Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Stuff Weekly and This Week In The Apocalypse - Two podcasts kinda done by the same people. Stuff weekly is three people talking about weird, ridiculous news stories, though they often just devolve into hilarious chatter. TWITA is a show where, like, seven people discuss how humanity would fare against a certain type of apocalypse scenario. The first two episodes are okay, but it really gets funny around episode 3, "Robots."

These are both fairly new, but they're the only podcasts I listen to and I enjoy 'em!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Are these on iTunes anywhere? The Apocalypse one sounds really interesting but it's not letting me download on the site.

Stuff Weekly's on iTunes, but they've had trouble getting TWIA approved after a tagging error the first time around. In my experience, if I use a torrent program like BitComet or something to download the .mp3 file it works perfectly.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Way back on page 3 I promoted my own podcasts, but since the original podcasts seem to get lost in the CDR shuffle, I almost think those of us doing amateur stuff should go in a different thread.

That said, I'll plug again since it's been awhile. My Youtube is in the tens, I don't even know if you have a channel...

Stuff Weekly (Itunes) (RSS) is another show about people discussing weird news stories, but I think we're much funnier. We're on Episode 35 now and haven't missed a week since we started back in May and I think it really just gets better and better.

This Week In The Apocalypse (RSS) is a bi-weekly show that normally consists of a panel of four to seven people debating how humanity would far in various apocalyptic scenarios. Currently on Episode 17, the first two episodes were before we really found our footing and are a bit of a clusterfuck, but the third episode and most of the subsequent ones are a lot of fun. We even deviate a little and just go for episodes debating which fictional character would win in a fight. It's got more of a focus, I guess, than SW and is nearing the end of its run.

If any of you guys ever listen, leave a comment at the website or PM me with some criticism or just to say what you hated/liked about it.

• Locked thread