Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Hedrigall posted:

Time Turners cannot be used to change the past :eng101:

I hope you realize how stupid what you wrote just was.

If you can't change the past, then it wouldn't matter if you ran into past versions of yourself. You also wouldn't be able to breathe, because then you'd change where the air was in the past, not to mention localized oxygen concentrations. If you didn't change the past, you couldn't walk on a carpet, because you'd cause wear as a byproduct of the friction necessary to move. Or maybe you just can't change "big" outcomes. So I hope that butterfly's wingbeat you f-ed up wasn't going to cause a storm in Honolulu, I suppose. Besides, what characterizes a "major" change in the timeflow? JKR sure as hell doesn't know!

I'm not going to say they're bad books, but crap like that is author fiat of the worst kind.

Pick fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Aug 12, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The Muggle issue bothered me too. I mean, I can see why she wanted her wizarding world to be a secret (because otherwise the world would have gotten a little too complicated), but there had to be a better excuse than that. I think the words "international political clusterfuck" would have gone a lot further with me.

Hedrigall posted:

Yeah but you're forgetting a wizard did it.

This... was the right response :cool:.

• Locked thread