Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Big O and Dukes - http://bigoanddukes.com/

They're back! I've been a fan since their days on WHFS, and I was upset when WJFK flipped formats last year, but they're up to their fourth weekly reunited podcast now and I can't wait for more. The first couple episodes back are kind of slow, and they talk a lot about their friends that aren't in the studio, but the chemistry between Oscar and Chad is very entertaining.

Check this out of you're a fan of funny talk radio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

Mt. Modular posted:

Also, I just want to say that after starting to tire of Doug Loves Movies over the past few weeks, the Swardson/Hardwick/Kroll show was a fantastic breath of fresh air for the show. It was funnier than the show had been in a while and all the guests interacted with each other really well. I've been convinced not to give up on DLM.
I know it's just a cheap pun, but I almost ran off the road from laughing so hard when I was listening to this episode and "Maid in Manhattan: Full Blown Maids" got mentioned.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Yeah, El Chupacabra showed up on Reno 911 multiple times. That's one of my favorite characters on CDR. Nick Kroll is awesome.

I'm still catching up on older episodes of CDR, but I love every appearance by Andy Daly. It's kind of a running joke that every one of his characters mentions suicide eventually. I hope that's not a cry for help.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
It's a pun. Ed Hardy. Hardy Boys. Ed Hardy Boys.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
I agree. Why have 3 guests on for a 30 minute show where you also have to take time to explain the premise? Nick Kroll got through like one joke before commercial.

It would work much better with fewer comedians, or in a 1 hour format. I'd love to see it live.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
I like Todd Barry's material, but his constant snorting into the microphone when he makes himself laugh is grating.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Everyone should check out Thrilling Adventure Hour if you already haven't. I loved Colonel Tick Tock's appearance on CDR last year, and the other characters are just fantastic.

I wish I were in LA to catch a live show.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Paul F. Tompkins could guest on a KKK white power podcast and I'd listen without complaint. :colbert:

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

Yeticopter posted:

Wait when did the new DLM come out? For some reason iTunes isn't updating, I just have the Swardson/Kroll episode.

edit: I guess it'll check for a new episode at 830, great.
The one from 10/29? He puts one out every Friday. You've missed 15 of them! You're in for quite a treat once you figure out your subscription problem.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

Strange Matter posted:

I'm about 20 minutes into the latest CDR and Marissa Wompler is already shaping up to be my favorite female character. Which to be fair is a pretty short list but nevermind. Is Jessica St. Clair actually 15 years old?
A guy I work with who also listens to CDR complained last week that they were paying too much attention to the 15 year old intern. When I assured him that was actually a character he started to enjoy the episode a lot more. Marissa Wompler has been great in both of her appearances on the show.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Andy Daly is on CDR this week, and it's great. Big spoiler: his character is a suicidal racist

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

I love Hodgman; seen him live a few times. I just, for reasons beyond rational explanation, cannot stand Jessie Thorn even for a second. I really wish "Were you Aware of It!?" was about an hour per episode.
I feel the same about Jesse Thorn, but he barely speaks except to swear in both sides, and his cadence kind of reminds me of Doug Llewelyn from The People's Court, so I can power through it.

Judge John Hodgman Rules.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Lil Gary is the best audience troll.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Hey Goon podcasters, this just came up on twitter: http://www.earwolf.com/blog/tippy-toe-project

quote:

Earwolf is working on a secret new project called “Tippy Toe”. If you have your own comedy podcast, we want you to get involved! The first step is to please complete this form by 4/18/11. We look forward to hearing from you!

P.S. Please do not send emails, only form submissions will be considered.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
I can't stand Brody Stevens. I keep giving him chances, and I'll listen to Who Charted regardless of the guest, but something about him just rubs me the wrong way.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Half the fun of CDR is in Scott loving with the improv characters. I love when he asks them to repeat something they said 20 minutes ago in the show, and when he focuses on the dumbest things that the character would rather just breeze past. He gives Andy Daly such a hard time sometimes, and Andy is a total pro.

And Li'l Gary is indeed delicious. Hilarious! I meant hilarious. He's not food.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
I bought his album Nine Sweaters this week just to support him for being so consistently great on CDR, and it's really funny. Several of the characters he did were later seen on CDR, but only one of them (life of the party guy) even mentioned suicide.

The suicide thing is definitely brought on by Scott. I don't remember which character it was, but early on in the show Scott started asking if he was depressed and Andy responded with something like "Jeeze, do you really want to get into that so soon?". And then on with the suicide plans.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
He robbed Bald Bryan of a spot in the Tournament of Championships too! That would have been great.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
I'd rather listen to Winnie the Whiny Baby from that live episode than either Tim or Eric.

Neil Hamburger is great when he's doing standup, but CDRR isn't the best venue for standup.

Scott was still able to save an almost horrible episode with Dead or Alive. I was hoping for another French Stewart callback.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
He went to a radio station to record a "15 worst songs" countdown for free. They did the whole thing, then told him after he left that they didn't actually record any of the hour he spent talking. Then he bitched to his assistant that his publicists gave him bad information. Maybe it's not riveting man-of-the-people stuff, but it wasn't horrible.

I don't know why I'm white knighting a literal millionaire, but if you don't like it, you can easily ignore it. I skipped the Breitbart episode because it sounded boring.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Jonathan Lipnicki will be on Doug Loves Movies this week. The little kid from Jerry McGuire. He's in his 20s now.

He's no Lithgow, but it's great when Doug gets people that aren't just his friends for the show.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
I posted in here about that back when Scott announced it on Twitter. Maybe that's what you're thinking of.

I really hope you get in, Lou. I loved your Tea Party stuff, and the My Little Pony episode you did made the word "pony" lose all meaning to my ear. I'm slowly working my way through more of your backlog. Keep it up!

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

Did anyone ever find him in Blade Runner?
Doug tweeted this last week: http://www.katu.com/amnw/segments/116507008.html

It's a morning show interview he did with TJ Miller, and part of it goes through his extensive filmography as an extra. They didn't mention Captain EO though.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Andy Daly does his Andy Daly character on this week's Who Charted? Podcast. I love that man.

I'd love to hear a Comedy Bang Bang episode with Nick Kroll, Andy Daly, Paul F. Tompkins, and James Adomian all doing all of their characters. 40 people in one studio. They could be their own We Are The World.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

SpacePig posted:

He can be funny, or make humorous observations, but every time he tries to interject himself in the "case", he just breaks up the flow of the podcast, and brings things to a grinding halt. I honestly don't mind him when they're clearing the docket or whatever, but during the cases, his attempts at spontaneous humor are just bsd.

I'd put up with any amount of Jesse Thorn to get more of John Hodgman's patronizing conversations with insufferable hipsters.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Now I want a full episode with Paul Scheer and Andy Daly having an improv-off. Paul is hilarious when his awful characters fall to pieces.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

CommunistMojo posted:

So Aisha Tyler has a podcast now and her first episode is with Jon Benjamin telling the greatest diarrhea story ever.

This was fantastic. There was a little too much set up at the beginning, but I'm sure that's out of the way now. I'll never hear Jon Benjamin's voice again without thinking of that story.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Scott Tabletop is goddamned hilarious on Who Charted this week.

It's unfair that we've had two episodes with Brody Stevens and only one with Paul F Tompkins. Twice the Brody is two times too much. I wonder when Tig Notaro will guest?

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

Peter North posted:

What's up with Brody Stevens as of late anyway? He had that huge breakdown that some thought was a bit at first but really wasn't. He's not doing comedy anymore ever since being in the psych ward? No podcasts, nothing?
I don't mean to kick a guy when he's down, but I wouldn't mind if he stopped visiting the podcasts I listen to. I never quite "got" Brody.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
The Dead Authors Podcast

H.G. Wells (Paul F. Tompkins) uses his time machine to interview Emily Dickinson (Andy Richter).

It's PFT being a fancy man in a rambling interview. What's not to love? It's a little slow in places, but it'll only get better.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Where do these Judge John Hodgman guests come from? A 47 year old man goes by the nickname of Pippin? Really?

I wonder how many normal people they weed out every week to talk to only the most insufferable.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

King Lou posted:

I dropped a new podcast at the podcastery yesterday for delivery to iPods.

http://loureads.com/2012/01/06/lou-reads-pokemon-vore-discussions-from-the-hungry-pokemon-forum/

Please forgive my poor pronunciation of the Pokemon names.
I had to give up listening to this at work less than 5 minutes in. There was no way I'd be able to keep from laughing while hearing about being forced to suck off a Charizard. Strong stuff.

I don't know how you do it, but keep them coming!

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

Hsien-Ko posted:

Has Earwolf said anything about the Rafflecast thing Jon Daly did a while back? It wasn't very good but I bet with some tweaking, Jon Daly could make an awesome podcast.

This was on Jon's twitter feed today

quote:

Guys, The #Rafflecast is back VERY SOON~If you have anything you want to be on it, email me here - rafflecast@earwolf.com - Love, Jon

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
He's quick witted, laughs easily, and completely buys in to the premise of whatever show he's on. He's one of the best free form improvisers on the podcast circuit.

What's not to love?

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
The Todd Glass Show is wonderful. It's some kind of experimental, long-form, stream-of-consciousness morning zoo.

I'm skipping around a bit and so far have only listened to the Chris Hardwick and James Adomian episodes, but I'm hooked.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
I just listened to the latest Todd Glass Show and it made me like Anthony Jeselnik. Usually I feel like he doesn't play along on other podcasts, but I was dying laughing the whole time. This show is a gem.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Ugh, I don't want to skip an episode, but I really don't like Tim & Eric. Hopefully James Adomian makes it worthwhile.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
I kind of want James Adomian to do a Dr. Gene Ray impression now.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
I love Todd. I'm going to the early Friday show in DC.

Vanilla Ice is going to be on How Did This Get Made talking about Cool As Ice. Can't wait!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

King Lou posted:

New Lou Reads dropped on Saturday. I've been having major tech headaches with my gear. Mainly relating to finicky external HDDs crapping out on me mid recording. Very annoying.

Anyway, here goes. http://loureads.com/2012/02/11/lou-reads-from-orgasmanic-a-forum-about-general-sex-masturbation-chat/

I think the next episode is going to be GBS related... Good stuff happening in there lately!
Great episode, but the NWS picture for the show that came up on my mp3 player made me nervous to listen at my desk.

Maybe it's better that I don't listen to you talking about people oozing while I'm working anyway!

• Locked thread