Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

TurnipFritter posted:

Stylistically, Little Dragon Cafe is very hit and miss. The storybook background in the house looks pretty neat, but the character models and the exterior shot are a little more PS2/Gamecube era than I would like.

I think the menu looks really good and cool but yeah, that outside shot looks rough. That's not even Gamecube, that's Gamecube port of a Dreamcast game like Skies of Arcadia/Sonic Adventure/Evolution Worlds. Those trees in particular look like they're ripped straight from the Chao Garden. The sad part is, the parts that look the best are the parts that aren't sticking to the storybook styling - the house would look comfy even on the Switch, but that fence and grass/stone path, ugh. The interior shot, on the other hand, is really nicely stylized, it looks a lot like they way they approach the interior environments of Paper Mario. I'm guessing the way they're handling the exterior/characters is having the objects get the the storybook-filter rendered in real-time so the filter will change as they and the camera move sort of like Okami, but it looks like one of those cheap crayon Photoshop filters. Since the game doesn't have a release date set yet, I'm hoping that once we see more for it it'll look better, I hope. I hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread