Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".
http://blog1.joerogan.net/?feed=podcast
Beaten on the Joe Rogan podcast, but I have the RSS link. Super funny, but I tune out when he's talking about MMA. Dig through the archives to find the episodes with Joey Diaz, that guy is funny as gently caress.

http://feeds.theonion.com/theonion/radionews
The Onion. Short and sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

"Yeah, I mean c'mon! I'm sick of this 'swiper no swiping!' what the hell? I used to play football! My dad never came to my games, but I'm not bitter! Hey legitimate movie star, I made a movie once! Maybe you've seen it. Let me tell you about the ins and outs of the movie biz... Hey! My personal friend that I hired as a producer: quit loving the show up/close the door I can hear you/ p.s. you're a Jew! Let me tell you about how I hate Mexicans, and in particular the Mexicans I hire to do my menial labor. Hey famous guest, did that make you feel awkward? Did I mention this whole show is taking place in a garage full of my sweet cars that I own? Let me tell you all about cars whether you like it or not. Here's where I bitch about how I hate Los Angeles. How many times can I say 'swing a hammer' so people know I was once a working man? You guys know Dr. Drew right? Let me talk poo poo about him. Has is been 15 minutes since I told everyone I was on TV? Oh yeah, my kid's a human being. Since I once worked construction I feel I have open license to be a racist douchebag. I was on Dancing with the Stars and they just didn't understand my genius! Oh, famous guest, that's an interesting story/topic/idea, let me put the brakes on the whole show to tell you I know how to hang drywall or frame a door or fix a carburetor like I'm the Patron Saint of Screwdrivers."

Did I miss anything? Oh Yeah...

"Adam & Eve and audible.com because they don't sponsor every other podcast ever"

Also: boxing. But that's already a beautiful summary.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

I'm right there with you. I'm not an MMA freak (though I do watch it), but the show can be really loving funny. When Joe does Joey it's pretty hilarious, and despite being a weird stoned nerd Brian can be pretty funny sometimes.
I can't stand MMA, so I space out during those sessions, but I still like the podcast. Redban says some outrageous poo poo sometimes, like when he's talking about how he likes to throw his loads on the walls when he's masturbating in a hotel. He can't believe that none of the other show hosts share his disgusting habit.

If I see an episode has Joey Diaz, I'll always listen to it. That guy is amazing, if it was him cursing for 2 hours straight, I'd listen to it. Joe has credited him as being the funniest guy he knows, and I agree. If you've ever seen his standup, it's raunchy as hell, but I actually like him better just hearing him talk during the podcast.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Doug wanted to have seven audience members go against TJ in one round of the Len Maltin game, but to fit that many into a 45-min episode, TJ would need to basically keep the bullshitting and ad-libbing to a minimum, which Dough apparently told TJ backstage. TJ then proceeds to do exactly the opposite, and just is talking and talking as much as he can (although his Yogi Bear stories were pretty funny), and Doug gets angry and yells at him for doing specifically what he asked him not to do.
TJ was an absolute cock to Doug, almost the whole time. He was taking shots at every opportunity, and most of it wasn't funny. It ended up ruining the episode for me.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

http://feed.podcastmachine.com/podcasts/5841/mp3.rss

Joey Motherfucking Karate Coco Diaz has his own podcast along with some chick called Beauty and da Beast. If he's half as funny as he is on Joe Rogan's podcast as a guest, it's going to be gold. I downloaded a few episodes to listen to on my commute tomorrow.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Borrego posted:

Thanks for this I love me some Joey Diaz. Looking forward to listening.

I've listened to a bit, and it's just not what I was hoping for. The girl (Felicia Michaels) just doesn't compliment him very well. Joey is still funny, but she isn't, despite being a comedienne. He needs to lose her and pair up with another guy who wants to get down and dirty.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

webster876 posted:

gently caress you, CDR.

"My real name is Raul Cheesecakefactory."

Edit: "Do you like all the fluffy goodness of cake with all the meaty beefness of steak? Try Scake!"
This was the first time I was able to enjoy CDR. I usually give up 5 - 10 minutes in if the episode isn't doing it for me.

Do they have Chupacabra-like characters on there often? If so, I'll start giving it more of a shot.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

jyrka posted:

gently caress. That's some freaky poo poo right there. Half the stuff they say I can sort of see being right but then there's some stuff that's just retarded. I don't know.
Joe is a little too willing to buy into conspiracies. Look for that youtube clip that they're talking about (armed forces helping to grow opium) and you'll see they're spinning it to make it more sinister than it is. Add in that he's stoned out of his gourd and eyes are half shut, and he's not doing much to convince anyone that he should be taken seriously.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Grant DaNasty posted:

I used to love listening to that show when it was on Eyada. I think the best part was the audience participation.

To anyone not familiar with the show, on Fridays they would do "This isn't Phone Sex You Dumbfuck". They had their listeners go out into chatrooms around the internet pretending to be girls wanting to have phone sex. The listeners would then give the guy the phone number to the studio, where Dan and Scott would have a girl or their producer talk to and have phone sex with the guy. Then right as the guy is about to climax, they bust in with Star Wars sound effects and tell the guy he's been live on an internet radio show the whole time and basically make fun of him. How was that even legal?

That sounds hilarious. Are there audio archives of this somewhere?

When I'd searched for a Phil Hendrie podcast, I found this - some guy had taken classic bits that he liked and put them up in podcast format. This is pretty much exactly what I'd want. Unfortunately, they sicced lawyers on him, and he had to pull the whole thing down.
http://www.philhendrieshowfans.com/flashback/

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

brainsforbrains posted:

I resisted plugging my own podcast for a while, but what the heck. My associates and I have our first episode of Netdix in the can (just like your mother likes it). If you haven't guessed by the name, ours is a podcast in which we watch movies on Netflix's streaming service and then we are dicks about it. Since we're just starting out, some constructive criticism is encouraged and appreciated, as well as snide remarks, trolling and even flat-out insults and threats. Get in on the ground floor, people! :toot:

Currently hosted on goon-operated Tindeck.com

Do you have an RSS feed for it?

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

King Lou posted:

Todays CDR is loving hilarious. Bill Cosby-Bukowski is awesome!

For some reason, Cosby impressions hit me in just the right spot. Which Huxtable is Fuckable had me in cramps on my drive home.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

For sure. If you can, try to track down Birbiglia on This American Life. His story on sleepwalking is insane. In fact, I think the current TAL episode "Fear of Sleep" features that one if I'm not mistaken.

e: found it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU2KRBh1MOA

Speaking of TAL, it's a terrific podcast, even if it's not often related to comedy. I'm having an issue with it, though - I use Google Reader / Listen to listen to it, and the last couple of episodes haven't shown up. Anyone else have this problem?

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Adam Carolla's show/interview with Mike Rowe is terrific. I prefer the show style episodes, but this was gold.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Joey Diaz kills on Rogan's podcast, the fetish club story had me in cramps. Too bad his own podcast is dragged down by that chick.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Rubber Biscuit posted:

Good stuff, but this thread has kind of developed into 'let's discuss new episodes of the same 2/3 podcasts'.

Whoever suggested The Podcast Eating Contest, thank you so much for that. :)

This has been a solid addition to my stable of podcasts. Even if it's just a few guys loving around, they make a pretty entertaining show.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Something about discussion of iphone apps, system updates and angry birds in heaven struck me as hilarious. I felt like a dork in the elevator this morning, stifling laughter as co-workers stared at me.

The gimmick of seeing what an ad-libbed character can generate and recall shouldn't be nearly as amusing as it is.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

There was a guy recently on Rogan's podcast that did a pretty good Ice T. It was funny because he actually said "Nobody impersonates Ice T". Also, he did a Morgan Freeman that blew my mind. No word on whether or not he does John C. Reilly.
Do you recall which episode that was? The latest one?

I've got so much poo poo to listen to, probably half or more doesn't get heard.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

The american flag do-rag had me almost doubled over.

I can't listen to this poo poo in public, the constant giggling is embarrassing.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

I didn't know anyone thought the len maltin game was the high point of the DLM podcast. It feels stale to me after this many episodes. I wish he'd find another game besides that and the head-tail movie name game.

The banter is usually the thing that I like. The game feels like a crutch.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

NecronSchmecron posted:

Bob Ducca on CDR radio today! Oh, man.
Straw......Blue.......Dingle

I was busting up so hard. He was killing the other guys in the studio, too.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Kosher man posted:

Cyber thug #2 had me cracking up. When they did a it gets better PSA for bullies I had to stop working for a min. That and Jerry reading Ghostface killer lyrics in the whitest voice he could muster.

The actual Ghostface impressions were really good! Sounded almost just like him. The food references were hilarious.

Also - Joey Diaz KILLS on the latest Rogan podcast. Lots of talk about drugs and getting sex at age 12, and dancing in his underwear for his mom's friends. Redban asses out, but it's still funny. I could give a poo poo about Joe's conspiracy theories or MMA, but god drat, does Joey Diaz carry the episode. Too bad that his own podcast isn't very good, thanks to that unfunny chick he does it with.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

He went off on the progressive tax scale when David Cross was a guest one time. David said he didn't mention paying extra taxes since he was doing so well. You could just hear David nodding until Adam was done ranting.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

He sounds like a libertarian more than anything else. Regardless, he should keep politics off his show, because he's just not good at it, and comes off like an idiot discussing it.

I still like his show, I just tend to ignore most episodes, since he suffers from broken record syndrome. But he is a legitimately funny guy, and his show is one of the better produced ones available.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Wouldn't the "what am I thinking" answer to "Craig T. Nelson" and "Joel Hodgson" (after bringing up MST3k) be "Mike Nelson"? It's so obvious!

Not the best CDR, but Harris's Phone Corner had me dying. It wasn't even funny, but goddamn, was I busting up.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

NecronSchmecron posted:

That's James Adomian. A lot of us at the office started feeling this way about Huel Hauser, too. I still like hearing him sometimes though. :3:
I knew who Huell Howser was, but had never actually seen or heard him until I did some youtube research, and it's an excellent impression.

There's a great clip of him running defense with a border cop as a migrant sprints into the US.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

The Banned posted:

So, don't want to poo poo up the thread any more than I have, but things with Nainan got even weirder. I put it all up on my blog, if anyone is curious:
http://dearnotabby.tumblr.com/

You're being kind of creepy. Let him be an unfunny dick and leave it alone.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

bananasinpajamas posted:

Anyone who doesn't like Paul F. Tompkins needs to :frogout:

Speaking of, he released another extrasode this week on the Tompkast: Cake Boss Answers Christmas Questions From Kids
For me, he's one of those guys who shines in a group, but his own podcast is just kind of stale.

His extrasodes where he does characters are great, though. Ice-T's pyramid scheme was golden.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Podcast Eating Contest has some great songs in their xmas episode. Really good. 'Baby it's cold outside' had me almost doubled over.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Huell Howser icing gooks while listening to CCR was a thing of beauty.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Burb posted:

I've been listening to Joe Rogan podcasts alll day at work this week, and I'm really enjoying them. He's actually not as much of a conspiracy theorist as I thought he was from his twitter posts, and I like his guests. I already loved his standup and this podcast is making him one of my favourite comedians overall
I used to listen to every episode, now I only listen to the ones with Joey Diaz.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

The Modern Leper posted:

Do we know for a fact that that's Gallagher? I can't imagine that he knows what Twitter is, much less feels that his audience would've benefitted from a Twitter feed.

That feed is pretty much exactly the same bile that he spews in his act. I doubt many of his 94 followers actually buy his schtick, and he's repeatedly trolled for his poo poo.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

ALFbrot posted:

I also hate that it would mean that CDR would no longer be available to Zune users without having to download in iTunes and then manually add the audio files to the device (barring Zune modifying their infrastructure to allow the pay-per-episode feature)

I wouldn't be able to listen either, using Android with a podcasting app. If they went pay, I'd probably just catch up on other podcasts instead. It would be nice if they'd just go the sponsor route instead, you'd figure that Comedy Central, or some related venture would be happy to get a commercial or two on there.

For DLM, various dispensaries could sponsor the show.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

If anyone unsubscribed to Podcast Eating Contest because of the belching, give it another try. They seem to have ceased it completely, and are making consistently funny shows. Rucky Bager had me cramping up, and their reboot game is one of my favorite podcast games anyone plays.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

redz posted:

He still says it in every episode, it never went away. Isn't that the joke?
The whole gimmick is getting really stale, though. A couple minutes discussing this catchphrase at the beginning of every episode. The Hot Dog character was the only funny thing to come out of any of it.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Groucho Marxist posted:

Eardrop seems perfect for more Bob Ducca

I'm hoping to hear a message from rapper and actor Ith-T.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Bro Dad posted:

Apparently Carlos Mencia has a podcast now :psyduck:

This will totally end well.

It is not a good podcast (big surprise) - I had some time this afternoon and listened to 20 minutes of the most recent episode.

He's trying to copy the comedian with buddies format, and it just falls flat. He's not funny enough on his own to make this work. And of course, Mr. Ed Holness tries to really mex it up, and it just comes off poorly.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

I am not on board with Lil Gary. Is there an episode I missed where he was particularly brilliant? Most episodes he just comes off as unintelligible and grating. However, most episodes with Andy Daly, Nick Kroll, Paul F Tompkins or James Adomian are just by default going to be great by virtue of the characters.

Also: The Pod F Tompkast needs to drop the Jen Kirkman conversations.

From the Rogan side, the latest is a Joey Diaz episode, so it's automatically 10x better than his usual Jiu Jitsu / MMA-themed podcast.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Don Dimelo had me in cramps this morning. I can normally listen to CDR while walking into my office, but I was laughing so hard that I had to kill it before getting to the building. Holy poo poo. Kind of a waste of Patton, but whatever. Don/Andy had all 3 of them losing it during the show.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Adam Carolla has Jesse Ventura and it was fun to listen to. Jesse talks a little about conspiracy stuff, but mainly focuses on SEAL stuff, which is pretty cool to hear about. He also talks about his father/son outings, which are hilarious. The funniest part of the show is the end where Adam is doing his commercials, since Ventura keeps saying "I don't use a cellphone. I won't use a computer. I don't travel because I'm suing the TSA." and loving up the pitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

substitute posted:

Andy Dick on today's WTF. He's such a hosed up individual, but so entertaining.

His own Shed Show / poo poo Show podcast is strangely riveting. He's a very honest person, and even though he's done lovely stuff, you feel for him.

• Locked thread