Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpeedoJoe
Feb 23, 2006

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

I haven't seen anyone mention Mike Schmidt's "The 40 Year Old Boy", one of my favorite shows. It's a guy who's had some success earlier in comedy, but by way of his own quirks and flaws (namely being a control freak with rage issues) has been side-tracked on his career path. He has some AMAZING stories of being a total crazy-rear end throughout his life. I think you might have to purchase years one and two, but he's in the middle of year three right now. Fans of Never Not Funny will remember him as a fixture of season one. Alas, his crazy persona cost him that gig. He's a great guy though. It's like if Charlie Brown couldn't help turning into The Hulk on occasion. He can just talk and talk. The show was once described by a listener as "The most bizarre answering machine message you'll ever hear."

The 40 Year Old Boy is my second favourite comedy podcast, Uhh Yeah Dude being my first. You really need to start from the beginning with UYD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpeedoJoe
Feb 23, 2006
I always wondered what Seth's job is from UYD. He sometimes talks about the people he works with. I imagine it's at least somewhat office based.

SpeedoJoe
Feb 23, 2006
What's the name of the Canadian comedy podcast hosted by some guy and his lesbian friend? They interviewed The 40 Year Old Boy earlier this year.

SpeedoJoe
Feb 23, 2006

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

"Return to Sender: Junk Mail of the Mind"

Their lack of humor is exceeded only by their complete idiocy. I tried to listen to a couple of episodes and they're intolerable. The "lesbian" sounds like an insufferable bitch who you'd find hanging out in front of a Hot Topic (in Canada) and the guy, while he seems to be a nice enough dude, is a moron. They don't seem like people who would normally be hanging out with each other, which leads me to believe that the guy is only around because nobody else would put up with the "lesbian" (emphasis on the quotes, because I'm betting she's just being provocative).

I guess that seems harsh, but I really could not stand that show.

I've been giving it another go and I get what you're saying. They seem like nice enough people but the guy is a nieve idiot and the girl seems like an attention seeker at times.

I'm probably not going to keep with it for much longer, to be honest.

SpeedoJoe fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jan 15, 2011

SpeedoJoe
Feb 23, 2006
Just heard the Gallagher episode. He's a pretty terrible comedian. Maron handled it very well and still managed to be witty.

SpeedoJoe fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Jan 31, 2011

SpeedoJoe
Feb 23, 2006
Has anyone heard monday's WTF with Sandra Bernhard yet? I stopped listening when she brought up homeopathy.

SpeedoJoe
Feb 23, 2006

SlaveToTheGrinds posted:

Yeah I listened to most of it. It was actually pretty boring. With who she is he could have got so much more but she was just not giving it up. It was the most positive episode of WTF ever.which means god was it boring. Mark just couldn't get her to really open up. I like the deep into the mind of a comic type conversations and this was just not it. It's probably the only ep where his monologue was better than the interview.

True, it was kind of stale thinking about it, but I was warming upto her until the alternative medicine poo poo which really puts me off. I think you can tell Marc doesn't think it works.

SpeedoJoe fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Sep 6, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpeedoJoe
Feb 23, 2006

SKULE123 posted:

I know sometimes Marc comments on guest requests he gets on twitter: has he ever mentioned reaching out to Paul? I totally agree with you.

I'd be interested in a UYD interview but I have a feeling neither party knows enough about the other.

• Locked thread