Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Matt Cruea posted:

Stuff Weekly and This Week In The Apocalypse - Two podcasts kinda done by the same people. Stuff weekly is three people talking about weird, ridiculous news stories, though they often just devolve into hilarious chatter. TWITA is a show where, like, seven people discuss how humanity would fare against a certain type of apocalypse scenario. The first two episodes are okay, but it really gets funny around episode 3, "Robots."

These are both fairly new, but they're the only podcasts I listen to and I enjoy 'em!

Are these on iTunes anywhere? The Apocalypse one sounds really interesting but it's not letting me download on the site.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I can't really get into UYD. I listened to the first 40 eps, and there were a few really good moments, but something about their schtick I can't put my finger on that I don't care for.
Love CDR though. Best characters are Huell Howser, Jesse Ventura, anything PFT, as well as, in addition to, therefore, Bobby Bottleservice. If only there was a female version of him I could go on an adequate date with. Chupacabra is great too.
EL GATO!!!

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

habanero walrus posted:

How can you listen to 40 hours of a show you don't like? What is wrong with you.

Well I'm a delivery guy, so I like to have a lot of new audio. I heard UYD was funny, so I downloaded the first 50 episodes. My computer got hosed up shortly after so I couldn't get anything else, so I listened to those.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Holy poo poo. I just found a Merill Shindler video. James Adomians Impression is absolutely spot on.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

DangerDummy! posted:

The guys they get to do CDR are so freaking good. Cosby-Bukowski shouldn't be funny, it really shouldn't. Two of the hackiest things in the world are Cosby impressions and "why, this person shouldn't be cursing!?!" humor, but somehow Jon Daly and Nick Swardson made it awesome. And as filthy and sick and weird as I know Andy Daly to be, he still manages to get a "what the gently caress?" out of me whenever he's on the show.

Little known fact: The Addams Family started, when Uncle Fester farted. They all became retarded, The Addams Family!

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

King Lou posted:

That is a great bit although it really highlights what I hate about Tig Nataro's wrench throwing comedy stopping (which I already harped on.)

Hot tub foot?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Jimmy Dore's wife is intensely unfunny on the new DLM.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

soru posted:

You mean their passionate discussion of what's wrong with education in America wasn't hilarious?

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

Oh you mean Stef-AH-NAYYYY!? Hahah! I'll definitely listen to that tomorrow!

I really wouldn't have minded too much if it was just Jimmy and Doug discussing it, but she came off as desperate to seem as smart as Jimmy, and came off as just smug and lame.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

As she is a teacher in California it comes up a lot on "Comedy and Everything Else". I am totally behind the plight of underpaid teachers and against budget cuts on public schools. I'd consider myself a leftist, but they used to be insanely liberal pre-election. Jimmy tends to contradict himself a lot. I wish he'd stick to just being funny.

In the past couple of months they might as well have renamed the show "Let's Rant about Kyle Cease and Comedy Boot Camp", and I tend to think that the boot camp is a total scheme and Kyle Cease is a New Age moron.

Oh, I absolutely agree with a lot of what they are saying, but it doesn't make it entertaining to listen to.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

t3ch3 posted:

I suspect the reaction has a lot to do with her being a woman.

Are you serious? You honestly think people didn't like the episode because she is a woman?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Wow, I guess I haven't really noticed any anti female sentiment. I just thought she was really unfunny. I obviously can't speak for everyone, but some women, Garfunkle and Oates, Sarah Silverman, etc. have been some of my favorite podcast guests.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I wasn't crazy about them until they got Scott to sing Castle on a Cloud.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I finally started listening to WTF, so a couple thoughts on the ones I've heard.
-Robin Williams seems like the saddest person in the world. Not pathetic, just really unhappy.
-Something about Maria Bamford makes me have a huge crush on her, despite her being twice my age and crazy.
-Marc Maron is a good interviewer, but his pre-interview ramblings are kind of irritating.
-The first Mencia interview made me feel really bad for him, but the second one disgusted me and made me dislike him even more than I did before.
-Maybe it was the lack of nicotene, but Marc acted like a huuuge rear end in a top hat in the Dane Cook episode. I mean I'm certainly not Dane's biggest fan, but holy poo poo.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

It may just be that I my only experience with Robin Williams is his more manic persona, so him being so quiet and reserved made him seem kind of depressed. His riffing about the day after a bender at the end was really darkly funny though. I'd really like to hear more from him in that vein.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Those three shows are different in a lot of ways, but Comedy Film Nerds could definitely fit into that universe. I haven't seen it mentioned in a while but it's become one of my favorite shows lately, I love movie talk and the two hosts (comedians Graham Elwood and Chris Mancini) know their movies and are hilarious. If you haven't listened to it in a while the audio quality has improved immensely since the first few episodes, and they've really hit their stride in general. The rapport between the two is great, Graham Elwood is often punchy as hell and Chris usually ends up trying to to transition the show back on track when he spins off too far from the subject. Graham's been on a bad accent kick lately that I can't get enough of.

"Our first guest... gently caress!"

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I'd guess Tell Em Steve Dave as well, which totally deserves the spot because they are loving hilarious.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I ran out of MBMBAM eps today. I'm extremely dissappointed.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I'm listening to the CDR Christmas ep, and when Bret Gelman shows up it becomes the most batshit insane podcast ever.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Oh no! There's camel sugar in it!

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I just realized that the guys in Cracked Out are Bret Gelman and Jon Daly. Blew my mind.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

To anyone who quit on The Nerdist, I suggest you give it another shot. The last two episodes have been hilarious, and the Billy West interview was great.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Hey Lou, I finally got to the Raw Tops Breeders ep, and while it was pretty gross, I don't think it was even close to the horror of the vore forum and the bugcatcher forum. Also, the Vampire episode was one of the funniest episodes of any podcast I've heard in quite a while. You produce a great show.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Wyld Cannon posted:

I just listened to the Sarah Silverman eps of Who Charted and The Nerdist back to back and in both shows Lost is brought up and Sarah says, "There is like a hole in my heart from the absence of Lost". That's really cool, and it's not the first time I've heard someone repeat something on a podcast, but it's weird to think that you would say the same exact thing on a "broadcasted" show released in the same week.

And though I like Chris Hardwick, he continues to be a terrible interviewer. Anytime there's a lull he's like, "So how do you write jokes??"

Chris Hardwick is awesome when he's just joking around with the guests. But I like the Nerdist no matter what so yeah I have no idea how to end this post.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

He steals the youth of others I heard!

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Strange Matter posted:

The Nerdist with Kevin Smith is about the funniest episode they've done, so it's turned me on to SModcast and Jay and Silent Bob Get Old. Any suggestions on where to start with those two?

Terrorist Pizza is my favorite episode of Smodcast, but some other good ones are Beta Boys and the newest one, When We Were Young.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Kevin Smith rightfully gets a lot of poo poo here, but Smodcast, when its just Kevin and Mosier goofing around, is easily top 3 funniest podcasts imo. But when it turns into a big pity party for Kevin, it can be dreadful.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

You're a real gently caress, Bill.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

SamuraiPaul posted:

The Benson Interruption: The Podcast is available to buy on itunes but I don't know how to link to it. it costs 2 dollars and I'm totally down with buying this on a semi-weekly basis.

Is it any good? I remember the short lived AST podcast featured a few that were pretty funny.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Awesome, thanks.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I think this weeks MBMBaM was the funniest yet. Between Peepums nasty gum and French Stewart's agent, I laughed consistently throughout the entire ep.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I am struggling to get through Old Dogs. It's taken me an hour and 15 minutes to watch half an hour of movie.

E: I hate this movie.

Beef Jerky Robot fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jan 29, 2011

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Steve Slavery posted:

It is so bad, it's not even funny bad... you don't have to watch the movie to enjoy the podcast though

That's what I did for the first 2, but this was streaming so I figured I would enjoy the pod even more. I finally made it through the movie, so I hope it was worth it.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Nadine Hauklund posted:

Mike and Tom Eat Snacks is the best absurdist podcast I've ever heard. It's really, really good. Three episodes are up; looks like they are once a week - 10 days or so.

Walking With Michelle (not my podcast, but my sister's podcast, who does have an account and is therefore a goon) just got the rough cut of the latest show. It's Michelle and Maria Bamford at the Atlanta Aquarium. Subscribe now so you don't miss it!

Isn't this the second one she has done with Maria Bamford? Not that I'm complaining or anything.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

My friend told me that the Penny Arcade dudes do a podcast. I don't really know much about them, has anyone listened to it?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

krushgroove posted:

If you play tabletop RPGs the D&D podcasts with them were funny.

That's the one my friend was talking about. I'll give it a listen.

In other news, I started listening to NNF and I love it. Jimmy's voice is always hilarious to me.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Brock Samson posted:

Do ya like a nice pant?

I like a nice straight leg with a hard shoe. I don't mess around with a dungaree. And that's a nice piece of business. HA!

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Yeah I'm relatively sure Conan and Jimmy are somewhat close friends.
Now the Greg Fitzsimmons episode, that one was uncomfortable.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

King Lou posted:

Eh. See, I listened to his podcast and its too much like a morning zoo for me. Its even got the hyena characters who cackle at all his poo poo regardless of merit. I guess I prefer clever dialog and not a wall of jabbering with occasional worthwhile insights/jokes. I can't fathom why people pay for this, though. I accept my position in the minority on this position. Please forgive me.

We don't all have to like the same thing.
I like Jimmy because I will always find rapid 1920s-esq dialogue hilarious no matter what the source is. Also he once asked Reggie Watts if he kept tools in his hair.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I'm surprised they fired Scott Tabletop so fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

That sounds like a great show that will be cancelled after one season for the return of Mind of Mencia.

Yes, I am still bitter about Stella.

• Locked thread