Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mt. Modular
May 18, 2006

gently caress this thread. I spent a good 5 hours today listening to I Love Movies and Comedy Death Ray Radio. Oh, and the Pod F. Tompkast, which is probably the absolute best of all of them (I love Paul so much).

Personally, I like Scott Auckerman. He's like the nerdy everyman in a room with all these great comedians that allows me to live vicariously through him. Of course, I mean no disrespect to his writing/acting/comedy career.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mt. Modular
May 18, 2006

I listened to the second part of the Gelman/Odenkirk CDR today and I was crying in laughter. The "play" was so goddamn funny. I think I could listen to a podcast of just Odenkirk making up poo poo. The Cool Whip Writing competetion?

Mt. Modular
May 18, 2006

soru posted:

The Would You Rather from the CDR episode with Robb Corddry, Lake Bell, and the Cake Boss is one of the greatest things I've ever heard.

I was listening to this again today, and I agree, it's just hysterical. Cake Boss's complete dismay over beating Batman's underwater breath-holding record alone had me in tears. "Who is he??!!"

Mt. Modular
May 18, 2006

After hearing a few funny clips, i finally subscribed to The Best Show on WFMU podcast and listened to the latest episode... Man...did I pick the wrong time to get into this show.

Mt. Modular
May 18, 2006

The Halloween CDR was fantastic. It just seemed like a really fun place to be with all those guests in a room at the same time, all playing characters (some better than others). The absurdity of "The Monster gently caress" was hilarious, too.

This week's CDR was pretty good too, but yeah...Gemberling wasn't at his best here. In fact, I think the only thing that made this episode so funny was Scott and Doug running with jokes like the airplanes flying through clouds.

Also, I just want to say that after starting to tire of Doug Loves Movies over the past few weeks, the Swardson/Hardwick/Kroll show was a fantastic breath of fresh air for the show. It was funnier than the show had been in a while and all the guests interacted with each other really well. I've been convinced not to give up on DLM.

Mt. Modular
May 18, 2006

The last few CDRs mention unwanted attention for the podcast and it hints at some heat the show received about something that Scott won't talk about. Now, I assume that just having Zach G on the show a few weeks ago would bring about a few more listeners that might now have known about the show previously, but did I miss something else?

OR is this just Scott being Scott (as in: making up vague stuff for the sake of making up vague stuff).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mt. Modular
May 18, 2006

I'm really enjoying Who Charted right now. It's kind of haphazard and clumsy and that's what gives it so much personality. Kulap and Howard are really fun together and it just sounds like we're listening in on a bunch of friends having funny conversations about music and movies.

This is easily right below CDR as my favorite podcast right now.

• Locked thread