Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
webster876
Aug 4, 2007
Yeah, the newest CDR didn't have any zany guests, did it? I kind of didn't notice.
Awesome awesome episode, an excellent start to the new year.
I tried to get my sister into CDR a few weeks ago, and she started with a previous Oswald episode, and I guess it was one with Little Gary, who she HATED, and it turned her off from the show completely. I need to make sure she hears this new one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webster876
Aug 4, 2007

benito posted:

Games on comedy podcasts. Discuss.

Would You Rather is often the funniest segment on any particular episode of CDR.

The only other podcast I listen to that regularly has anything that could be described as a game is Who Charted, where the guest has to guess, for example, how many, out of the top 5 video games, are "silly" and how many are "killy". It does not detract from the show, but it also doesn't add anything except a tiny bit of variety.

I guess maybe UYD's "Guess which horse is real and which is fake" game might count, but it's a very rare segment, and not one the audience can really play along with. Whatever.

webster876
Aug 4, 2007
Oh lordy, Who Charted with Sarah Silverman was AWESOME! She brings so much life and enthusiasm to the show. I've never really seen her show or stand up, but I kind of want to read her book now.

webster876
Aug 4, 2007

dbldown posted:

On that note, Jonathan is pretty good at returning my texts.

When he's paid his phone bill...

Yeah, I know this is an old post, but whatever.
I've texted Jah a few times, but he's only ever responded once. And he told me to eat a dick.

webster876
Aug 4, 2007

Clovis Sangrail posted:

I think he mentioned in a recent-ish episode that he once used "eat a dick" as a way to express his being surprised or something like that. Just like some people say "get outta here" or something like that. So it may have been meant to be less unfriendly than it seemed.

I might be wrong, though.

Oh, he was joking. I texted him and asked him, to clarify once and for all, whether or not he owned a television. This was during like a two month period when he mentioned during every podcast that he, in fact, did NOT own a television. He responded that I could eat a dick, and then laughed it off in a follow up text.

Then a few weeks later he bought a TV.

But it was nice for a day having my facebook status as "John Laroquette's son just told me to eat a dick."

webster876
Aug 4, 2007
CBB was indeed breathtaking. The Huell Howser finale at the end was amazing!

webster876
Aug 4, 2007

moleman posted:

DLM is really hurt by the fact it has a time limit and has to end for the UCB show to start. The Len Maltin game can be fun, but it's painful how they cram it in sometimes especially when the guests have no interest in playing/learning how to play.

I love listening to the Len Malton game, but then on episodes like the most recent one, where assholes won't SHUT THE gently caress UP *cough cough adam corolla* just piss me off as much as I imagine it pisses off Doug. I'd like to see an entire seperate podcase just for the Len Malton game, where he can bring in guests who really WANT to play and are good at it and understand how the game works, and maybe mix it in with some audience members playing.

webster876
Aug 4, 2007
Holy poo poo, don't even get me started on Corolla's "I'm hot because I don't know i'm hot" on DLM. Haha yeah funny Corolla. Shut up.

Whoa, repeating that what like, 4 times now Corolla? Sorry the audience didn't laugh ANY OF THE loving TIMES YOU SAID IT. MAYBE ROLL THAT OUT A FEW MORE loving TIMES YOU OBNOXIOUS DOUCHE.

webster876
Aug 4, 2007

j8910 posted:

I'm assuming everyone here listens to "This American Life". There's a podcast (Kapser Hauser) that did a really funny parody of the show:

First parody

And another one

I had to turn it off because I was laughing like a lunatic in a public place.

Holy gently caress these are loving hilarious.

webster876
Aug 4, 2007
I know it's not a podcast thing, but I was watching Freaks and Geeks yesterday on IFC and finally caught one of the little Comedy Death Ray segments. I'd seen pictures of Hot Saucerman before, but never video, and he really doesn't seem like how I imagined him.

Also, Michael Cera is hilarious.
Michael Cera: "I'm asexual..."
*Hot Saucerman about to say something*
Michael Cera: "Wait for it... predator."

webster876
Aug 4, 2007
gently caress YOU, CBB!

Woofin' a woof woof!

But you only have one dollar in your bank account.
But I have four million bank accounts!
That's a lot of mail.
I refuse to go paperless.

webster876 fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jul 11, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webster876
Aug 4, 2007
gently caress the lumber mill guy is way more hilarious when there are two of them.
I had to stop listening when they got to the "Actually, his last name was Sjunior."
"Did your wife change her last name?"
"Actually her maiden name is Spieces."
"Patrice Spieces?"

First time i've been in tears laughing at CBB in as long as I can remember. Holy gently caress.

Also, gently caress you stashberry pie.

webster876 fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Aug 29, 2011

• Locked thread