Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ganty
Jan 8, 2005
Because we want to! Because we want to!
Really? I would say Back to Nature on the PS1 or Friends of Mineral town on the GBA (it's basically a port with some minor improvements) would be the best to start with, simple and easier to get into than the SNES one. It's pretty easy to emulate the PS1 game, and I don't think the GBA one would be hard to find on ebay (assuming your DS even has a GBA slot).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganty
Jan 8, 2005

blackguy32 posted:

I think the one thing that annoys the poo poo out of me with Magical Melody is that so much poo poo is unavailable unless you make plenty of the townsfolk happy.

I jut got Friends of Mineral town and I am enjoying it immensely. I just wish mining in it wasn't so tedious.

The horrible thing about mining is (even if you use savegames to cheat the system to find the stairs in one go) sometimes there AREN'T stairs on the next level no matter what you do. So to guarantee getting to the bottom of the mine you have to use both saves on the cartridge. Or you could just use savestates if you're emulating I suppose.

Even so, that's not cool Natsume.

Ganty
Jan 8, 2005

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Oh, and another thing, I guess it's perfectly OK to walk all over your crops now. Running on them can decrease their value, but walking on them is just fine. Just fill up entire fields, now.

Haha, I guess this is better but I really liked the fact that in FOMT you could make huge squares of crops once you had a big enough watering can, but the renewable crops meant you had to get Harvest Sprites to collect vegetables for you. Maybe I'm weird.

• Locked thread