Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Not a podcast, but Mash Up is on Comedy Central right now hosted by the best DLM guest, TJ Miller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

"@thomaslennon: CDR fans. Just got word from the Texas border patrol that Li'l Gary may have entered the state, despite their efforts. #hesnotfood"

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

j8910 posted:

Did anyone listen that episode to the end? You miss important information when you just fast forward to the plugs section.

To be fair, it is the best part.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Probably no one because goons aren't the only people who use the internet.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Riptor posted:

Was that James Adomian as Charlie Sheen and Martin Sheen? They were both dead-on, moreso the first one.

Chris Cox. He says his name at the beginning of each one.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Anyone else having trouble downloading Eardrop and Who Charted today?

E: Never mind, works fine now.

Beef Jerky Robot fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Mar 16, 2011

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Other than PFT, Scott Aukerman may be the funniest NNF guest. He's always so delighted with his own terrible jokes.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

New CDR, MBMBaM, a 20 minute Tompcast extrasode all in one day? And an early Mike Detective? What a great monday!

E: And a new Thrilling Adventure Hour and Nerdist!

Beef Jerky Robot fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Mar 29, 2011

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I'm gonna miss Comedy Death Ray.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

King Lou posted:

Just posted the latest episode of Lou Reads.

http://loureads.com/2011/03/31/lou-reads-a-forum-for-adults-who-love-my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic/

Won't you please enjoy it, please?

YES!!!!!

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Brock Samson posted:

Also, I'm planning on killing myself!

who the gently caress references firestorm seriously what a lame superhero

True story, I made a presentation in high school about fire storms and snuck a reference to the character halfway through. I got an A.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

JMBosch posted:

Andy Daly's great, and Nine Sweaters is an incredible comedy album. He's said, I think on either Jordan Jesse Go or The Sound of Young America, that his favorite kind of comedy is putting forward a friendly, white-picket-fence/idyllic 1950s sensibility, then gradually peeling it away to reveal increasingly more dark, depraved, and hosed up stuff underneath. It comes through in so much of his work, and I think the manifestations of it along the lines of race and depression are definitely shaped by Aukerman's sensibility on CDR. (He almost always tries to find the awkward, uncomfortable, or what no one wants to talk about, and focus the interview closely on that.)

Andy is also definitely amongst my favorite improv actors, right up there with Chad Carter and Sean Conroy, and is frequently on the ASSSSCAT! podcast, easily the best improv show in LA/NY. And if you want to be a crazy Andy Daly fanatic, try and track down a copy of his party game Mustache TV, or recreate it yourself. Andy used to package and sell the thing out of his garage. Essentially, it's just a novelty mustache that one player puts on the TV, then everyone watches and waits for it to "land on" various things and people's faces. You get points for what it falls on, and how well it lines up. Haven't played it, but it's supposed to be surprisingly engaging and hilarious.

I love how much of Don Dimello's backstory they fleshed out over the course of the latest CDR. I love the ridiculous characters even more when they have somewhat reasonable explanations for how hosed up they are.

There's an ASSSSCAT podcast?!?!

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Aaaaand that's another three days worth of content. Awesome.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

-Atom- posted:

TJ Miller killed it on Doug Loves Movies this week.

Think I may have to buy that two dollar live podcast or whatever he's hocking.

I think TJ is consistently the best guest. If only Doug could get him and PFT on the same ep.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

CDR is so great.
"I can tell by your name Scott Cockerman, you're clearly a human being."
"...well you've got me there."

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Furnace posted:

I was in the standby line for CDR last night, and managed to get seats on the stage, and who ends up showing up?

Whitest Kids u Know, Nick Swardson, Sarah Silverman, Chris Hardwick (who sat down next to us during his set, and asked questions to me and my fellow Canadians who had travelled to CDR), Chelsea Peretti, Amy Schumer, and loving Aziz Ansari. I had watched Aziz's Letterman interview, and he didn't repeat a single joke. He was testing out bits for his new special he's gonna record in DC.

And one of 2 Indians sitting on stage in the audience, Aziz pointed out to the first Indian and said "That brown guy is really excited!" then he looked at me, and said, "That other brown guys is SUPER excited and he's got a BEARD!" I was pretty much in heaven.

that and I had seen Conan earlier in the day and yelled out at Pardo that I love NNF while he was warming up, and he was very grateful. Then security told me to be quiet.

That security guy obviously wasn't a gentleman :colbert:

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

brainsforbrains posted:

That was hands-down the goddamned worst episode of CDR ever. The peudo-trolling deadpan Tim stuff in the beginning fell completely flat and I was dying for some character to come in for counterbalance. Who do they get as the second-half guest? loving Neil Hamburger.

The fundamental problem with this episode was that if you're going to have some kind of weird lol so random dadaist as a guest you have to temper them with someone a little more accessible; the resulting contrast is what makes for good comedy. I really hope someone got fired for that blunder.

I'm sure Scott Aukerman will fire Scott Aukerman for booking bad guests.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

brainsforbrains posted:

I'm with you on that one, and Tim Heidecker is equally unfunny in a different way. The whole thing was a disaster.

I'm well aware that Scott Aukerman runs the show and chooses the guests, I'd have thought someone with such a stereotypically goony username would get the reference.

Welp, I'm dumb. I haven't watched The Simpsons in a loooooong time.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

If you want a taste of really funny Neil Hamburger, check out the CDR stand up CD that came out it 07 or so. He has a great mini set.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

PFT on Who Charted!

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Eltoasto posted:

:colbert: Didn't know that he and Kulap&Howard were old friends. Who Charted is on a roll recently.

Literally everything PFT is on is fantastic. Why would you have doubts?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Throatwarbler posted:

His "celebrity" guests have been mostly pretty good. Ellen page is good, Elizabeth Shue was great.

Olivia Munn was a disaster though. She showed up late and was an unfunny moron. I don't understand her success, as she's not even particularly good looking.

When was Olivia Munn on? I don't remember that at all.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Kevin Smith says he edits the poo poo out of his podcasts, it'll be interesting to see how the shows are if he can't edit out every extra breath.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Adam Carolla is annoying, because he doesn't know he's annoying.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Nadine Hauklund posted:

Vienna, and yah, that's kind of why it didn't happen. She kicked the idea around but couldn't make it gel. Hard enough getting it produced when she's within striking distance of the production team, much less across the ocean.

I'm goading the poo poo out of her for a monthly show. Strike while the iron is hot and all. It's not the recording of it that takes so long, it's the production. The Maria ep was something like 4+ hours of good tape and it was murder cutting it down to 1.25.

I know there is a lot of interest from her friends to do shows with her, which is super cool. When I met Patton Oswalt last month, he said he wanted to do one, as long as Michelle was down for hanging out at the park pushing his daughter on a swing.

Is it Matt Belknap who produces her show?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

After listening to this weeks Who Charted, I am convinced that Paul Rust needs to have a podcast with Scott Aukerman where they spend an hour laughing at their own jokes.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

t3ch3 posted:

I was under the impression that Griffith Park was a pretty harsh scene on account of its rules against lying.

It's illegal I heard!

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Yoshifan823 posted:

First guest: Jimmy Fallon.

Nah, there wouldn't be any cameras to look directly into.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Mogambo posted:

Is there any particular MBMBAM episode people would recommend for new listeners? I tried to listen to an episode once and it didn't really grab me.

BRAMBLEPELT

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

King Lou posted:

Just a quick note that the latest Lou Reads is now live and direct. It is however SUPER NSFW...

http://loureads.com/2011/05/26/lou-reads-from-the-forums-of-cumonfood-net/ :nws: :nms: I am so sure people won't make it through this one that I put in words I asked people to use in the comments so I know you made it...

Also I haven't mentioned them for a while but my friends over at The Comedy Nerds are having a live streaming episode this Sunday. Its for their third anniversary.

http://www.thecomedynerds.com/2011/05/comedy-nerds-live-online-may-29th/

So if you are super bored and want to hear me and some other funny people jabber live on the web, tune in!

Holy gently caress that was gross. Also probably the funniest one yet.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

New Earwolf site is up. Featuring a Mon-Fri BOB DUCCA podcast, and a 1940s themed podcast, which I am kind of pumped for.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Scott said on twitter that all the new traffic is messing up their servers and it should be fixed soon.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

What I learned from this weeks Who Charted: There comes a time in every man's life when he has to tell a mermaid to step off.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Eardrop would be 10x better if they changed the number and didn't give the new one to Nick Thune.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Binowru posted:

Brian Posehn revealed on the Joe Rogan podcast that he's planning his own podcast that will be released through Earwolf. I'm... cautiously optimistic.

If it's an hour of him yelling in an exasperated tone I'm down.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Andy Samberg and Adam Pally on CBB. Gonna be a good show.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

The brothers prepare for their live show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca5DBnSc5F0

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Crazyweasel posted:

I never really like Paul F. Tompkins

Blasphemer.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Omgkittens posted:

Weird Al is also way to enthusiastic for podcasts. I like my podcasts to be more of a conversation, but Weird Al seems to shout everything he says.

I think that's just how Weird Al is. It kinda nice seeing someone who is just so happy all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

It's the finals of the tournament of championships. Plus it has PFT and Scott Aukerman, who are worth the 2 bucks by themselves.

• Locked thread