Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!

The_Rob posted:

He has also been on Sklarbro Country.

...and Never Not Funny. :colbert:

My friends and I were recently missing Walking with Michelle. I know it rarely updates, but it's an interesting podcast. Did she run out of places to walk? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!
But how was Comedy Death Ray? :v:

Can't wait for friday.

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!

King Lou posted:

I try not to comment on Besser too much because a friend of mine was the subject of his wrath in the NY Comedy scene a while back. (Basically said anyone who performed at this show he considered insulting to his friends on SNL was banned from performing at the UCB NY) He also had a really bad rep when I was taking classes at the UCB. I've heard enough horror stories about him from his former students to be guarded when he's performing. I actually liked the Kanye East thing because it was so over the top. However I didn't really get the Zuckerburg thing. It was just kind of random.

Aww, man. I actually like Besser for the most part, but it's disappointing when I hear something like this. :sigh: I was not impressed with Zuckerburg. Kanye East was ok, and I actually liked that british character he played especially during would you rather. Or shall I say "Would You Prefer!" Pardo-ism of the day, "I got a real nice charge out of it" :)

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!

The Modern Leper posted:

Stumbled into Never Not Funny just as they posted a "full" episode with Jon Hamm. Holy poo poo, this epic. Anyone have the Primo - is it guest-dependent, or is the 90 minute version always this strong?

It's well worth getting the primo IMO. It's guest oriented, but they almost never get too "interviewy". The Jon Hamm episode was pretty much all conversation and improv which made for wild laughter from my dumb rear end in my cubicle.

That being said, NNF sometimes has its clunkers like anyone else *cough*Greg Fitzsimmons*cough*, but there's always a good amount of funny in even those ones.

Edit: In other news, I cut loose The Joe Rogan Experience. It needs better guests because unlike NNF, Joe and his "Brahs" really can't hold their own. Maybe Joe could with a guest, Adam Carolla style, but he won't change the format. At least he's doing what he wants. V :( V

NecronSchmecron fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Oct 15, 2010

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

That's fine by me. I have no problem with people putting in some effort.

Exactly. I find a lot of those 2+ hour podcasts that don't have guests really could use some editing. Good on them. I've downloaded The Podcast Eating Contest but I haven't heard it yet. I got it based solely on the awesome name. :hellyeah:

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!

j8910 posted:

How was it? I've seen a life WTF, but never his stand up (aside from the albums).

I saw him when he was in Boston. His act is really great. He's used some of his material on his and other podcasts, so some of it may be familiar. However for the most part it would be new material you may not have heard before.

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!
So I finally listened to episode one of The Podcast Eating Contest. It's just as silly as the title implies. They pretty much have a loose theme or subject they stick to. It's very much all improve. Fans of improve comedy will like it. There are clunkers though that they still run with that can get mildly annoying, but they drop it fairly quickly.

Some people will get this, but I'd say these guys are like a bunch of slightly funnier and quicker Matt Belknaps from NNF. Matt Belknap as of late, not early "Defensive Man" Matt.

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!
For a halfway decent comedian, Eddie Pepitone just doesn't "get it" half the time. He seems to build brick walls when people improv with him. I like the podcast he's on, but he is a clunker machine.

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!

DangerDummy! posted:

Are you saying he needs to be a Yes Ander, and not a No Butter?

No, what I'm saying is that he can't believe it's not butter. :v:

How'd you like that poo poo "No, but"?

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!
I've had similar tragedy effect my life like Dane did. He still has a bit of an ego, but he certainly has changed his views a bit after his parents died. It was weird to relate, but it definitely changed the way I look at him too, though I may still not be a fan. Mencia still is and always will be a oval office, though.

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!

Conrad_Birdie posted:

I remember how brutal Marc was that episode because he had JUST stopped smoking.

Hey hey. He quit smoking long ago. He ditched Nicotine. I need to re-listen to those confrontation episodes. Cringe worthy, but fun.

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!

SKULE123 posted:

Paul Scheer and Nick Kroll is what I use to convince non-listeners, and this was the second one I'd list. Still, would love to delve deeper into CDR, so I echo big business sloth's request. King Lou seems like he might be on this. :)

"...My real name is, Raul Cheesecake Factory."

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Hot tub foot?

Hot tub foot.

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!
Eh, I gave up on Comedy and Everything Else a long while back. Todd leaving the show is actually what made me curious. I feel a lot of the episodes he is in is worth listening to, but it just got a little boring. I'm not huge into political discussion and when I do listen to SOME political talk, I'm not interested in hearing it from Jimmy Dore.

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!

The Modern Leper posted:

Picked up the primo NNF. Does anyone who knows the history know the guest that Pardo had on who was heinous? I'm listening to the episode with Greg Berendht, and he mentioned a guest (the only guest?) where audiences actually asked him not to bring him (has to be a "him") back.

I believe it was Greg Fitzsimmons. It was a pretty cringe worthy episode. Some people here liked it. I'm not a fan.

What up, primo buddy :respek:

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

We need some more Cyber Thug takeovers!

This. We need this right now, Mock Scockerman!

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!

bananasinpajamas posted:

I absolutely adored the Fitzsimmons episode of Never Not Funny, and I hate anyone that thinks otherwise :colbert:

But.. But I like YOU! :cry:

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

It blows my mind that Miles Archer is a white dude: http://www.earwolf.com/guest/sean-dickerson

My mind is blown good sir.

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!

redz posted:

God damnit the more Andrew becomes a part of the show the harder it's going to be. He is funny and always seems to be happy :(

It's rough. It's really rough. I almost can't hear anything before season 6. Almost... :unsmith:

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!
Actually, normally I'm not a fan of the two of them, but they were talking about topics of interest for me. There happens to be a movie related to this interesting topic. So they talk about it... There have been worse episodes of DLM.

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!
He can be So So to ridiculously funny on NNF. I don't think I've seen a lot of his act though. I'll check it later, for sure.

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!
Ok, I'll never say this to a comedian but I feel comfortable saying it here. Jon Daly pretty much isn't too funny without Nick Kroll, IMO. Never liked any of his characters, mostly cause they were boring. His Bill Cosby Bukowski was hilarious. Then he followed it up with a Boris Karloff impression of that ghoul had me floored. I'm back on board.

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!

soru posted:

Judge John Hodgman (the ep is Chili: Soup or Stew?).

I thought this was done on Jordan Jesse Go! a while back and it was determined to be stew.

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!

COMPUTER SECRETS posted:

New CDR went up early this morning and it's one of the best episodes I've heard so far. I had to pause it at work from laughing too hard. Heaven sounds so awesome.

I must say my opinion is the opposite of this. It was pretty boring for the most part. Scott should have gotten some people who can smoothly do improv if he's really so ill prepared.

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!

bananasinpajamas posted:

The guy's improv was horrific but hearing "pumping puss" over and over was pretty hysterical for some reason

I'll give ya that. Everyone pumping puss in heaven was pretty funny.

Sorry if Mr Gemberling is normally a "fantastic" improv guy, but if you don't think he was at least off his game today, you're wrong.

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!

CharlesWillisMaddox posted:

If someone hasn't listen to this podcast, do it.

The only reason I haven't checked it out is because I'm not a huge fan of Jesse Thorn (except when he's on NNF, weird) and someone here described it being similar to UYD. I really am not into UYD.

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!

Cast Iron Brick posted:

Yeah, if you don't like comedy, you won't like this.

Again, comedy's subjective. I definitely try to keep my opinion low here and never flat out poo poo on someone (unless it pertains to improv apparently :v:).

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!
Ah, ok, that's a better description of it and I might just check it out. I guess The Podcast Eating Contest is UYD-esque and I love the hell out of that (SOMEONE GET THEM TO STOP GURGLE BURPING INTO THE MIC!).

I may be wrong but I thought Jesse Thorn was a co-host on YLNT. He's from the podcast Jordan Jesse Go! and that slowly became more and more not my thing mostly because it just dragged.

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!

King Lou posted:

I really liked the Halloween episode. It was super childish. Especially all the cockenstein jokes. I also enjoyed Jerry Minor constantly shouting down the ear wolf app. Over all it may have been too long and that freestyle rap part could have been eliminated but whatever.

The only ghost rule is that GHOSTS RULE!

This is how I feel about the episode. However, I did enjoy the Rap part. I guess I just found it fun.

And Ghoul rules are different than ghost rules, apparently. I learned a lot about how the paranormal works. CDR can be educational. :D

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!
Just saw some of the dude's video. I chuckled at the burning question mark but nothing really else. Turned it off when he did the thing about the Japanese not showing a lot of emotion. In 2010, yeah, this guy is a bit hackey. Is his entire act racial humor? I guess some people are more into it, but I kind of get bored of it if it goes on too long.

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

Ahahahaha holy poo poo! For those of you listening to The Podcast Eating Contest: I'm Steve.

HAHA! That rules!

E: Are you also the one who mentioned the burps in an email last episode? Or was that an iTunes review?

E2: Have you made love to the podcast, yet? :v:

NecronSchmecron fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Nov 10, 2010

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!

HipGnosis posted:

Jon Hamm's interview on the free full length NNF was just astounding. I was listening to it at my desk and when they started doing their Cajun accents I was literally crying.

"You don't wanna hear bout' my gator egg omelet?"

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!

jyrka posted:

Tried to listen to WTF once and it was just a guy talking in a sports talk radio host's tone of self-important voice about how depressed he is. Just awful.

I think if you don't know who Marc Maron is nor enjoy his comedy, then you really are not going to like WTF.

That being said, I've seen his act recently and it was ace.

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!

King Lou posted:

:nws: http://www.sickandwrongpodcast.com/SWLOLchrists/SWLOLchrists.htm :nws:

Priceless comedy gems...

I'm usually open minded to comedy and peoples opinions on comedy, but just seeing this makes me think...

Song For The Deaf posted:

They're trying too hard.

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!
I honestly thought seasons 6 and 7 were fantastic. I do miss Andrew and to say it's a better format now is wrong. It is just funny in a different way. I thought Andrew on mic was fine, but his humor didn't mix with mine for the most part. It doesn't mean that his stories weren't interesting though.

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!

webster876 posted:

I finally started listening to The Podcast Eating Contest, and it was so-so, until episode 3, "Canada", when they all go into this bit of requoting Jurassic Park, but making it sound more Canadian, and I lost it at work. Then my bluetoof headphones died. So the rest will have to wait.

I lost it in the middle of a crowd at that one. Thankfully, I couldn't give a gently caress.

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!

The_Rob posted:

Well which cake bug? The regular cake bug or the cake scarab?

Well, as everyone knows, Cake Bugs are what give you the second sight. Cake Scarabs let you communicate with the dead.

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!

webster876 posted:

Do they ever stop burping into the microphone on Podcast Eating Contest? It's REALLY nauseating, and the fact that they think it's hilarious almost turns me off from the podcast completely.

This is my #1 complaint about it. they have good improv chops, though so I'm torn between unsubscribing and continuing.

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!
I know I sound like a broken record when I say this, but it's not JUST the burps in general. I've listened to Stern a lot back in the day and burps don't bother me.

They're drinking beer and they get those foamy DEEP burps. That's what makes me gag. Seriously, I've never gone from hysterical laughter to suppressing my gag reflex in my life, until now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

Eh, doesn't bother me.

You don't count, they had an episode named after you. :buddy:

• Locked thread