Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Echoing Best Show. I haven't missed an episode in the three or so years i have been listening and I am pretty bad about keeping up with anything. It might not be the most accessible thing at first but it's extremely funny and rewarding once it clicks. Tom's brand of humor is unlike anyone elses and it's what makes the show so great for me.

It's got to the point that the majority of my friends listen to it religiously so its usually the first thing we talk about on Friday nights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Mt. Modular posted:

After hearing a few funny clips, i finally subscribed to The Best Show on WFMU podcast and listened to the latest episode... Man...did I pick the wrong time to get into this show.

haha. indeed. If it makes you feel any better he's just trolling his listeners which he tends to do from time to time. There is no way he is actually quitting.

Paul F Tompkins at the end sort of saved the episode for me though.

Steve Slavery posted:

I downloaded all the episodes I could off itunes and found episodes with guests I might like but still... this show is just not good. I gave it a fair shake but it's like 3 hours of mediocre comedy, the host is terrible and most of the call in bits are terrible. Though I do admit sometimes there's a chuckle, in 3 hours only one or two is totally not worth it.

You could not be more wrong. Maybe the show just isn't for you.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Sep 18, 2010

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Steve Slavery posted:

Maybe but I really want to give it a chance since I hear lots of good things (though I hear lots of good things about pardcast and opie and anthony but I can't stand them). Is there a specific episode that would be good to listen to?

This one is probably one of the more popular episodes but it sort of old. I posted it in the juggalo thread because there is some really funny Juggalo talk at about 1:26:00 http://wfmu.org/flashplayer.php?version=2&show=32311&archive=54334

The thing about The Best show is that it's only really great once it has clicked. It's mostly inside jokes and the brand of humor is really unusual, so you really need to get in on the inside jokes before you will be able to appreciate the show to its full potential.

Id recommend listening to at least 2 or three episodes before making an official judgment although I realize that is a pretty big time commitment.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Would it be worth it to put together a Best Show thread and if so what forum would it go in? I know that most other FOT's are about as rabid as I am so it would probably make for a pretty good thread. I guess he has an official forum already but I have never really got into posting there.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yannick_B posted:

I would be up for a Best Show thread.

I agree. I'm gonna put one together this weekend.

• Locked thread