Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
RF3 question: Is there any way to get rid of furniture if you don't want it anymore? Evelyn won't sell me any awesome paintings because I foolishly bought all the plants/a table/some chairs and now I apparently have too much furniture. She should have warned me that there was a limit! :arghfist::saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Aerofallosov posted:

Should I ship one of each thing like RF4? Or just keep what might be important.
It's not essential at all. Just make sure you ship crops as they level up so the seeds in the store level up too. And try to ship one of each upgrade item so Sakuya can sell it.

That said the only thing I've found it's truly worth hoarding is crafting materials. Crops & flowers are easy enough to grow & fish are easy enough to catch if you need some for a recipe or quest, it's easy enough to craft new gear if you decide you made a mistake with whatever you have equipped, colored grasses spawn on empty fields like mad, etc.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
A middle ground between modern QOL and old school charm is (More) Friends of Mineral Town. They're GBA updates of Back to Nature, which doesn't get as dark as 64. But even with that, the characters & events are still a lot more interesting than the ones in modern HM/Story of Seasons games.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
So that's the real reason you lose friendship for littering!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
AWL had really chill fishing & a handful of neat mechanics(raising your kid, the various cow breeds), but really boring everything else.

You can list off the townsfolk and they sound interesting, but the game doesn't do anything with them. Few random events, no festivals, little to no ongoing character drama, etc.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

LLSix posted:

It's called Stardew Valley. Good farming with decent fighting and its on most consoles now.
But Stardew Valley isn't populated by batshit insane people. :colbert:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Yeah, RF3 and 4 spoil you with enough dialogue that most people won't start repeating themselves for at least a year.

It makes it hard to go back to normal HMs, where people have maybe 3-4 things to say depending on situation and heart level. Even Stardew gets repetitive by comparison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Tired Moritz posted:

Stardew Valley's cooking system is pretty bad. It's all pepper poppers and coffee that you're making, anyway.
Hey now, that's not all you'd cook.

You'd make a ton of tortillas if you made the mistake of planting corn and wanted to eke out a bit more profit. :shepface:

• Locked thread