Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
You Made It Weird is like a bizarro-world version of WTF. Both are excellent as long as neither of the hosts gets bogged down in their own respective neuroses.

I really like the 'no time-limit' policy when things are good. I wish Earwolf had more longer-format episodes where studio time isn't clearly scheduled. One of the best parts of UTU2TM was just how laid back everything felt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
The show has surprisingly little to do with U2 overall. The first episode sets the groundwork for quickly getting through the discography, but that plan gets abandoned when they keep getting sidetracked by tangents. One time they never got to reviewing the album and had to push it to the next episode.

They revisit the first episode in the season-finale commentary episode, which is insane.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Personal highlight of the show for me is the letter and misprinted t-shirts they got from 'Bono.'

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
There have been a couple unfortunate cbb coincidences. Harris' final episode and the Prince reference in the Tiny/Victor Apple song were both recorded before their respective deaths.

Scott fairly recently joked about getting replacements set up ahead of time for his dog Rocky.

There must have been something in the Eagles of Death Metal episode prior to the Paris terrorist attacks, but I'm kinda stretching for that one.

I feel like I'm missing one more major one, but I dunno.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
A lot of the time the unfortunate coincidences happen due to episodes being banked ahead of time, but the Harris ep was not very old.

If the cbb wiki is correct, it was recorded on February 11. Harris was getting ready to leave for NYC to work on Master of None with Aziz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
The Poundcast is underrated, but I always find it tough to recommend to people. It's so laid back that guests (who are also the hosts) tend to give up much more information than they normally would on a structured podcast. It's also very conversational, so it's tough to clip out good segments of the show to hook new people.

Doug is the editor/unofficial third member of Tim & Eric. He is responsible for the Awesome Show, Eric Andre Show, and Portlandia editing style that is copied all over the place now in alt-comedy.

Brent Weinbach is a stand-up comedian in the experimental vein of Andy Kaufman. He doesn't own a phone, hosts a videogame music podcast, and used to be a professional jazz pianist.

I highly suggest people watch their YouTube mini-series Pound House. There is nothing else like it. The less you know, the better.

• Locked thread