Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Wish Patton Oswalt would start doing one, he's ususally a great guest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Katt Williams being a guest on WTF would be interesting just for the part where Maron asks him about the breaking and entering charge.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Asterios posted:

Apparently, Gallagher will be on the final episode of the Paul Goebel Show, recorded live at Bridgetown.

Hey, maybe he'll walk out like he did on Maron.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Kyle Kinane doesn't have one...yet. He actually asked his twitter followers about what they'd like to see on a podcast, other than a "moebius strip of the same comedians blowing each other".

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
And going off on 40 minute rants about young comedians using water bottles on stage, and how somehow that constitutes being a prop comedian and therefore makes them ripoffs of Gallagher.

He actually said that, by the way.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Do you like wrestling? I'd say just find a name you dig and start with that episode, it's a pretty solid show all the way so you can get a feel of it with a familiar personality and all.

The 100th episode with CM Punk is pretty cool, it's kinda a reverse thing where Punk interviews him and all, but really good because they're legitimate buddies so they have great chemistry.

Good Episodes: Kevin Steen (x2), Jake Roberts, Steve Corino, Excalibur, Luke Gallows, Kenny Omega, Daniel Bryan (featuring a very funny story about his attempt to get a great X-Mas gift for his GF back in High School), Rhyno, Daivari (featuring a really sad story about what Daivari did with his Summerslam payout for wrestling Hulk Hogan), and the second Cliff "Domino" Compton episode where talks about wrestling in Nigeria. And yes, the episode where Punk interviews Colt is really good.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
A lot of smoke and mirrors.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
It should be noted that I remember Patton Oswalt saying in an interview that people in the industry supposedly love Andy's blunt honesty about other comics; I guess if you meet 19 asskissers, the next guy who's straight with you is gonna seem pretty cool.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

rypakal posted:

What problems are there with it? How can comedy even be problematic?

The show is pretty heart-breaking sometimes, and if you were tuning in expecting something more typically comedic, I could see an issue there. That said, I think it's a drat good show.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Kinane was on Stop Podcasting Yourself today.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Do they ever discuss the fact that even though the show is about teens, the subject of sex is never really broached? I mean there's some obvious reasons why (Saturday morning show, Censorship, time period, etc)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Binowru posted:

That Andy Dick episode is unreal. Holy poo poo. I never thought I'd hear an interview in which Pauly loving Shore is the grounded voice of reason. I really hope Andy Dick gets the help he needs :(

Years ago, Pauly had a reality show about helping run the Comedy Store, and he seemed pretty grounded. I watched an episode and it wasn't bad. Didn't last long, though. Still I'd say the days of "Da Weasel" are LONG gone.

• Locked thread