Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

The_Rob posted:

That is her whole loving shtick man. Have you never heard Tig's comedy before? Did you not hear Kevin Nealon talking about how dry her humor is? I am pumped for Cyber Thug Radio being a full show now. I love Jerry Minor.

I know thats her schtick and mine is not enjoying it. Not only is she dry, which is fine, but she is an active roadblocking, comedy stopper. She steps on other peoples jokes, breaks reality and so on and so on.

Todd Barry is dry but he plays along. I've seen him live plenty of times and the guy is pretty god drat funny. He, David Cross and John Benjamin used to do a live show here in NYC called Tinkle and it was great. They were all great. Anyway... She just drives me nuts. Even her "Good One" robot is basically like making GBS threads on every joke people tell on that show...

She tells a good story but she should leave it at that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

I will swallow my Tig rage... for now...

These are the nominees for the Podcast Awards Comedy Award for Comedy of the Comedy Variety (in no order, yet)

Adam Carolla Pod Cast
Big O & Dukes
Comedy Death Ray
Funemployment Radio
Jim and Them
Tell 'Em Steve Dave
The Absolue Peach
The Jersey Jerks Show
The Mike O Meara Show
Trailer Pod Boys

Voting starts Dec 1st - 15th...

Uhh Yeah Dude is in the Peoples Choice section, Doug Loves Movies is in Movies, WTF with Marc Maron is under Mature. Sadly Lou Reads is not nominated...

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

Anal Volcano posted:

The CDR charity auction is loving nuts. Private stand-up lessons, co-host CDR, Sklarbro, or Pardcast, get a role on Children's Hospital, and a loving private Pixar tour aaaaaaaaa

Basically this all makes me wish I had way more money than I knew what to do with so I could buy everything

Agreed. Looking at those prizes made me sad. I want so many of them!

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

dividebyzero posted:

WHAT?!?! WHICH ONES?!? WHERE?!?!

Also, thanks to the thread for getting me into CDR. I started off with the Halloween episode: Messmore and Beauford LeBaron had me crying laughing ("I've given millions of people ghost AIDS! I'm a serial rapist, with a bad attitude.") But the next one I listened to was with Todd Barry and some other guys, a minaturization scientist and an Amish minigolf course owner. That one sucked.

The last one I heard was with Tig (whom I'd never heard before), Sarah Silverman, Kevin Nealon, etc. which was mediocre, I thought (does Sarah Silverman always suck that badly or was it just her purported neck cramp?). All that said, what are some other stand-out hits in the vein of the Halloween episode I should try?

Last years 12/18 episode with Jon Hamm, Doug Benson & others is excellent and episode 66.1 & 66.2 with Bob Odenkirk are really good.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

DangerDummy! posted:

For the record, I really want the Branson rear end in a top hat that tried to buy his way onto WTF to make an appearance. It couldn't be anything short of magical.

I think it would be interesting, too. However the guy seems so insanely bitter towards the comedy world that I doubt it would be anything more than a defensive rant if he went on WTF. I mean his act is really hacky, lowest common denominator poo poo but if he isn't lying about his gigs then he should just be smug and laugh all the way to the bank.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

I also suffer from "Late Onset Turkey Revulsion"

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

Just wanted to give a heads up that I just posted the latest Lou Reads the Internet for YOU!. Episode 60 is most certainly :nws: :a2m: :barf: AUDIO so headphones on and try to keep the groans low. They can be of disgust or pleasure. That's your issue... Thanks for listening people!

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

Did you download it all the way or are you playing it live on the site? That appears to be some kind of itunes thing when the episode doesn't download right. Other people are playing it right now without issue. I just downloaded it myself via iTunes and will listen to make sure it plays. if its not playing all the way I'd say its not fully downloaded. The file is about 18mb if its buffering in live it might stall and start over. If it is in iTunes then I would delete the file and re-download. I wonder if its just a heavy load :smug: thing. Like too many simultaneous DLs or something...

Thanks for letting me know, though.

EDIT: 8 mins in and no restart on iTunes.

King Lou fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Dec 8, 2010

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

krushgroove posted:

This same skipping back thing happened to an episode I listened to from a while back, where you read a SA thread about crazy roommates. I don't use iTunes, I subscribe through Google Listen and use the Listen app on my Android phone, so I think it came from the RSS feed. Just letting you know.

God that is annoying. I'm sure its happened to me with other podcasts but that sucks that its happening so often. My only advice is to delete it and re-download. At least for the time being.

NecronSchmecron posted:

Real edit: I only made it to 11 minutes. I think I'll listen to your backlog seeing as there's a lot of funny in between the :barf:

Many people have already crapped out at 7 mins. I've been avoiding this website for a while. I won't be going back soon!

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

krushgroove posted:

Somehow got through that last Lou Reads the Internet - thank gently caress it's not a video podcast. No skipping backwards for me on that one, which was another positive. I loved the forum names in that one, like 'boycunt' and 'submissive human being'.

Congratulations! You made it further than several of my friends and co-workers. I have to go back there again and do more someday but for now I'm glad I don't have to look at that site anymore. Maybe when Weekend Web returns!

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

NecronSchmecron posted:

I was worried when I saw Eddie Pepitone on CDR radio today, but his character today was pretty hilarious. Overall, a great episode.

This episode was pretty drat great. The Reggie Watts parts were cool. The phone corner was great. I personally love comedians laughing at jokes they might normal scoff and frown at.

Good stuff.

quote:

Adam Corrolla podcast-it's poo poo.

Couldn't agree more.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

NecronSchmecron posted:

Hey, King Lou. Thanks for that "audio wet willy."

That one killed me. :)

You're welcome! Did you make it all the way through?

To anyone who has had an issue with my podcast fully downloading: I checked with dreamhost and basically they always say the same thing. If too many people are grabbing it at once they throttle the traffic so it doesn't affect the other sites on the box. If you get a partial download you need to re-download. I know its a drag but until I get my own hosting or something its what I'm dealing with. Thanks for your continued support!

Also one person has taken me up on the audio recording offer. In the meanwhile I did a recording for The New York Times on Friday. Hooray!!!

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

I just got this comment posted on my Lou Reads blog:

quote:

I just thought you should know that I uploaded a torrent of i think all your podcasts. I don't feel too bad about it seeing as you probably make no money off this site anyway.

Link to a Demon related :filez: site

I wanted to upload it because I honestly think that what you read on this site is very important in terms of the study and self-awareness of the human race in its current form and organization. The extreme weirdness of the content read on this site is definitely a disturbing and historically significant indication of something or other.

Not really sure how to take that. I'm glad he doesn't fee bad about. I mean, I'm sure when he posts other torrents he is probably really torn by guilt. I guess its true I don't make any money off the podcast but at the same time its weird... I guess more people listening the better. I really like it if people read the blog, too because I try to write extra stupid but relavent junk on there.

NecronSchmecron posted:

I think the funniest thing about your podcast is that you have the soothing radio voice while reading some of the most horrible poo poo on the web. Love it.

Thanks!

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

krushgroove posted:

dammit...same is happening to a friend in Alabama. I just don't get iTunes :/

Latest episode downloaded all the way for me. Plays all the way to the end. NYC.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

Tumble posted:

I love Sick and Wrong because it reminds me of how my friends talk about poo poo and have stupid banter. Maybe that's because I have friends, and everybody who DOESN'T like Sick and Wrong doesn't have friends?

Oh since you put it that way now I like it too instead of just thinking its not very good at all and aimed at people who try really hard to be in-your-face offensive.

From the latest show "This show is the pre-cum show. A teaser taste of elf cum to come." Also is that opener supposed to be a terrible parody of The Sound of Young America open? Because nothing goes over like topical Hillary Clinton jokes. Someone died of AIDS in 1972? Okay... as I listen to this its more just dry and not interesting than offensive.

In other news I finally listened to Cyberthug #2. Jerry O'Connell is such a great straight-man. Also listened to DLM and with Edgar whats his face from Scott Pilgrim. Great stuff. Also listened to the Destephano WTF. Almost had me crying on the train. I had no idea he was HIV positive. Crazy!

Now I am going back to my friendless life.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Where the gently caress was CyberThug Radio #3 this week? :colbert:

The comments on their earwolf page regarding their missing an episode are pretty funny.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

Well that movie was terrible but I don't recall that abortion of a song being part of it when it came out. What a bomb!

Let this Dan Akroyd video from the underrated Dr. Detroit, cleanse your pallet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLY9UuGLlZI

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

I posted a Christmas related Lou Reads just now.

http://loureads.com/2010/12/24/lou-reads-what-the-hell-is-this-poo poo-tales-of-terrible-xmas-gifts/

I read from the lovely xmas gifts thread in GBS. I hope you enjoy it!

Merry Christmas!

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

This doesn't surprise me at all about Cyber Thug. I think he's probably too busy to commit to anything regular.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

Wyld Cannon posted:

Question about accessing backlogs - does anyone else save all the podcasts like I do? I have almost every WTF, Comedy Death Ray, Never Not Funny, Doug Loves Movies, and Comedy and Everything Else. I constantly fear they're going to remove the libraries, and I find all those shows to be really relistenable (especially CDR, it's like an audio only TV show).

I actually just deleted my Ricky Gervais podcast from before they went pay or whatever. I figured I hadn't listened to them in 4 years it might be time to delete. Only certain ones really hold up after a while.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

Hey guys. I just posted a new episode of Lou Reads. Its SUPER NSFW so headphones on please!

:nms:http://loureads.com/2011/01/06/lou-reads-shoe-sessions-forum-a-place-to-cum-in-shoes-nsfw/:nws:

Enjoy!

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

red19fire posted:

Just reading the link name horrifies me.

The pictures were really horrific but different than the Breeding Zone one. Just so loving weird. I wish Weekend Web was still happening. It's perfect, really. If you listen I hope you enjoy it. I left a lot of my reactions in this episode.

red19fire posted:

Also, if you're not listening to WTF, you're wrong. He was featured in the NYT!

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/09/arts/09maron.html?_r=1

It kind of sucks that Marc only barely breaks even.

Isn't podcasting coming to a tipping point? I think it's proving to be a radio killer, because there's more content and less interruptions. Carolla does direct sponsorship, Pardo has the premium subscription style, and Marc operates on donations; Has any business model come out as the 'best' way?

I don't think its there, yet. Its really hard to monetize it. People have barely figured how to monetize video and for small time people, Like me, I make like $17 a month from all the videos I've uploaded. I'd say that sponsors and donations are going to be the way of the day for now. Listening to the TWiT podcast is super annoying because they do super long anecdotal ads. At least Marc Maron's shilling is only at the top of the show. I'd say only a handful of podcasts I know even manage to get donations. Only people with huge followings are going to make any $. At least places like Audible seem to be willing to sponsor podcasts.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Hey Lou, I finally got to the Raw Tops Breeders ep, and while it was pretty gross, I don't think it was even close to the horror of the vore forum and the bugcatcher forum. Also, the Vampire episode was one of the funniest episodes of any podcast I've heard in quite a while. You produce a great show.

Thanks!

I think the Raw Top was worse for me because of all the avatars and pics I had to endure while reading the site. So many proudly posted pics of buttholes covered in what appears to be some sort of donut glaze...

I didn't even read the Bug Chaser sub-forum of the Breeding Zone. Saving it for later!

EDIT:

I sat in on The Flophouse Podcast last night. It was a lot of fun to record. One of these days I'll get around to guesting when the other guy is there.

King Lou fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jan 8, 2011

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

I'm really enjoying Scott Aukerman's terrible "street" questioner voice. "Talk about that poo poo."

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

ALFbrot posted:

Hey Lou, I just started listening to your show, which is great I might add, and the raw top ep worked fine and the shoe ep restarted with ~4:00 left. This one was downloaded in the Zune marketplace via your RSS feed. Like others have said, yours is the only podcast I've ever seen do this. :(

Well thanks for listening and then Goddamn it. I'm probably going to have to move servers or something. It has to be a server traffic related thing. sigh. Good to know you can get it on the Zune marketplace though. I put it there but I don't get info about where the plays come from.

Where are other people hosting their podcasts? I guess I average about 2000 downloads per show on average over the life of a show (say the 1st month its on the front page of the blog). I'm glad people are liking it but at the same time its loving annoying. I'd hate someone to stop listening because of that technical glitch. I'm positive if you delete it and re-download the file it would be the whole thing.

Thanks for the heads up, though.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

I was just looking at my blogs stats. I was kind of stunned to see this:

Average data transferred per day: 2.17 gigabytes (2.24 gigabytes)

Thats way higher than I thought. A lot of that is some of my images are SUPER popular so I get all this google image traffic. Still waiting for Dreamhost to tell me if they are throttling my site when too many people try to DL.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

Not a podcast but I was pleased to see Bill Cosby Bukowski done on video.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/313e12287c/billcosby-bukowski?playlist=featured_videos

Maybe it plays better on the radio?

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

Mus be a good day for podcast announcing.

http://loureads.com/2011/01/24/lou-reads-craziness-from-the-1111-angels-forums/

I just posted this one and its totally safe for work. Unless your work place is really against hearing about people who believe in angels contacting you through your digital clocks...

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

Majorian posted:

To be fair, that's a pretty loving awesome-looking medallion.

Yeah, but those medallions are like One Angel Buck at the Satania System Mansion Planet Duty Free shop so I know its the thought that counts but the dead boyfriend really could have upgraded for like a key chain or snow globe or something.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

ALFbrot posted:

Is that medallion something from the last 5-10 minutes of the podcast? I don't remember hearing about it, and it did the restart thing again before it was over :(. I've been downloading back episodes and it hasn't happened in a while until that one.

Yeah its from the last segment before the wrap up.

You can read the thread here if you want http://board.1111angels.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=18364

loving Dreamhost! They said that my box is maxing out its ram so I may have to try to get an upgrade or move some of my other sites off that box... loving annoying. No one responded to my question of where they host their podcasts... Sorry about that guys and gals. Thanks for not quitting on me because of the glitches.

I need to make more magnets!

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

ALFbrot posted:

I like how you talk about Lou like he isn't here and indeed isn't the one whose post you are replying to.

This made me cackle aloud with gusto, sir. I hope you were able to get the rest of the episode eventually.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

I can honestly say as a child growing up in the 70's I loving loved Gallagher. I can't believe he's such a loving super rear end in a top hat now. The antithesis of his easy going early career persona. Anti-semite, homophobe & anti-liberal fuckface... who would have thought...

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

Peter North posted:

It's really surprising that Gallagher walked off WTFpod, batshit insane or not. The last time he went on Opie & Anthony, he was in a really ugly race argument with Patrice O'Neal and was utterly humiliated, considering Patrice's incredible talent at roasting people. It was really bad. See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icevac7jdig

What the gently caress is happening in that youtube clip? Who the gently caress is listening to this stupidity? I love Patrice starts talking about hitting a pussy with a hammer and a reference to watermelons. And the weird Rape jokes. This is terrible.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

I just listened to the Gallagher thing. I kind of felt bad for Gallagher and appreciated that Maron could actually step back and recognize that he was perhaps played a part in Gallagher getting so bent out of shape. That being said Gallagher came off pretty crazy. I had no idea he was a chemist (is thats true). He's insanely bitter but whatever, his career has spanned 3 decades on a single premise. It was an entertaining listen.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

Now I'm convinced that Marc Maron shouldn't have that Dan Nanian on WTF. It would be a total train wreck.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

Teepkick Shakur posted:

They are getting IFC money now from the Comedy Death Ray IFC show, and they also have the live show at UCB so I doubt they'll make it for pay. Other shows though, maybe...

I doubt the make any money from the shows at the UCB. At theaters like the UCB all the money stays at the theater pretty much no matter who you are. Doug Loves Movies is free to go to and CDR live is $5 a person so they aren't making any money there. I have a few friends who have put on non-improv shows at the UCB that totally sold out every performance and they didn't get to keep a dollar.

gently caress... I just realized that show was so long ago that Seth Morris and Bret Gelman were both living out here in NY. drat!

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

Give Gallagher a break. He's been dealing with yes fruit for 30 years. Being able to smash everyone you know gives you a false feeling of entitlement.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

"What if every time Yolk from Egg gets mad... he says the N word?"

The history of Mork and Mindy has been re-written on CDR...

King Lou fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Feb 7, 2011

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

Maarak posted:

This link doesn't seem to work for me, anyone else have better luck?

Worked for me on the 1st click. Your computer may be haunted!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

krushgroove posted:

For any goons who do a podcast, I just registered http://www.gooncasts.com! (link doesn't work at the moment, but it is registered)

Thanks. I added my infoshizzle.

Let me know when the site is up and we can trade hardlinks for the googles. That goes for anyone else who podcasts on here. If you're running your own hosted site we should trade links and whatnot. To not poo poo up this thread with link trades please PM or email me at loureads @ the googles

Also if anyone ever needs a guess skyperer for their shows or whatever I'm happy to oblige.

• Locked thread