Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!
:yaycloud::smithcloud:

benito posted:

Here's one out of left field... The Vinyl Cafe with Stuart McLean. Just recently available on iTunes as a podcast. I've often described it to people as a Canadian version of A Prairie Home Companion, except McLean isn't as preachy and bitter as Keillor has become. The format is similar, with music, reading letters from listeners, and a portion where McLean tells a story, usually based around a fictional family headed by Morley and Dave, who used to be a roadie for bands in the 70s and 80s and now runs a tiny record shop.

As a Canadian who listens to CBC a fair bit, but not as much as I used to thanks to podcasts, I hate Stuart McLean. Don't get me wrong I haven't though about him for months, but for some reason he stirs more loathing in me than anyone I've ever heard on the radio. I can't stand his overly slow and sentimental vocal style, or his never ending story about his stupid fictional family. I want Morely to be brutally murdered, and Dave to go on a booze and coke bender where he ends up barricaded in his house with his kids until the inevitable murder suicide.

I'm pretty faithful to WTF, though I did find the Mencia and the Dane Cook interviews pretty annoying. Though they do quite clearly bring out how weaselly Mencia is, and that Cook is pretty much what everyone with a brain thinks he is. I do sometimes find myself a little annoyed with his intro's when he goes on too much about his neediness. His other bad tendency is to occasionally interrupt a guest to talk about himself. Other than that he's a great interviewer and gets things out of guests that most don't.

I also listen to The Bugle, and Nerdist regularly. The Bugle is great for an absurd take on the news. The Nerdist can be a little hit or miss he's had some great guests.

Doug loves movies, is my fall back at the moment for when I run out of stuff to listen to. I think I used to like it more, but the amount he interacts with guests before playing the games seems to be steadily decreasing and that was my favourite part.

I used to listen to CDR, but I just got a little tired of the characters.

I'll definitely be checking out a few more from this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread