least funny or interesting.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Hey guess what guys Eardop is back! :geno:

Earwolf blog posted:

We’re excited to announce the return of Eardrop! What was once loved as a daily podcast and uncensored comedian voice messaging service, has been revamped into an entirely new service. This time around, we’re bringing Eardrop to the people. Soon…very soon, we’ll be releasing a new Eardrop mobile app. The app will let anyone share their voice messages online. With Twitter and the new Eardrop app, you’ll be able to leave your own audio “drops.” Audio fun for all your Twitter followers to enjoy. All instant. All online.

See and listen to the drops all instantly at https://www.eardrop.fm and/or from your followers’ tweets.

Over the next several weeks, a select group of highly trained volunteers will be helping us with our closed beta testing of the new Eardrop app and site. Along the way, you may start to see a few drops making their way through the series of tubes to your computers and phones.

Earwolf hosts, guests and friends will continue to leave drops for fans. This time you’ll be able to see them instantly online. The Eardrop podcast will live on! Each day after the public launch of Eardrop, we’re going to release their top drops as the daily Eardrop podcast.

In the coming weeks, be on the lookout for drops from our unbelievably highly-trained testing team, friends and favorite performers and personalities. And soon – very soon – you…yes, YOU will be able to know the awesome glory of the new Eardrop. Okay…that may have been an overstatement, but trust us. It is going to be pretty cool.

Call me a pessimist but I'm expecting this to fizzle out just like the original Eardrop did. Hopefully we'll get some funny stuff before that happens though.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

FitFortDanga posted:

I just hope they put a moratorium on "airport sounds" and Steve Agee.

edit: and Doug Benson plugs

Welp http://eardrop.fm/shahruz_/133753293561282561

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

NotWearingPants posted:

I've never seen Mr. Show. I was out of the country when it aired. Does it stand the test of time?

Some of it makes references to things that were popular at the time, but it's mostly still incredibly hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n-rGnI9XNo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uco5Ed-5y2U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYvHpVwIqYY (ignore the first 10 seconds of this one)

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Has Pepsi Next finally stopped sponsoring podcasts? I think I can finally listen without fear now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

indigi posted:

And Howard's probably the worst emcee of the decade, I don't know why he insists on pushing DBS so hard when it has no traction

The chart themes are cute but I couldn't imagine listening to a whole album of that.

• Locked thread