Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet

Binowru posted:

The newest "How Did This Get Made?" is by far the best one yet. Not only is Patton Oswalt in the house, but they have the director of Punisher: War Zone there to talk about it. Completely different from the typical "That literally made NO SENSE!" type episodes.

I hope you mean the director of Punisher War Zone is there to talk about making the perfect comic book movie/Punisher movie while bashing an actual lovely movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet
Is anyone hoping Josh and Chuck from Stuff You Should Know start a podcast on the Max Fun network? I really like their banter and off topic conversations, even them just talking about episodes of the Simpsons they liked would be good. A hologram of John Hodgman was on the end of the previous 4 episodes of SYSK, Hodgman has referred to them as experts in an episode of JJH, on My Brother My Brother and Me they read a question from them.

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet
Why do people always get so worked up about the guests on Judge John Hodgman? I've listened to them all, and I've never gotten upset about one of them, the Cone-Hipster, the carry on girl or even this weeks.

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet
Over the past 5 or 6 years I've listened to the Ricky Gervais Show/Guide To/XFM shows probably a dozen times, and each time I'm more and more convinced that Karl isn't THAT stupid, he's just really good at frustrating Ricky.

Also, every time I hate Ricky more and more. He yells at Karl for pronouncing "tongue" as "tong" and then goes and says something like "Your-rih-inal" (urinal) The only one who speaks properly is Stephen. He's also a smug rear end in a top hat (anytime someone mentions religion he has to put it down or mention he's an atheist).

On the one where they're doing desert island discs, Ricky picks a book of art for his luxury item, and then spends the next 5 minutes saying how dumb Karl is for picking a dictionary as his book. Sure, his reasoning is dumb but a loving art book? :cmon:

CharlesWillisMaddox fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Feb 8, 2012

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet

Disco Godfather posted:

This is why I'm a Steve fan.

So disappointed his appearance on Nerdist was cut short.

EDIT
Also, to dredge up something from a couple pages ago: I'm so loving done with Judge John Hodgman. I love the guy, but I could not give less of a poo poo about these loving whiteys and their goddamn dog.

This is what I meant about people getting way to worked up about guests. They're probably very innocuous people who tried to make a little joke and people freak out about it.

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet

Disco Godfather posted:

It was funny at first when everyone pretended to be serious about what was going on, but now the guests have this "LOLWERESOCUTE" attitude. Hodgman is the only one doing it right at this point.

It didn't enrage me like the waffle cone guy or the lazy unemployed wife, I just realized I had been listening to it for 20 minutes without paying attention.

You're right, if something ENRAGES you just listening to it, you probably shouldn't be listening anymore. Not the fault of the show though.

edit: Listened to the show today at work, and holy poo poo did you ever over react to it.

CharlesWillisMaddox fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Feb 9, 2012

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet
More people should talk about Complete Guide To Everything (just a warning, no skits or celebrities).

If you want a recommended episode, get "Holiday Movies", the first 10-15 are the funniest thing I've heard, and I probably listened to that chunk of the episode more than any podcast ever.

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet
My favorite Complete Guide To Everything cutoff was when Tim suddenly interrupts with "Did you just loving wink at me" Tom "No..." *music*

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet
My favorite episode, Crapture has been made into a Smodimation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCkbrNne3t4

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet

Sexy Randal posted:

I decided to give The Complete Guide to Everything a listen this weekend and I think it's one of my new favorite podcasts now. The "Seduction" episode was hilarious.

If you're not one to go back and listen to archives, at least listen to Holiday Movies. The first episode is as funny as this weeks episode, I find on my repeated listenings.

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet
Grrr. I'm done with Judge John Hodgman. The latest episode has got me stomping mad, can you believe that bitch wants to make her husband go to her cousins wedding, and can you believe that dick wants to go to a different wedding on the same day?

They also made jokes. The NERVE of some people!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet
The difference between Hodgman and most of the other celebrity/comedian podcasts is that he's doing an original show, and he's legitimately funny. The majority of these new podcasts are just cheap ways for C-list comedians to sell their comedy special, their friends comedy specials and get advertising money. No original ideas, just a zany morning show with whacky (scripted) improv bits.

• Locked thread