Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

You say you want a revolution
Have Greg Proops and Mo Rocca ever done a thing together? Because that would be the nasaliest awesomest thing ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

jyrka posted:

And The Office is of course the best thing Ricky has ever done.

Has nobody seen Extras? To me it's way superior.

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

Maarak posted:

I must just be dark/bitter as hell, as I dig Pepitone, and I dug this recent CBB. I have to admit that it wasn't a particularly strong one, but far from worst.

I was definitely lukewarm on the character but I gotta say, Patton is always such a great guest because he's always asking characters questions and trying to unearth more comedic potential from them. Didn't work out so great this time, but I appreciate the effort.

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

Ograbme posted:

Has CBB done a Would You Rather lately? I don't like most of the characters but WYR never failed to make me laugh.

I think they did one on the episode before this current one, no?

MBMBaM: I can't decide whether I love or hate the way Justin pronounces "modern" at the top of every show.

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

Just listened to The Smartest Man in the World episode "Caves." It's amazing how Greg Proops can kill so hard at a comedy festival by just rambling without a set or anything.

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

This was a few weeks ago, but TCGTE's "Hamburgers" episode was hilarious. I love their stories so much.

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

Elizabeth Laime's appearances on CBB and DLM are, uh, not making me want to listen to her podcast. Does anyone listen to it?

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

ahhh iTunes won't let me download podcasts! "An internal server error occurred." This for all my podcasts, even after I've restarted the computer a couple of times. Ideas?

edit: oops, not all podcasts. Just most of them. Which is even stranger.

dancehall fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jan 7, 2012

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

Nothing Great posted:

Anyone else not able to download any podcasts lately? Every single one of the 9 I regularly listen to keep giving me a libsyn page with "The information you requested could not be retrieved." Googling that brings up a bunch of posts from around the web circa March of last year, but nothing recent. Everyone else seems to be getting them fine. I even installed iTunes but nothing downloads, I get err = 500. Sent an email to libsyn support, dunno what good it'll do as everyone else seems to download them just fine. Been trying them all off and on since Sunday.

Uhh Yeah Dude
Comedy Bang Bang
Walking the Room
Stop Podcasting Yourself
The Complete Guide to Everything
Mike and Tom Eat Snacks
Doug Loves Movies
WTF with Marc Maron
Mohr Stories

None of them work for me. Anyone know of any mirrors, or would be willing to upload some/all of these somewhere, or would that be :filez:?

Yes, see my post above. Still won't work for me. WHAT IS HAPPENING

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

I also can't dl MBMBaM, TCGTE, Savage Love, The Skeptics' Guide to the Universe, The Smartest Man in the World, etc.

working fine: This American Life, The Moth, Back to Work

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

KING OF BLOGOSPHERE posted:

The problem is that you can't connect to libsyn which hosts all of the shows you can't download. So either its your ISP or libsyn is blocking your IP/IP range for some reason (which seems unlikely).

What happens when you visit each of these links:

http://comedydeathrayradio.libsyn.com/
http://traffic.libsyn.com/comedydeathrayradio/CBB_139_MAIN_ODENKIRK_HUSKEY.mp3
http://libsyn.com/3/alt-index.php

Try running this in the command line and then copy/pasting the result here:
tracert comedydeathrayradio.libsyn.com

(To do this, hit Windows Key + R, type in "cmd", then type that, then right click and hit "Mark", then select the whole thing)

If you're on a home network you should unplug your router and modem for a couple of minutes to reset your connection.

Looks like you're right. In the first link I can read text but the images are broken and can't download any of the mp3s, 2nd one gets an error, third seems to work fine.

quote:

Tracing route to comedydeathrayradio.libsyn.com [204.16.242.153]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 2 ms 1 ms <1 ms [network name] [192.168.33.1]
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 36 ms 8 ms 12 ms ip72-219-223-197.dc.dc.cox.net [72.219.223.197]

4 9 ms 13 ms 10 ms mrfddsrj02gex070002.rd.dc.cox.net [68.100.0.145]

5 10 ms 10 ms 9 ms 68.1.4.133
6 16 ms 16 ms 15 ms as20326.ge-0-0-32.ar1.iad1.us.nlayer.net [69.31.
31.30]
7 16 ms 17 ms 16 ms ae24-v1000.agg1.pit1.teraswitch.com [74.118.136.
6]
8 17 ms 17 ms 16 ms 204.16.242.153

Trace complete.

Reset the router and modem but problem persists...

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

I dunno if this is old news to you guys but Roderick on the Line is great. It's another Merlin Mann show, but instead of talking with other uber-geeks (cf. You Look Nice Today, Back to Work) he chats with burly alpha-male rocker John Roderick, who's not afraid to tell him "there's nothing wrong with you that a couple of asskickings wouldn't solve." It's a nice dynamic.

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

dog poop n doritos posted:

Puffknuckle?

Dirtbelly.

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

I really loved Forgeticus.

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

Any Hodgman haters should check out this music video wherein he gets beat up good http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYyu5vbwvbA

(okay okay it's really more for Hodgman lovers)

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

Sweet Jesus I just made my way to ep 14 (Big City Apology) of Roderick on the Line and I've been cracking up for literally an hour. I'm telling you guys, get on this podcast

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

HateTheInternet posted:

:siren: Brand new You Look Nice Today just dropped :siren:

SQUEEEEEAL

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

I dunno, started listening to Throwing Shade and not finding myself laughing. Does it get much better as it goes along?

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

Latest Pod F. Tompkast was a particularly good one IMO. I'll never cease to be charmed by the way he cracks himself up.

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

Doctor Candiru posted:

He's forced to play the straight-man role on CBB. In other environments -- for example, the last Doug Loves Movies Christmas episode -- he's really funny.

He got one of the biggest DLM laughs ever from me when he gave a dubious film in Build A Title and Doug challenged him to describe it and he was like "...it's SO great!"

In other news, My Brother My Brother and Me and The Complete Guide to Everything BOTH mentioned singing "Birdhouse in Your Soul" at karaoke in this week's respective episodes. what does this mean :stare:

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

I gotta drop in to recommend Kevin Smith's new podcast "Fat Man on Batman." Especially if you love the animated series. He just did a great, LONG two-part interview with Mark Hamill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

Do any of you guys listen to Ten Ideas? I've really enjoyed the few episodes I've heard. Hosted by two guys, who each take turns presenting an idea for something that should happen/exist, from the outlandish to the kinda actually sound, and explore the ramifications of them, often with a bit of improv roleplaying. They have great banter and amusing voices and crack me up pretty well.

edit: for example, two of the ideas recently were "supermarket tunnels (instead of aisles) that make use of the ceiling and the floor to stock items" and "fish taking vacations on land."

dancehall fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Nov 20, 2013

• Locked thread