Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zebco
Nov 1, 2009

Eat. Sleep. Folk.
Harry Potter isn't my favorite book series ever written and I don't think the JK Rowling is the greatest writer of our generation or whatever, but they are probably the most important books I have ever read from a personal standpoint. I read first book when I was in 3rd or 4th grade, and until that point I pretty much despised reading. There wasn't much appeal in books for my sports/video games/anything but reading brain.

After finishing the first book I forced my Mom to buy me the second, and then the third and then the long wait for the fourth began. Everything changed after that and I began to read compulsively. Everything I could get my hands on, fantasy or not enthralled me. Now, twelve years later I'm off to a great college on an English scholarship and can't imagine what my life would have been like without reading that first book.

I guess I owe more to JK Rowling than to any other author and have to believe, that for all of their faults, Harry Potter, more than anything else effected my future in an incredibly positive way.

I'll always be sad it's over, but it was a great series. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread