Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Really the only time we see James being really lovely is from loving Snape, who supposedly loved the girl James married and has spent every second he's been around James' son torturing him.

Basically what I'm saying is James should have let Snape die. Actually now that I'm thinking of it, wouldn't it make much more sense for Snape's life debt to mean he wouldn't have been able to tell Voldemort about the prophecy? I would claim that he could betray James this way proves that there wasn't an actual life debt, and that Snape wasn't in actual danger of being killed by werewolf Lupin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Inveigle posted:

Has there been any other book release (say, in the past 50 years) that was met with such expectation as Book 7? I can't really think of anything. Say what you will about JKR, but she was hugely influential in making reading popular again with kids.

I suppose the hype/excitement surrounding Book 7 was similar to people viewing the finale episodes of television shows like M*A*S*H, The Sopranos, and Lost.

The closest is probably Song of Ice and Fire, but since GRRM is going to die before he writes the final book I don't think it will be that much.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Also you need to know a specific address for the floo whereas you need someone's name to send them a thing by owl.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

M_Gargantua posted:

Snape grew up a friend of Lily's. Sure he eventually grew into a huge Jerk over his years at Hogwarts and subsequent years as a deatheater, but he still had his love of Lily that had grown for years. The moment Lily is threatened Snape throws away all of his friends, power, etc to run to Dumbledore, prostrate himself at his feet, and beg to save her. asked Voldemort if he could maybe kill off Lily's husband and son but leave her alive so Snape could bang that later.

Snape is the worst.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Snape being an incredible rear end in a top hat actually works against his cover, because why the gently caress would Dumbledore keep such a lovely teacher around unless he had some secret reason to trust him? I mean, like, the only reason that Snape got off from going to Azkaban is because Dumbledore vouched for him that he wasn't a total bad guy. But his entire actions show him to (at least apparently) still be the exact same Death Eater rear end in a top hat he was before.

• Locked thread