Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Everybody listen to My Brother, My Brother and Me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
This week's My Brother, My Brother and Me holy poo poo.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

SpacePig posted:

Spaghettagedon roped me in pretty well.

The Robin Williams riffing was unbelievable. I was driving home after a long trip, and tears were streaming down my face it was so unstoppably funny.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

-Atom- posted:

Anybody listen to Mike and Tom Eat Snacks?

You should if you like laughing.

Yeah, this show has been fantastic for the past couple months. It used to be one of those "I'll let a few episodes pile up and then listen to it when I have nothing to do" shows, but Mike and Tom have been infinitely funny since, like, episode 15. It's amazing.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Bunk Rogers posted:

Colin Hanks, I really want to like you but god you're dull.

I think he's really funny. He kinda reminds me of Tom Cavenaugh from "Mike and Tom Eat Snacks." Which reminds me, Tom Cavenaugh would also be really funny on CBB.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
As a fan of MBMBaM and as someone who could never really get into UYD, are "getting into dem guts" and "YA DONE GOOFED!" also UYD jargon, because both phrases I say a lot now because of (what I thought) was MBMBaM.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

t3ch3 posted:

Did someone say "up in 'dem guts"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwSN_hk7AGM

gently caress I love this song. Scott hasn't played it on CDR/CBB in forever.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I love the mounting tension between Samm Levine and Doug on the taped DLM episodes. Samm is quickly becoming one of my favorite guests on it, just because he seems to take everything more seriously than Doug, but Doug is still kind of dumb and protective of his own show. It is very entertaining.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Strange Matter posted:

That's probably the funniest in-studio episode DLM has ever done. I love how pleased Lennon and Ben Garant are about their catalog of terrible films.

I actually would like to have heard more stories from them about their experiences writing studio movies...It seems really interesting....I....I guess that's what the book is for...

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Transfatuation posted:

This week's My Brother, My Brother and Me went loving bonkers. Holy god.

Seriously. I thought the episode was pretty slower than usual, but then....holy poo poo.

Also listen to Mike and Tom Eat Snacks, people.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

GraPar posted:

There's a (shortish) TVIV thread about it. A few recommendations for best episodes in there - I'd probably go with Crowd-Sourced Character Contest as a personal favourite (and one requiring no prior knowledge). The best thing to do is definitely to start from the beginning because it's cool to see how things that become regular parts of the show just start completely by chance, but some of the first episodes are pretty rough, so it's kinda worth knowing how good it gets, just as motivation to get through them.

A later good episode to start in on is "Destroy-A-Toy." Strong premise with a great guest, doesn't get too "inside baseball" while still having all the main cast there. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the show, but was also totally overwhelmed at first (which I liked, but was still overwhelming). I'd cosign on starting around early 20's, really, the Presidental Debate is episode 19 and a strong start....You'll miss a lot of the rough early stuff but you'll still have most of the mythology and character-building episodes ahead of you.

It's a great, inspiring, hilarious show. I suggest everyone get into it.

Ugh. I just referred to TCGS "mythology."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Drunkboxer posted:

Was there ever a Last Podcast on the Left thread?

LPotL is my problematic fave. I love all the guys, Ben works for me because he is the more rational one to Henry and Marcus.

• Locked thread