Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I've never played a Harvest Moon or Rune Factory game before but I picked this up and it's just the best :3:.

I just got The Protein (get fit, brah), for successfully shaving the most fur off a giant sheep by whacking it with a giant fish. Then I went for a celebratory ride around town on my pet cow.

That said, I also have no idea what I'm doing, but that's part of the fun. I just got to the third dungeon, and everything is suddenly kicking my rear end. Should I just come back later once I've crafted myself some better gear (right now I have a Steel Sword, and some boring armor, I think just a shirt), or am I doing something wrong?

Also, you can date people I guess? Is this the "I love you" option you get if you press L or R when talking to him, or is that if you want to confess to them? People are making them sound different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Dirk the Average posted:

Crafting better gear can definitely help - make sure that you upgrade it as well, since you can really ramp up a weapon's capabilities by upgrading it. I'd also suggest bringing along villagers and/or animals with you when you go dungeon diving - some of the villagers can heal you, and some of the monsters are amazing. The other advantage to monsters (as opposed to villagers/your character) is they can't get equipment, which means they scale much better with levels than you do. The downside to monsters is that late game they can't get equipment, so you can eventually kit yourself and villagers out to higher stats. They're definitely a huge help, however, and I've been bringing two of them along with me to just about every dungeon.

Oh, I can bring multiple villagers? I assumed it was just one.

How do I outfit them though? Do I just give them weapons and such as gifts and they'll equip it if it's an upgrade?

Anyway, thanks for the tips everyone.

e: I love how there are skills for everything. Take a bath? You're now better at taking baths. I'm going to be the best in the world at taking baths. You don't even know how great my baths will be.

Cake Attack fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Oct 9, 2013

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Two more quick questions: How do the stat boosts food give you work? Are they just for the day, or what? (The +5 Str, and such).

Second, where can I find anything considered a Claw or Fang? I still haven't found anything.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

So if I understand right, the best way to trigger a specific town event is to play the game normally (saving each day before you go to bed), until you get a day where a town event occurs. Then, reload to the day before, ask someone who participates in the event you want to join you, then go to sleep. If they leave in the morning, trigger the town event and check the diary to make sure it's the right one. If they stay in the morning, reload to the night before and try again.

Does this all sound right?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Affection level. They need to be three, I think, except for Forte who can join right away.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I...I don't understand this, there are people like that?

I'm scared :ohdear:

smdh at anyone who's not interested in any of the eligible bachelors and bachelorettes in Rune Factory IV

if only you could marry the elf detective women

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

We should just be ordinarily aggressive and hostile to anyone who doesn't like Rune Factory 4

because anyone who doesn't like Rune Factory 4 can get hosed

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

bigass jncos posted:

Anime is great and I love spending time in Selphia with all of my friends.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

afaik you can't marry anime girls in stardew? so im not exactly sure what the point is?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i married saber

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

lol do you people actually think "person is getting older and fears they'll be single forever" is some weird japanese trope?

have you ever seen a sitcom or romantic comedy before

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

That's kind of a pessimistic way of looking at it. I dunno, I feel giving characters their own sexualities is far more compelling then just making everyone playersexual

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

hasn't marriage been in harvest moon for forever

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

just like in real life

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

bad people freaking out about gay content in things for kids is sadly pretty universal I feel

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

you're a weird dude gibbo

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Gibbo posted:

I'm not going to argue the statement itself, but I'm a weird dude for voicing my irritation over someone's bad posting habits and wishing that the series of games I enjoy would focus on the things that made it successful in the first place?

Meanwhile you've got Giant Boy Detective posting about his weird horse fetishes or some poo poo.

that was a bad post too, granted

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

xseed doesn't publish in EU afaik, they'd need to find someone else do it for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

DACK FAYDEN posted:

man I would totally monkey's paw for RF5

RF5 but it's developed by natsume

• Locked thread