Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drawkcab si eman ym
Jan 2, 2006

Has anyone given "How Did This Get Made?" with Paul Scheer a shot? It is constantly hilarious. He's had on Nick Kroll and Chris Hardwick so far with Kroll helping review "Burlesque" and Hardwick helping with "Season of the Witch". I can't remember laughing out loud so many times during a podcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drawkcab si eman ym
Jan 2, 2006

I really like the Nerdist podcast, but is it just me or is Matt Mira's laugh kind of jarring? Ill be in the car listening and its always entertaining, then he'll laugh at something and my mind will just go "Oh my god that laugh".

Even though he might be my least favorite, I do like what he adds to the show because he balances out Chris's super optimism and it makes for a fun show. I like that Jonah is kind of even keel so that the show has a balance, and thats probably why its my favorite podcast.

drawkcab si eman ym
Jan 2, 2006

SKULE123 posted:

I lost all empathy for him when they did that Hostful episode called "Typical Internet" and tried to prop up his feelings after he read the A/V Club Podmass comments from that week. Also drove me off the Hostful episodes. I'm not one of those mean internet posters, but jesus, what a suck

The hostful's are usually my favorite because I like the atmosphere they have going of 3 buddies shooting the poo poo- the guest ones are good too, but they are always dependent on how interesting or fun the guest is which can be hit or miss.

I do see Mira as a punching bag but sometimes he really does bring it on himself, like when he ragged on his family publicly- and when he admitted that if he hit someones car he wouldnt leave a note. Its stuff like that which makes me feel like if he changed his attitude he probably wouldnt take as much crap from the guys who honestly let him off a little easy.

drawkcab si eman ym
Jan 2, 2006

This is probably the point where someone makes a thread for Smodcast.

drawkcab si eman ym
Jan 2, 2006

The Champs (with Neal Brennan and Moshe Kasher) was mentioned in this thread over summer, and it got me hooked. I highly recommend it because for me it's the podcast that makes me laugh out loud the most. They have a different black guest on every week, and the conversations and chemistry are great. It's a pretty free-form podcast and DJ Douggpound is always putting in random drops that crack me up. I think it's become my favorite podcast.

drawkcab si eman ym
Jan 2, 2006

Groucho Marxist posted:

Has the sound quality gotten better? It has a bunch of guys I like, but I couldn't understand what they were saying half the time so I never subscribed to it.

Not that I've noticed- I have to listen to it with headphones or turn up the stereo volume in my car.

drawkcab si eman ym
Jan 2, 2006

Popelmon posted:

For the Nerdist stuff: Just pick a guest you like and listen ton that. But you have to listen to The Todd Glass Show in the right order, he has callbacks from time to time.

His episode as a guest on the Nerdist was great too. Also, I recommend You Made it Weird with Pete Holmes. Either Chelsea Peretti episode is awesome and he has some great guests that you can pick and choose to listen too. Some people have issues with the laugh but I thought it became endearing after awhile.

Lastly, listen to The Champs. They basically have a black guest on every week and just talk about the most ridiculous things. It's Moshe Kasher and Neal Brennan (co-creater of Chappelle's Show). DJ Douggpound (the 3rd guy) has hilarious drops but some find them annoying. The Questlove and Blake Griffin episodes are my personal favorites.

drawkcab si eman ym fucked around with this message at 05:48 on May 29, 2012

drawkcab si eman ym
Jan 2, 2006

Speaking of the Champs- Douggpound's drop with the "You don't have to get all racist about it", Moshe's "Mean streets of Oakland", and any drop of Neal mentioning Chappelle's Show always get me.

drawkcab si eman ym fucked around with this message at 05:53 on May 29, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drawkcab si eman ym
Jan 2, 2006

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Was seeing the "Epic Meal Time" episode of Nerdist the moment when anyone else finally unsubscribed to Nerdist or is it just me?

I've kind of soured on The Nerdist lately too... I don't know if this is just one of those things where I need a break because I used to listen pretty religiously for a bit or if I'm just finally over Chris being overly neurotic and the podcast seeming stale.

• Locked thread