Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scylla
Sep 20, 2001

Indolent Bastard posted:

Film maker Kevin Smith; some hate him some love him, try his podcast and see which camp you are in.

http://www.smodcast.com/

The main Smodcast is good as is Tell 'em Steve Dave.

At this point I'd say Tell 'em Steve-Dave is much better than Smodcast. Episodes 12-13 (Makin' Hay I-II) are absolutely hilarious.

Edit: Beaten by Borrego! But yeah, check them out. It blows Smodcast out of the water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scylla
Sep 20, 2001

WoG posted:

Hmm, I might actually check this out. It didn't take long to get loving tired of Kevin on smodcast, but Bryan Johnson was easily the best guest. On the other hand, given that they both run comic book stores, they might only talk about poo poo I don't care about...

Nah, I love it and I don't give a poo poo about comics either. Won't be a problem, trust me.

Edit: Just skip to 3:45 if you don't want to hear Smith yap about that street hockey tournament.

Scylla
Sep 20, 2001

benito posted:

My iTunes is downloading podcasts right now, and I see there's a new Tell 'Em Steve Dave. That is 3 hours 40 minutes long, presumably the last installment of agonizing analysis and arguing over the Houston show.

I like the fact that podcasts can be flexible with time--they don't have to hit a precise 30 minute or 60 minute limit, but I think 220 minutes is kind of ridiculous, especially on such a pointless topic. But I'll probably listen to the whole thing later this afternoon...

The last hour of the podcast is the actual Houston show.

Scylla
Sep 20, 2001

Holy Christ, the latest WTF with Dave Foley (ep. 146) is depressing as gently caress, especially towards the end.

Scylla
Sep 20, 2001

SlaveToTheGrinds posted:

Couple of details please, I listen to this at work for the laughs and love him because of the interesting insights I don't want to feel suicidal though (he does tend to get really dark sometimes). Need to know if I should save this one for later or not.

Actually most of it was fine and/or funny -- it only got depressing when (in the last 20 minutes or so) he started talking about his 11-year marriage to an absolutely crazy bitch who's still bleeding him white, even years after he divorced her.

Scylla
Sep 20, 2001

FYI, the latest Hollywood Babble-On (Jon Lovitz sitting in for Kevin Smith) and Smodcast (no Mozier this week, so they played old interviews [Smith and Mozier] during the release of Clerks) are very good.

Scylla
Sep 20, 2001

Vigilantly Vigorous posted:

Out of the episodes I've listened to I haven't laughed once at WTF.

Doesn't mean it's not great, though. (but I get what you mean)

Scylla
Sep 20, 2001

Snowy posted:

Anyone listen to Puck Nuts? I kind of hate it when Bryan isn't on because it actually becomes a hockey show. When it's an extension of Tell Em Steve Dave it can be good. Just Ming and Sunday Jeff though, like this week.. ouch.

Completely agree. I also love TESD, but last week's episode (with Walt spewing crap about God and Stephen Hawking) kinda pissed me off. Hopefully it'll be better this week.

Scylla
Sep 20, 2001

I agree completely, the first 3-4 seasons were the best. It's still very good now (been a premium member for the last 4 seasons), but the quick back-and-forth was better then (in my opinion).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scylla
Sep 20, 2001

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The Dave Holmes story has to be heard and is entirely worth the one dollar you cheap bastards. Like explaining the story just demeans how loving amazing it is. If it helps I will say it was from his time as a VJ for MTV.
Alright, I'll check it out. Do you have a link? I wasn't able to find anything.

edit: Thanks!

Scylla fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Apr 13, 2015

• Locked thread