Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

"Yeah, I mean c'mon! I'm sick of this 'swiper no swiping!' what the hell? I used to play football! My dad never came to my games, but I'm not bitter! Hey legitimate movie star, I made a movie once! Maybe you've seen it. Let me tell you about the ins and outs of the movie biz... Hey! My personal friend that I hired as a producer: quit loving the show up/close the door I can hear you/ p.s. you're a Jew! Let me tell you about how I hate Mexicans, and in particular the Mexicans I hire to do my menial labor. Hey famous guest, did that make you feel awkward? Did I mention this whole show is taking place in a garage full of my sweet cars that I own? Let me tell you all about cars whether you like it or not. Here's where I bitch about how I hate Los Angeles. How many times can I say 'swing a hammer' so people know I was once a working man? You guys know Dr. Drew right? Let me talk poo poo about him. Has is been 15 minutes since I told everyone I was on TV? Oh yeah, my kid's a human being. Since I once worked construction I feel I have open license to be a racist douchebag. I was on Dancing with the Stars and they just didn't understand my genius! Oh, famous guest, that's an interesting story/topic/idea, let me put the brakes on the whole show to tell you I know how to hang drywall or frame a door or fix a carburetor like I'm the Patron Saint of Screwdrivers."
Now nobody has to listen to the podcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Borrego posted:

For those of you listening to The Joe Rogan Experience, were any of you disappointed at Joe's non interest/resentment in doing WTF with Marc Maron? I would absolutely love to hear that interview.

Marc has no love lost for Joe. When he was doing the Mencia interviews he let it be known that he thought Joe was a bully.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

webster876 posted:

Birbiglia's part of the newest This American Life is my favorite Birbiglia so far. Also, I absolutly LOVE that podcasts are recognized as such a viable form of media that they now have a circuit. First everybody from The League was on CDR, DLM, The Nerdist, now Mike Birbiglia is doing TAL, CDR and Nerdist. Has it always been like this, at least for established comedians? Or is this new?

Well the entire forum is kinda new, so it's all new. Comedians have always had hard time promoting their gigs. When have you ever seen an ad on TV or the radio telling you where to go to see a stand up comedian perform live? Almost always on a show where they had to perform live.

Birbiglia is a far better writer that a performer in my opinion. I've heard him on This American Life, and on WTF, and he's definitely good at writing material, and not as good at presenting it. It makes me kind of sad, but comedy authors make chump change.

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Oct 14, 2010

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
If Marc has an interview with Ira Glass he should loving post it.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
There are too many good podcasts in this thread. I'll never have to time listen to 10% of them.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Godspell posted:

his voice sounds like the most spergy WoW addict ever.

This bad? http://www.geekosystem.com/red-shirt-guy-world-of-warcraft/

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Borrego posted:

Anyone have any idea who the arrogant "comedian" who tried to bribe Marc Maron on this weeks WTF?

What did they try to bribe him to do?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Geekslinger posted:

Norm MacDonald is on Fitzdog radio today.

Woah, he actually got off his lazy rear end to do something.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
It's not that he says things I disagree with, but that he repeats the rants verbatim, sometimes in the same week.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
He's made a great recovery. I don't mind the sound effects, it's the twenty minute rants filled with inaccuracies and half truths that drive me batty.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Solidus posted:

it probably helps that TAL has been pretty bad lately, mostly awful christmas/financial episodes. I haven't been genuinely interested in an episode in months.

I love the financial episodes. TAL does some great investigative journalism. I share the hatred for holiday themed episodes, though.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Gallagher always had to be right.

Marc: Yeah, it's renegade cells...
Gallagher: No, it's runaway DNA! I'm a chemist! :rolleyes:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

big business sloth posted:

Man, I'm listening to the WTF Gallagher one now and almost every single time Maron says something Gallagher has to re-phrase it, even if it's not different at all from what was originally said. It's infuriating.

He always has to be right.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

bango skank posted:

"I thought there were like 30 languages." -Joe Rogan

When did he say that? When did he say that?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

jyrka posted:

Latest podcast.

Hahahahaha ugggghhhh... God, Joe is such a meathead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

DangerDummy! posted:

It'd be great to hear Marc try to talk to someone like Katt Williams about having to wear a bullet-proof vest and travel with security because he's afraid someone in his audience might try to jack his poo poo. I'm not loving around about that, I've heard Katt talk about it in interviews.

I heard him talk about that on Stern.

• Locked thread