Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

ChickenArise posted:

So is the Sagan handoff thing not happening?

I guess not. PFT said that in the future it would be just pay to download, so it's not totally final just not free or regularly released anymore I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Was there ever a Last Podcast on the Left thread?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Yeah I've been going through the show the past few weeks and he's definitely the low point. I think Henry Zebrowski is funny enough to carry the show. That and the spooky murder stuff.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
One thing I can say for Ben is that he seems to be the only one that doesn't kinda believe in magic, which probably helps to balance it a bit. But yeah, he should lay out more and just play the straight man.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
The first third of this weeks LPOTL is about Elliot Rodger's manifesto. I feel like there's a lot more funny/frustration in that thing that they didn't touch on but it was still pretty good.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Man Zebrowski is the only thing funny on that podcast. Kissel is dead weight a lot of the times, but he lays off a lot lately so it's fine.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Also yeah I'm down with people talking about it more because it's my favorite podcast I think, despite its flaws.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Yeah as other have said any big known serial killer is good and well researched, so probably start there. If you don't like those then I doubt you're going to like the podcast at all. Maybe start with the Henry Lee Lucas eps. So much of it is absurd lies by the guy so the cops would keep giving him cigarettes and coffee during his confessions, it's pretty great.

And for the record I found the Son of Sam one to be pretty funny, especially the parts where Marcus was trying to get Henry to walk back his impression of him: "Do you ever want to work again?"

Non serial killer eps I personally liked:

Episode 208: David Bowie and the Occult
Episode 78: Lord RayEl: The Messiah Has Arrived
Episode 178: Columbine Part One - The Myth and Episode 179: Columbine Part Two - Creations, Exploitations, and Cover-Ups

edit: the Columbine eps were one's I avoided for a long time because I felt like it would just make me feel bad, but they lay out some pretty good arguments against the "nerds and outcasts pushed to the breaking point" narrative the media pushed right after it was happening.

edit2: also in defense of Ben Kissel: I think you need him on there because without him there there'd be no one present that doesn't literally believe in magic

Drunkboxer fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Sep 16, 2016

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

GoutPatrol posted:

The High and Mighty podcast about 90s tv shows it literally just Gabrus and Amir going "remember this?" and it is great. Of course Gabrus loved WMAC Masters, just like me.

I friend of mine told me about WMAC masters a few years ago and I was super bummed I didn't know about it as a kid

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I like the Dana Gould Hour a lot but I didn't listen to the last "we got perspectives from the left, and the right" episode and I'm sure as poo poo not listening to this one.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I like Eddie but not in this specific context.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

SilentChaz posted:

This is the final ep. April's said she doesn't count Good Morning, Miss Bliss or the College Years as part of Saved by the Bell, so :rip:

I wish she'd at least do the college years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
She didn't like that they're older in the college years but the movie takes place after the college years. I just want continuity ok.

• Locked thread