Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plain Cheese Pizza
Aug 26, 2006

Sssh! They might have daggers...

Scooty Puff Jr. posted:

Yes, Twin Villages! Alpacas, motherfucker! I'm pumped.

The last one I played was sunshine islands, but inevitably play slowed down during winter and I got bogged down with school. (Which is too bad because it has some FINE ladies.)

Has anyone played the latest wii version? I think it's called 'Tree of Tranquility'?

I bought Tree of Tranquility and played it for maybe four hours before losing complete interest. Animal Parade is actually the most recent Wii game.

Island of Happiness was awful, and I don't understand how people are excited about any of these new games that are being pumped out with all of the same problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plain Cheese Pizza
Aug 26, 2006

I remember being completely baffled by the Runey system in Frontier. I could be wrong, but I don't remember it being explained properly anywhere in-game and the information I had to get about it came from internet forums. I had no clue why my crops weren't growing and it was frustrating.

At this point I'd love a Harvest Moon game that was stripped back down to the essentials (meaning no clumsy stamina system, not having to set up a shop to sell your crops like in A Wonderful Life, slightly smaller maps, etc.), that didn't have a plot that had something to do with a troubled Harvest Goddess or something.

I think 64 and Friends of Mineral Town absolutely nailed it, everything since has been futile efforts to build off of it. Though I really like Rune Factory also.

Plain Cheese Pizza
Aug 26, 2006

Shinjobi posted:

So is anyone picking up Grand Bazaar? Is it worth it? I thought it sounded pretty interesting, and a step in the right direction after IoH/SI.

I just started playing it and have found it alot more tolerable then SI/IoH.

The fact that you can do a double jump in this game makes it infinitely better to me for some reason.

Plain Cheese Pizza
Aug 26, 2006

Holy poo poo, the opening tutorial in A New Beginning is mind numbingly basic. "Run over to this house and come talk to me! Now come over to this house and talk to me! Now use your map to come over and talk to me!"

Plain Cheese Pizza
Aug 26, 2006

When do you get the bee hives, I've been walking around with a bag full of bees and its making me really nervous.

Plain Cheese Pizza
Aug 26, 2006

Shirec posted:

Is it cool to leave animals outside overnight again, or do I still need to put them in every night?

I've left my cows out and they've been fine (not if the newspaper says its going to be raining the next day however).

Plain Cheese Pizza
Aug 26, 2006

Flame112 posted:

So how do you get seeds and stuff if there's not town and (I'm guessing) store?

People visit the valley and sell you poo poo. This game is a massive departure from the previous entries, but I'm kind of enjoying the simplicity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plain Cheese Pizza
Aug 26, 2006

Tatum Girlparts posted:

So I just got John Deere's first request to make some feed for him, and he said he gave me a windmill blueprint I think, but I don't have the instabuilding and the doc isn't selling it, am I missing something?

I'm also confused about this. It seems he wants you to gather the materials for the Silent Feed, but I'm not sure how I'm supposed to know what he needs to make it?

Also chiming in that this game is good and fun and not the piece of garbage I was expecting.

Edit: Never mind, if you fulfill Doc's request he'll give you an instabuild for the Windmill which you can then use to make Silent Feed.

Plain Cheese Pizza fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Nov 7, 2014

• Locked thread