Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.

Kin posted:

That's the problem with most of them. Your farm ends up getting so big that you simply spend all of your time farming the damned thing instead of enjoying the benefits you're getting (loadsa cash).

You should be able to hire minions and begin your farmland domination as you take over the whole countryside.

What we need is something that starts out like Harvest Moon but ends up growing into what Theme Farm would be like.

Actually, in Sunshine Islands you can make buddies with the sprites and they do some chores. I also found in Rune Factory 1 and 2 that expanding the barns and getting about 3-4 of the watering and harvesting Monsters took care of it quite nicely too. Although I think the sprites can't work every day - so the minions idea would be kind of awesome. Or the one GBC harvest moon where your partner did half the work.

Aerofallosov fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Aug 16, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

This thread has convinced me to order Rune Factory 3. C'mon box! I also am glad I can pre-order Tale of Two Towns online since our GameStop is kind of bad about having enough swag/pre-order goodies for all their orders. :/ It's a bit of a pain.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

I'm liking Tale of Two Towns so far - although it's kind of boggling how big the mountain/forest area is.

Also, d'aw, Saint Bernards.

Edit: And does anyone know how many cows/chickens/sheep/alpacas you can have in Bluebell? I googled and checked Ushi no Tane but it's not coming up.

Aerofallosov fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Sep 21, 2011

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

I like them both, although HM: Tale of Two Towns does not have you going into dungeons, etc. A lot of folks in this thread like RF3 lots (I do too but I think I like both evenly).

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

The 3DS version also gets a petting minigame I think that helps raise affection faster I'm told.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Wandering Knitter posted:

Has anyone here married Reina?

Because seriously, I can't get her last flower scene to trigger. Does it have to be a certain day? Time? Weather? Season? At this rate I'm going to dump her for the Oracle.

http://fogu.com/hm10/villagers/reina.php

From this link, it looks like it's on a couple of days from 2-4PM

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

I think my plan will be to preorder to get the plushie and just ask for a 3DS for Christmas, since we usually either just get one thing or cash for Christmas. ... because giant plushie cow.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Is it easy to move around in this game? I was curious, since I usually prefer to use the little directional pad.

Edit:

I Watson posted:

Harvest Moon DS Cute had the Best Friend System in the Japanese release where you could shack up for life with one of the special bachelorettes and adpot a baby together. This system did not exist in the original version 'for dudes', was removed for the international release, and has not been brought back since. Rune Factory 2 doesn't count as they are pretend weddings and involving children, what the hell Neverland/Marvelous. Despite the existence, and emphasis in fandom of, yaoi and yuri, Japan is pretty drat conservative so I don't see gay marriage ever truly becoming a feature of Harvest Moon. It would be great if that changed though.

And yes, I was totally bummed out they got rid of the best friend system. :(

Aerofallosov fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jan 6, 2013

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

What would people want to trade a silkie egg or some summer/fall seeds for? I'm saving my bees, mint, chamomile and some other stuff.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

... I was supposed to save honey comb? Ah, cookies. Guess I'll start. And I've about 20 bees if you need some by the time I get multiplayer.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

That would explain why my antivirus keeps blocking redirects to malicious URLs. Bleah.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

I have several stacks of small lumber, if you need some.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Has anyone got a spare Amethyst? I would like to make a maker shed this fall. I'd be glad to give you a silkie egg, or some bees (Western or Honey!) or - um, I've got plenty of stuff, really.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Nessa posted:

I didn't realize that I should've saved all my honeycombs from spring, so now I'll have to wait 2 more months to complete part two of town restoration. :( if I'm lucky, I can find 1 or 2 honeycombs a day.

Also, I didn't realize this game is so hard on you. I saved before my first gardening tour and figured it would be fine, but everyone who came said it was awful and the whole thing was a failure. :( I just turned the game off at that point so that I can work on the garden some more and try to salvage it.

Do you still need some honeycombs? I have like, 40 of them. I can give you some.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Oh my freaking RNG. I need silver so badly. Why must you be so hateful, mines?

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Anyone got a brown alpaca I can shave? I really want this speedy brush. :/

Also need one more freaking walnut for a maker.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

I don't hit it with a hammer, it just let me go up to it and push it.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Did anyone need yam seeds or silkie eggs? I'm in Summer 2, so I've got 5 star cherries, mangoes and peaches. 3-star apples if you don't mind those.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

I ended up getting engaged to Sanjay. If anyone needs a five star fruit or yam or something, throw a PM or something and I can give you my code. I might be playing it later this evening since work's wireless is enh.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

It depends. I'd check out Ushi no Tane's section on them. Though, if you have a 3DS, I'm told Two Towns is rather buggy and has a problem with memory that involves slowing, then freezing.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

... I thought I had to have the bin on the field to make it work. Oops.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Um. There's a face on the weather icon and there's ghosts floating all over. What's with that? Did I miss something?

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Is there a particular level of friendship I need to ask someone to go adventure with me? No one seems to want to.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

What food do the Silver Wolves like? Need one for my Mamadoodle - pixie - wolf army of destruction.

Also, how do you change outfits? I haven't gotten the recipe for pajamas or anything.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

When/where is the best place to find white grass? I couldn't really find any anywhere. Does it need to be winter?

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

That's awesome.

How do I clear a dungeon flower? I've beaten the dungeon a few times and would like my square back.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Awesome thanks! And is an Emperor Carrot a giant one or one I have to grow specifically? I need a thunder horse pal.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

So, I decided to start a new file on ANB. I was wondering if I could trade someone for some yam seeds?

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

I have my copy of SoS! The tutorial is only a week long, thankfully and it's not too bad at all. The character customization is pretty nifty, though they really cut down the skin tone options. I like that you can start on veteran or seedling mode (seedling mode cuts down a lot of the cost and grinding requirements).

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

hopeandjoy posted:

There's one area that has some slowdown, but it's not any slower than ANB.

I find that restaurant guy leaves his shop pretty often. idk because I'm waiting for the landscaper, but I think you can just wait until they're after hours.

Yeah, you can gift to them after hours.

The frame rate apparently hits 20-22 at lowest and some folks contacted the company re: the slowdown. I'm digging this so far and I can't wait to have me some bunnies and stuff.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Maximusi posted:

Is this game different enough from ANB that I should buy it? Is the art/festivals still kinda the same or are there improvements?

I'd say it is. There's a bunch of quality of life stuff (no unskippable/can't be sped up cutscenes), tons more unlockables and the art is pretty

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

There are public fields that can be rented when the lease runs out. However, you settle it with a competition - be it whomever ships the most on a set day or whatever. If you win, the field is yours to use.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

You have to ship 100,000k through the vendor and hit the first of summer. I believe the next one unlocks at 200,000 and the first of fall.

Putting it in spoilers, since some folks might not want to know. But I'm in summer and have the second vendor.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

I'm running on seedling mode, but I tend to be bad about grinding things in HM games and just enjoy cruisin'/sand boxin' my way to greatness.

Also I may throw open a trade soon and dole out some iron or something. Would eggs be of use to people?

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Fresh produce only keeps the 'fresh' label for 3 days, fridge or not, far as I know.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

In case anyone would like a picture of all the pets available...

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Blhue posted:

Ice Country isn't that hard really, it just requires you going out of your way to make and ship things you probably wouldn't bother much with otherwise. But holy christ Tropical Country. I have the seed and tools covered already, but that's a goddamn lot of produce and cooking. The clothes kind of suck too, make sure you're buying up all the orange/yellow/blue yarn that Cabin is selling to convert into Girls' Overalls, that seems to be the most efficient way to work on that.

In short, get used to your Master tools, because you won't be upgrading for a while yet. At least it gives you time to actually find some philosopher's stones.

I think that accessories and hats count for clothes, too. I'm slowly working through unlocking Ice Country.

Edit: Anyone know what Dessie likes? Her favorite is mushroom pie, but I don't have that recipe yet.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Blhue posted:

They do, but most/all of the hats take rabbit cloth, which I've yet to see for sale so that's a bit of a chokepoint. Now that Sakura sells pearls to me I've started manufacturing glasses though, that helps.

In previous HMs, pretty much any grown crop pleases the goddess, and I assume that's still the case.

I can trade you some of the rabbit cloth if you need some. I got two pink bunnies because they are ridiculously adorable.

Also, the tea leaves got a horrified reaction but she was okay with the fruit.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Yeah, I thought this installment of HM was pretty good about having mature looking characters to marry. Mistel is kind of ... on the edge, there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

AngryRobotsInc posted:

The tutorial in this one is short as hell compared to ANB's. It would be nice to be able to skip it, but at least they realized the previous game was pretty ridiculous there.

I think you can hit 'x' and skip a good chunk of it. But I thought it was kind of cute and the getting daily money was nice. I mostly used the time to dive, forage and stuff.

• Locked thread