Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scr0llwheel
Sep 11, 2004
ohelo
I started reading HP right after Chamber of Secrets was released. Since then, I've re-read the entire series before a new book was released but I've only read Deathly Hallows once. I'll have to do another read-through before the movie comes out.

Maybe it'll change after I do another read-through but I have no problems with DH. My least favorite book has got to be Order of the Phoenix. It was too long and Harry made so many stupid and frustrating decisions.

Overall, the series is absolutely fantastic. I'm not a huge reader but I'm constantly trying to find another book or series that'll capture my attention as HP does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scr0llwheel
Sep 11, 2004
ohelo
Gregorovitch had it, Grindelwald stole it from him, Dumbledore defeated him, and Draco disarmed Dumbledore on top of the Astronomy Tower. I've always thought the history of the Deathly Hallows and how Harry finally procures them all is too muddled for children to fully grasp.

See http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Elder_Wand#Recent_history

scr0llwheel fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Dec 30, 2010

scr0llwheel
Sep 11, 2004
ohelo

njbeachbum posted:

I have all the audiobooks but all of them are Jim Dale. I guess I am going to have to try the others out... drat there goes another couple hundred to JK

The Stephen Fry version is night and day better compared to the Jim Dale reading. It's well worth it.

scr0llwheel
Sep 11, 2004
ohelo
One mention of grandparents and there are 12 new posts. I really wish there were more HP books coming out.

At least we've got the (hopefully) awesome last movie still to come.

• Locked thread