Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

In this vein Eddie Pepitone is so good at it that on the Todd Glass show Todd had him portraying a boorish uncle at thanksgiving and the last 10 minutes of the show is basically Eddie making Todd nearly die of laughter.

If people want to see Eddie Pepitone saying incredibly hosed up poo poo on the daily, I highly recommend Puddin'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

COUNTIN THE BILLIES posted:

Thank you podcasts from introducing me to Eddie Pepitone.

I've only listened to a little bit of the Long Shot Podcast. Have I just not listened to enough of it, or is Eddie completely different on there than he is elsewhere? (i.e. a raving madman)

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Can anyone suggest me a good comedy podcast(s) with a similar sense of humor to We Hate Movies and My Brother, My Brother, and Me?

I don't listen to either of these podcasts, but I do listen to Uhh Yeah Dude and whenever someone in the UYD thread asks for a recommendation of something similar, My Brother My Brother and Me usually comes up. So based on that I'm going to recommend Uhh Yeah Dude.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I used to listen to Phil Hendrie all the time when he was on the radio. "The Best of Phil Hendrie 2000" is still one of my all-time favorite comedy CDs. Unfortunately, it looks like the only place you can still get it is on Phil's website for $45 goddamn dollars.

e: Oh hey, it's also a digital download for the saner price of :20bux:. I highly recommend it.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I cannot confirm this, but I heard that Pete Holmes and Marc Maron once got into an argument and Pete ended it by saying "I'm gonna make an app that skips past the first 10 minutes of your podcast."

:iceburn:

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Whoa, nice! Congrats.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

The_Rob posted:

I think what the reviewer is saying is that Something Awful finds, and posts a lot of sleezy idiotic forums. Not that Something awful is a cesspool of a forum.

That's how I took it, too. Something Awful is an "idiot aggregator" the same way Digg is a "news aggregator."

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Here is a dubstep remix of James Adomian as Jesse Ventura doing Skrillex noises. Maybe the best thing ever:

http://paulftompkins.tumblr.com/post/33140891981/you-will-probably-listen-to-this-one-million

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

So is anyone else going to the Los Angeles Podcast Festival this weekend?

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Call me a softy but the song at the end had me tearing up

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Conduit for Sale! posted:

If I don't get a new Harmontown soon, I'm going to stick a sharpie up my butt.

I don't know what city you're in, but Harmontown is going on tour this month.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

KimT posted:

Not really the best place to ask, but does anyone know any good music podcasts? I've been listening to Shots Fired a lot lately and was wondering what else is out there.

I like the Stones Throw Podcast

http://www.stonesthrow.com/podcast/

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I will never, ever understand why Apple split Music and Podcasts into two separate apps on the iPhone :argh:

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Wait, Pete Holmes is straight?

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Poopy Palpy posted:

At least it's from 1996, so podcasting should enter the public domain in 2016.

I wonder what podcasts Tupac listened to.

The article mentions it was renewed in 2012.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I've heard Tom refer a couple of times to "The comic who shall not be named," which I assume is PFT.

Also, I don't think Tom making fun of "the same comedians being on every podcast" is meant to be a dig against PFT, it's just another part of his "cranky old man" shtick. And I really want to hear the full recorded version of "LA Podcast."

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Man, I think I'm about ready to give up on Sklarbro Country/County. Same jokes over and over, unfunny characters (except for James Adomian), and Dan Van Kirk is painfully unfunny. I'm torn about this, as this is a podcast I've listened to from the start, and I still love the Sklars as comedians. I just wish their podcast was, I dunno, better.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Trujillo posted:

He's also done Leykis on the Todd Glass show in some of his appearances and was just as funny or funnier. Not sure which ones though or what point they start.

Pretty sure he's also done it on Sklarbro Country

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Trujillo posted:

I think it was the 200th episode. Cactus Tony is was, RIP Dom Dimello's day care manager.

Was he also the cowboy poet of the West? The guy who wrote "You Must Buy Your Wife At Least As Much Jewelry as You Buy Your Horse" or whatever?

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

The Berzerker posted:

Julie Klausner was in Toronto tonight, doing a Pride-related comedy show, and it was hilarious. I got to meet her afterward and she was the nicest person. I don't know how many people here listen to HWYW, but the host of the comedy show basically did a How Was Your How Was Your Week with her, where they talked about previous episodes and played some games and such.

I just started listening to HWYW recently and I love it. I can't think of any other podcast from a female perspective that's so funny and original.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

-Atom- posted:

I miss Dr. Davey :(

I don't know what happened between Davey and Randy, but they always use to appear at The Tomorrow! Show in Los Angeles as The Door Knockers. They were stupendously funny and I wish they'd reunite. :(

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

They got Jason Mantzoukas to tweet for the first time ever during this episode, so there's that. (He's since deleted his account)

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Well, I've pretty much exhausted MBMBAM and UYD (I'm the sort of guy who always has to have something playing in the background when I'm working or even just playing a game), love them both.
Any recommendations? Generally whenever I hear other comedy podcasts from Maximum Fun advertised on MBMBAM, they sound really unfunny (though I do enjoy some of the shows that the brothers do other than MBMBAM, like Sawbones seems promising).
I saw talk of "Sick & Wrong" earlier in the thread from people who also seemed into UYD, so I might try that out.

The Pod F. Tompkast and Welcome to Night Vale are pretty much required listening.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I am waiting for the inevitable episode of Put Your HandsTogether that is just five straight interviews.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Attended Doug Loves Movies tonight. Very different vibe from most shows, due to one of the guests, but nonetheless very enjoyable.

If you don't want to wait until the episode plops, here's a photo of the panel that one of the guests tweeted out: (SPOILERS) http://instagram.com/p/diz2utHTF_/ (SPOILERS)

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Man, I had high hopes for Eban Schletter's Fantasical Musicorium, since he's so great on the Pod F Tompkast, but just... bleh. The first episode is literally "Here's a bunch of generic library music I cooked up literally overnight that I expect to be compelling for some reason." The second episode was... better, I guess? Still, don't think I'll bother listening to the third.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

De Nomolos posted:

Any other Hendersons or Daughters in here? Tuesday's Sklarbro County with Diablo Cody is a good place to join that show if you haven't yet. And you eat ketchup on a cheese steak.

That said, if anyone is considering making the Sklarbro pilgrimage to Madison in Feb, I may be down.

Dan Van Kirk has ruined that podcast for me.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Beeez posted:

Andy Kindler is a bitter shithead who talks poo poo about everybody and everything, so no, you're not wrong to think a legitimately funny person doing an impression of him is funnier than the genuine article.

Andy Kindler and Tom Scharpling are my two favorite curmudgeons. I'm going to be very sad when The Best Show ends because I'll probably never get to hear the two of them talking poo poo about pop culture together again. :(

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

So I just got an email from Earwolf (apparently I subscribe to their newsletter? huh.) that said Never Not Funny is moving to their network and will be entirely free. Neato.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Conduit for Sale! posted:

I've become a big fan of Eugene Mirman though.

Bro do you even Bob's Burgers

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Mr. Squishy posted:

I tried an epi and it seemed to be a series of really bad sketches?

You forgot about the really boring interviews

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Is anyone mad?

I'm not mad, I'm disappointed. :colbert:

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Julie Klausner is the best. Subscribing to the premium app was worth it for her live rendition of Jesus Christ Superstar alone.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

The Berzerker posted:

Good to see some love for HWYW. I love Julie, I'm excited for her pilot with Billy Eichner, here's hoping it gets picked up.

I'm less excited about "Mulaney," though. That trailer was... not very good.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

The Bunk posted:

What, you didn't go back and start from the beginning? Luckily I just got a dog so I'm getting extra listening time on walks.

Is there a (legal) way to download the MP3s or are you just streaming from the archive? Because I'd love to go back and listen as well but iTunes only has about 30 episodes.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

WoG posted:

No. (Why would you bother asking, with that qualification?)

I know, that was dumb. I'm not gonna pirate them, I was just hoping there was an easy way to get hard copies so I wouldn't have to rely on the streaming player, mostly so I could put them on my old-school iPod and easily skim past bad calls.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

The Bunk posted:

https://mega.co.nz/#F!IhMUHSbT!bd9x_zzfj2lFfm8_dkvD_A

This is the most complete mp3 archive I've found. The guy posted it in a download forum on the Friends of Tom message board (which Tom frequents) & it's just mp3 versions of the shows available for streaming so I'm sure it's fine legally. All the segments that have been officially released on CDs have been removed.

Awesome, thanks! I actually bought all the Scharpling & Wurster albums after the Best Show ended so this is perfect.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

101 posted:

Can somebody who listens to Doug Loves Movies explain the Leonard Maltin game please? I don't understand when people bet they can get it in minus' and whatnot.

Here's what a typical review looks like in the Leonard Maltin app:

So if I say I can name the movie in 3 names, and I'm challenged to do so, Doug would read me the names Paul Anthony, A.J. Johnson and Tisha Campbell.

Now, if I say I can name it with -2 names, I have to name the movie, and then say the names Christopher Reid and Robin Harris in that order.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Joe Mande just launched a Kickstarter, asking for $1 million to make the "Million Dollar Podcast." Unlike Todd Glass's kickstarter, I'm pretty sure Joe did this purely as a joke with no real expectation of making any money. Heck, there's only one perk, it costs a thousand dollars, and he says "I'll mention your name on the podcast or something who cares"

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/338569962/the-million-dollar-podcast

All tongue-in-cheekness aside, I kind of wish Joe Mande would start an actual podcast because he's a very funny dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

The Fogelnest Files hosted by SA poster Jakey "Foges" Fogelnest is kind of like Everything is Terrible: The Podcast. It's based on a live show, so the video episodes on YouTube are a lot better than the pure audio ones.

Please make more episodes, Jake :(

• Locked thread