Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
It defies belief how James Adomian continues to top himself each time he comes on CBB. Everything Dov Charney said was purestrain hilarity.

"I'll put you in my magazine and rename you 'Belissa'. Belissa lives in a cloud, he likes blank vinyl records, sidewalks and he's a big fan of sliding."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Was the Cameron Bro character on a prior episode of CDR?

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Speaking of Ira Glass, him and Mike Birbiglia were good on Friday's live Adam Carolla show. I think that's the first time I've heard Ira Glass swear.
He made a cameo in a Daily Show episode. It was during one of John Hodgman's bits and in addition to cursing he was wearing a motion capture suit for a make believe video game. Needless to say, it was unexpected.

Also good call on We Hate Movies! I just finished listening to the Superman III and VI episodes and I'm on board. One of the guys actually sounds like Paul Scheer a little bit, but they actually have an intelligent conversation (while being hilarious) about what makes the movies bad instead of just mugging the microphone for an hour.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

The Modern Leper posted:

Also, Thomas Lennon and Robert Ben Garant are awesome on DLM.
That's probably the funniest in-studio episode DLM has ever done. I love how pleased Lennon and Ben Garant are about their catalog of terrible films.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Back on the Tigwagon, we need less Tig Notaro and more Jessica St. Clair.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

insideoutsider posted:

Any appearance of the Cake Boss after his first appearance will never be as good. I was talking about this with my friends who listen to the show, and it seems that the Cake Boss has gone a little too far in my opinion. I just wish he could go back to the days of complaining about what's happening in the cake kitchen and the deep dish pizza cake he made for Chicago mayor Richard Daley rather than thinking up new exotic comic book powers for him. But oh well, the show will always be hilarious to me.
The funniest thing Cake Boss ever said was that he was building a cake of R2D2 and C3PO playing billards and R2D2 accidently came to life because he used too much cinnamon and had to be destroyed.

The second sight stuff comes about because CBB is as much a game as it is a show, a game to test the improv abilities of guests, and Scott is shameless in his pursuit of further absurdity to push the characters to their illogical extremes.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Fake Edgar Wright was unreal.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Which episode of The Best Show features Four Loko? I've just started listening to this show, and I love it.
Its like the first or second week of December 2010, featuring minor television personality John Hodgman.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Marissa Wompler is still the best female character on CBB; maybe the only good one even.

"I was busy with several pool parties!"

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Civil posted:

I think part of Scott's shtick is liking unpopular unfunny things - plane breaks, banal catchphrase discussion, super long intro themes, plugs, Tig Notaro, etc.

He also despises things that are actually entertaining, like he does with Jukebox Jury and Jack the Lumberyard owner.
Jack the Lumberyard Owner is, I think, the third funniest thing CDR/CBB has ever done.

The second funniest is Bob Ducca's list of ailments.

The first funniest is iBrain.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Cacahuate posted:

Well... I don't know about you, but WHEN I GO TO QUEENS I HAVE A GOOD TIME!!!
I laughed at that not even knowing that it's supposed to mean.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Teepkick Shakur posted:

By has become do you mean literally was? You were conscious during the years 2006-2009 when he hosted a national morning zoo show yes?
Adam Carolla's morning show was one of the better zoos I'd ever heard actually. It had a sort of cerebral quality that a lot of other radio shows lacked, while still following most of the medium's trappings. I feel like he did try to make the show stand out from the rest of the background radiation that is morning radio.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Riptor posted:

Agreed, however he then turned around and did the exact opposite for the podcast; he turned it into the kind of show that drove most people away from terrestrial radio to begin with
That's why I had to stop listening to it, on top of the fact that it was becoming more of an echo chamber for his increasingly unpleasant opinions. The combination of the two made me quit, which sucks because I sort of grew up with Loveline.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Bro Dad posted:

Even if you haven't heard of The Smartest Man In The World or don't care for it you have to listen to the latest episode for Greg's very drunk surprise guest.
AUDIBLE~! FOR WHEN YOU DON'T FEEL LIKE READING!

Yeah that was the first episode I listened to and it was definitely a good start.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Didn't Sarah Silverman say that Harris Whittles writes the best jokes in the world and the worst jokes in the world, and can't tell the difference?

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Yeah don't feel pressured to start from the beginning of CDR/CBB at all. Basically feel free to just pick and choose guests that you like.

One particular favorite is the episode with Patten Oswalt and Brett Gelman. If that episode doesn't get you into the show nothing will.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Binowru posted:

Through the related videos, I found a YouTube account that has uploaded every Harris' Phone Corner. Rejoice/mourn as you will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qAAh91GJSM
But does it include Harris' Foam Corner?

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

ElCondemn posted:

I forgot to mention, August Lint returns in the bonus shows. He tried to kill himself in Hollywood but the authorities caught him before he could burn himself and the Hollywood sign.

Greatly enjoyable.
Is he on another three month vacation?

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Chunky Delight posted:

I like Mo Rocca but I don't think he is so nice you need to say it twice.

Speaking of female comedians that are funnier then Lisa Lampanelli, is Aisha Tyler's podcast any good?
Listen to the first episode with H. Jon Benjamin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
I've been listening to The Flop House (or: Words That Sound Like Other Words, The Podcast) constantly for the past few weeks. Having just heard the Season of the Witch episode, I now have a burning need to hear the episode where Elliot discusses the logistics of a Night Court reboot. Anyone know what episode that is?

Also I think I'm going to write a general Movie Podcast thread.

• Locked thread