Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe

Asterios posted:

I'm going to be on Jordan, Jesse, Go! in a few weeks. Any longtime fans have tips or suggestions on what to do (or not to do)?

If the show doesn't go well, don't draw a comic about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe

Asterios posted:

You should have seen their faces when I mentioned The Bunk's advice. I felt immediate shame.

Uh oh. I haven't listened yet but hope my dumb joke didn't cause too much awkwardness.

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe
For the record, I was misquoted:

The Bunk posted:

If the show doesn't go well, don't draw a comic about it.

:colbert:

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe

Poopy Palpy posted:

The Best Show ending was really helpful in this regard. :/

What, you didn't go back and start from the beginning? Luckily I just got a dog so I'm getting extra listening time on walks.

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe
https://mega.co.nz/#F!IhMUHSbT!bd9x_zzfj2lFfm8_dkvD_A

This is the most complete mp3 archive I've found. The guy posted it in a download forum on the Friends of Tom message board (which Tom frequents) & it's just mp3 versions of the shows available for streaming so I'm sure it's fine legally. All the segments that have been officially released on CDs have been removed.

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe

Borrowed Ladder posted:

In other news, I listened to Harris Wittels on You Made It Weird today and he really went in depth into his addiction. I remember him talking about it in that Analyze Phish one off, but I had no idea how serious it had really gotten. I'm also not sure when that episode was recorded versus this episode, but he's already been to rehab twice and he had graduated to heroin. And he almost went to Scientology rehab. Definitely check out the episode if you're interested in full disclosh with Harris.

Thanks for the heads up on this. I binged Analyze Phish a couple of weeks back and had been wishing there was more Wittels to listen to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe

greatn posted:

I'm a big fan of maximum fun podcasts and lately they've just had unending ads for their video experiment "Brain and Lindsay will totally eat that", which didn't sound like my cup of tea but since I like Jesse Thorn so much I went and have the pilot a shot. It's just... so bad.

I don't even know what the gently caress they were thinking, why they think this is a product worth pushing, much less something you'd actually pony up to kickstarter for. It's two twenty-something's being perky and stating the obvious " Boy this junk food is bad " for three minutes. Am I crazy and this is actually really good? I just feel terrible for everyone involved.

Sweet, any other old AV Club features I can pay to watch Maximum Fun recreate?

• Locked thread